Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bibby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2005, 11:48 PM

Pet Insurance, what company?

I plan to insure Pixi. My vet says that Petplan is the best, he thinks. He warned to beware of companies with low payments because they sometimes end up being more expensive in the longrun -if you have to make a claim. I have looked at a few and am just getting confused by it all.

Any opinions would help, please.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Take a look at this previous thread:

http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/dog...77.html?page=1

Ask your vet what commission they get from pushing PetPlan ?

If you still want to use PetPlan, you can get 2 months free if you sign up via their website: http://www.petplan.co.uk/ - valid until 21st November 2005
Tara_G
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2005, 12:49 AM
I've just insured Ellie with M&S, they do a no excess policy for only a few pounds more per year than there normal one, plus you can claim more than once for the same condition and you get up to £7000 per year for vets fees. The price for the policy was very reasonable too
Bibby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh that looks good. I will have a look tomorrow. I am a bit tired now and brains and eyes arent working, LOL.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 06:55 AM
I'm with M&S too. I haven't had to claim yet (thank the Lord) but they came highly recommended so I don't foresee any problems. Only £11.77 per month too
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-11-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm with NFU Mutual which is the best i have found and the cover includes any illness for life not just 12 months like some companies. The excess is lower than petplan but the cover is as good plus they pay out very quickly. I pay £289 for two dogs per year.A friend of mine had a quote off petplan for a boxer pup last week and when i told them about NFU the price was £80 cheaper......Cheers...Ian..
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 08:42 AM
I am with M&S, and have a few large claims going through at the moment, and have already claimed £350.
I only pay £10 a month, with no excess.
Bears Mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2005, 08:50 AM
I insure Holly with direct line, £10.38 a month and the cover is extensive. I can't say how they are in the event of a claim though, I haven't had to claim yet.
My eldest springer is covered by the society we homed him from, because he was over 8 when we homed him he qualifies for their 'old dog scheme', which means they pay all his non-routine vet bills.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 09:07 AM
my two are with M&S and Murphy (rottie) has claimed his full £7,000 this year due to his TPLO op and his premiums did not go up when I renewed
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Bear's with M&S but we've not had to claim yet. I think i've got the one with a bit of excess on it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >