Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
neil
New Member!
Male 

26-10-2005, 02:07 PM

Price of a dog??

Hi everyone can anyone please help me and tell the the normal price I would pay of a good rottweiler puppy??????
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:10 PM
I suppose it depends what area you live in - I would think you would pay at least £500-£600 or maybe more
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I have no idea sorry. I'd try phoning round a few breeders and see what they are pricing pups at
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Had a look round...the price of a well bred KC regrottie is £550-£650.Both parents should be hip scored....run a mile if they are not.
I have also seen 'less well bred' litters for the same if not more money...so beware.
The best place to start is to contact the breed club who will put you in touch with a good breeder....buying from a reputable breeder ensures that you get a good quality pup from health tested parents and also life long support and advice if required
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:42 PM
i no When we were Looking For a B/C pup only a FEW Months ago now there were being Priced @ Anything from £500- 700, in the End we got the Pup we Wanted for £250 so thought we got a Good Price and She is Priceless.... and Wonderful Good luck with Your Serch, Try some of the Farmers Weekleys Papers.
That,s Where we So Lots of Diffrent Breeds Not Just B/C
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Sorry to butt in just a quick question! Do you think working line dogs are worth less than show lines (both KC) or about the same? Strange question I know, but it's been bothering me for some time!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Collie crazy
I would never recommend buying a large powerful breed cheaply from a newspaper advert.Cheap pups can cost more in the long run since they are usually bred without health tests and hence can have problems such as hip displascia,eye problems etc.The extra couple of hundred pounds spent can save thousands in the long run.
A large working breed such as a rottie bred by someone who is breeding without health tests has probably not been bred with temperament in mind either...not something I would entertain buying.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Sorry to butt in just a quick question! Do you think working line dogs are worth less than show lines (both KC) or about the same? Strange question I know, but it's been bothering me for some time!
BCs are one of the cheaper breeds.I would expect to pay £400-£450 for a show bred BC...slightly less for a working bred one.
However whichever type I would only buy from health tested parents with excellent results A farm bred collie is usually less agin....however health tests are rarely carried out on farm collies so you take a risk
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Ok, thanks! In the local paper you get a lot of ads for dogs with no mention of health tests (not to say they might be, but surely it would be a selling point??) and they're advertised at ridiculous prices. A litter of working Gundogs were advertised (no health tests mentioned) for £400??? Thing is there will be some poor sucker who will go out and get one and then 18 months down the line might have HD and could spend something like £2,000 getting it sorted!

Can't agree more when you say only buy from health tested pups, it's just not worth it in the long run. I'd be pulling my hair out worrying every time the dog pulled a muscle!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Not sure how much rotties would be,but like others have said I would look into reputable breeders and you will find if you enquire from a few there prices will be the same,we were looking for a Bernese Mountain Dog and enquired about prices from 2 places,and also checked other breeders on the internet and the prices were all the same.You can also then see the health test results that are necessary for that breed of dog.In the end we got a newfoundland x berner.Not because she was cheaper we liked the sound of the two breeds together.Also we knew the breeder and the puppies parents.Good luck with your search.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >