Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 12:19 PM

Discover Dogs

Is anyone participating this year?

I was thinking about contacting the WFTA and asking if they want to show off Archie as a 'pet' fox terrier He'd be great!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

09-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Are you going Tuti? if so ppppppppppppplease take loooooooooooooads of piccies for us!!

You should enter Archie - hes a great example of his breed!
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-10-2005, 04:06 PM
We are going to watch it: should be a great day out
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok I have written an email asking if they want Archie for DD... but doesn anyone know how it actually works?

Yep I'll make sure to take loads of photos If I go
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Azz are presas recognised by the KC? I've never seen one in the flesh before
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
Ok I have written an email asking if they want Archie for DD... but doesn anyone know how it actually works?
It works like this:

on your breed stand you will have the dogs in a pen in the breeds booth. You will then be standing in or just outside the booth having people come up, fuss your dog and talk to you about the breed both generally and more specfic It's hard work IME, talking to people, answering the same question time and time again and also looking out for the dog making sure they don't get tired and no-one's doing anything the dog's don't like. However it is VERY rewarding when you find you have either convinced someone the breed is for them or isn't for them.

I have done DD and both DD and Crufts for both australian shepherds and Irish red and white setters.

Depending on the club you will either have a couple of hours with a change over of dogs and people between 2-4 hours (fresh dogs come on which is great and different people who won't have heard the ame question!) or you might have a couple of people on all day (bad for dogs, it is a long tiring day. One breed has all day my other has every 4 hours a change over of people. MUCH easier for the dogs and people!

Oh and if your breed is popular on the day then you can forget about photos!!! My Dad never managed to get away from the stand last year when I was in the grooming competition and he was going to take photo's of me He just couldn't leave mum on her own with so many people showing an interest!

If you do go I'm sure you will enjoy it! (just sleep the whole night like a baby!)
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the info Roxanne Am I right in thinking it's the breed club I should contact if I want to take part?

Well IME fox terriers are not that popular... you know they are labelled with the 'yappy snappy' reputation and I'm on a mission to change that!
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Yes the breed clubs deal with it. Sometimes the club will have a committee member who is in charge of sorting out DD people for the breed and also the infomration that goes on the stand aswell as the decorations!!!

Good luck with your mission! My experiance of most terriers is yappy and snappy however I know some lovely parsons and borders so I'm sure all of them are fine! Depending on the day you go I will try to come and see you
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm thinking of going has anyone been before?
Dogsrule
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I go every year Jake it's brilliant fun. My jack Russell Terrier is in the final of the companion dogs show on the sunday evening (13th Nov) so we shall be competing this year. My young neice is going to show him so look out for us if you go. In fact he looks a lot like your little one according to the picture you have in the your breeds section. So come up and say hello if you go!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >