Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pawprints
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:14 PM

I worry about myself sometimes ...!

Are you ... a home-bird or do you have to always be out & about?

I amaze my friends by never wanting to go anywhere .. by that, I mean ... I would much rather be at home! I am not scared of going out of the house or anything, i shop, visit places, go walking, etc.. I`m not agrophobic, but ... I am just happy to stay at home... am i sad? I don`t need 'to get a life'! I have one, which I love ... & I love home-life & am very content the way I am ...

I just wondered how other people feel ... do you hate being at home .. do you like your own company or do you have to have people around you? Lucy
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi. You sound very much like me. when I was younger I was really outgoing and could never spend a night in the house, and especially not Friday or Saturday! Since I had my daughter 11 years ago I've really changed. Like you I have an active life and have lots of hobbies, but I just can't be bothered with going out and getting dolled up! I like to stay in at night and 'chill'.

I think with me I knew I had to change my partying ways when I had my daughter, and now I've got that used to staying in I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I don't think there's anything wrong in this, in fact I don't envy my more outgoing mates at all, although they do call me and say I'm old before my time! When I hear of some of the things which happen to them on their nights out it makes me glad to be boring!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:31 PM
im a home person i used to go out all the time partying night clubbing if anything exciting was going on i would be there but when i had my son everything changed i stopped going out no more partys night clubbing id rather stay in with my own company and couch up with my son and a book
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Im pretty happy being anywhere! I dont mind spending the day at home cause theres always something i gotta do or being out with friends etc.Im 35 now,so not excally a teenager anymore...

I dont go drinking like i used to cause i wised up to the amount of money i was spending and the landlords/brewerys are the only ones who get rich.When in town-i always pop in to one of the pubs for a drink and meal though.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I am a home-body! I dont seem to feel the need to go out all the time! I much prefer chilling out on my sofa, with the girls!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:42 PM
I love been at home
especially when all my children are at school and oh gone fishing,just me and scruff
and of course my computor with dogweb
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
i enjoy being at home but living in a country where a lot of tourists are the people are most of the time very sociable and happy because they are on holiday and if i go out people always willing to talk and make friends that`s why i like it here but it can be very lonely sometimes i don`t think people really enjoy it being alone at home all the time and not having company when you have the right company then it doesn`t matter if you are at home or out you just enjoy it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by pawprints
Are you ... a home-bird or do you have to always be out & about?

I amaze my friends by never wanting to go anywhere .. by that, I mean ... I would much rather be at home! I am not scared of going out of the house or anything, i shop, visit places, go walking, etc.. I`m not agrophobic, but ... I am just happy to stay at home... am i sad? I don`t need 'to get a life'! I have one, which I love ... & I love home-life & am very content the way I am ...

I just wondered how other people feel ... do you hate being at home .. do you like your own company or do you have to have people around you? Lucy

Yes I'm the same - I love being at home, don't think there is anything wrong with that. I crave peace and quiet and time on my own but unfortunately with two teenagers and a four year old it isn't always possible except for a few hours a day - I think I would love to try it for at least a couple of days and be completely on my own and do what I want all the time.

What starsign are you - not Cancer by any chance are you
pawprints
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I agree, Fred ... with the right company I am happy out for a meal or a drink etc. & yes, I love to talk & can do so happily with anyone but .. I find that people often say come out, say ... partying, dancing or something (& these are often older people or my age, not youngsters) & when I say ... no, they want to know why, when I say, I`d rather stay at home, it is not what I like to do ... they look at you as if you are strange

I too, did all the night-clubbing stuff, partying when I was younger ... but now, I love just being at home ... Lucy
pawprints
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Yes I'm the same - I love being at home, don't think there is anything wrong with that. I crave peace and quiet and time on my own but unfortunately with two teenagers and a four year old it isn't always possible except for a few hours a day - I think I would love to try it for at least a couple of days and be completely on my own and do what I want all the time.

What starsign are you - not Cancer by any chance are you
I`m a gemini Lucy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >