Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:27 PM

And to top it all off...

Archie just got attacked by the biggest bully of a GSD I've ever seen, and then his big bully of an owner went on to attack me!

Sure it can't get any worse....
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Let's hope not Tuti!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh dear tuti, hope you and Archie are ok after that then. Don't tell me, the gsd was off the lead? Archie was on the lead and the gsd came over to you? The owner of the gsd did nothing until you had a go at him? Yep, same thing happened to me the other day! Some people just shouldn't have dogs, especially large guarding dogs that they have no control over! Luckily I have total control over mine, but they are both a couple of softies anyway. This morning a little baby black lab came running over to us whilst they were playing with a deaf sheepdog, and they adored it! Some gsd's are not very nice tuti I'm afraid and they are very big and scary for poor Archie, but I always blame the owners for that never the dog. Hope you don't meet him out again though!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Not quite Helena....

Both dogs were offlead... Archie went over to have a sniff and stopped quite near to the GSD (about 2m) The owner wasn't paying attention. Then without any warning at all the dog LUNGED at Archie and Archie screamed so loud and ran away...

I shouted at this bloke to put his dog on the bloody lead if he was aggressive, but it turns out the bloke was aggressive too cos he came right up to me and started threatening me with his nose an inch from mine

I was in such a bad mood I was having none of it, told him where to stick it and his "status symbol" dog... I thought he was gonna hit me though, you should have heard some of the stuff he said to me.

Poor Archie had his walk cut off short cs I was so upset, I came right back home.

If I meet this idiot again I swear I'll hit him.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Oh no, hope you're both ok. OH was out with Cassie yesterday on the beach and a tiny little woman had a huge GSD off the lead which ran off with Cassie's ball. Instead of putting the dog back on the lead, she threw the ball back towards OH, GSD chased the ball, ran straight at OH and after a scuffle OH ended up on his backside on the beach. No mean feat as he's 6'7"

People shouldn't have any dog they can't control, no matter what breed!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Its a shame we cannot legally own CS gas for people like this...
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:51 PM
You poor thing! What an ignorant man!
Hope you are both feeling better soon!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
People shouldn't have any dog they can't control, no matter what breed!

Well said wufflehoond

I hope this isn't gonna turn into a "I hate german shepherds" thread! Lol! They are fine, in the right hands - honest, I've had 6 of them, all have been fine with other dogs, well apart from one I suppose, but I was so careful never to have her around any other dogs except on a lead
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 05:16 PM
No... it's not an 'I hate german sheperds' thread...I don't hate German Sheperds... I hate stupid men who own dogs solely because they feel the need to intimidate people but they're not scary enough without a big hard dog
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Hope you and Archie feel better soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >