Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 07:26 AM

Thoughtful Thursday 5th October 2023

Morning all. Well yep it is thoughful Thursday. Oh and yep Margaret did make it over on the bus on time and went back home on the bus on time. A good natter was had. Anyway yep it is a thoughtful day. I thought I would try to save some pennies by maybe not paying for my tv licence when it is due by either monthly instalments but they charge extra for the priviledge.So I will pay for the year when it is due. This morning I was listening to radio 4 farming today as I try ro keep on track of what is going on with all things to do with farming. It is interesting. This morning they were discussing the HS2 train now being cancelled and because of it starting to be talked about 10 years ago some farmers had to sell some of their ground etc. and now of course they are out of pocket because of this. Dreadful. Hey ho.
Have a good day folks.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 08:11 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Pleased Margaret made it to yours and you had a good natter.
There was an article yesterday of a man who house was very close to the proposed route and is now wothless as no-one will buy it even though it has been cancelled, Nobody seems to care how it has affected some people.

Don't talk about roadworks. I am sick of them everywhere you go round here there are some and take ages to get through.

Sun is now coming out so another nice I hope. Teazle walked and had a tidy up. Appointment at the hospital was ok and they have agreed to put her on the waiting list for her tonsils but really her dad should have gone as they need his permission to do it. They are sending him a letter for him to do so.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2023, 08:48 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
We may be off to the beach at Heacham later give Brewster a walk in some nice loose sand, supposed to be good for the carpal issue.
So is pavement walking apparently but not sure about that as we also have to worry about the impact of that on his bones.
We truly feel between a rock and a hard place at the moment. Stopping him bouncing first thing in the morning is a nightmare.

Don't get me started on HS2 the way they have raped the countryside displaced all the natural habitat of birds, insects and mammals angered me and as said all the people now regarding homes, farms etc.,
Roald Dahls woods. For all those dreadful things they have done they should have finished it.

Sue I hope Maria gets her operation soon.
brenda glad Margaret got over and home with no issues.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 12:08 PM
Good afternoon all

Niceish morning, but a bit cool

HS2 was always going to be a white elephant. A vast expense for minimal improvement which was always going to be outdated if ever they got it finished - just my opinion

I like the new idea on smoking. A way of steadily working through to a total ban without impacting on those already addicted

Social Services have got in touch and the first step is for the social worker to talk to Gary alone with the aid of an interpreter. That, I think, is a good first step. Let's hope so
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 03:27 PM
Has anyone tried bephar calming spot on or rescue remedy? Worth a try.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 04:12 PM
I used the spot on with my 2 for fireworks and the collars too, I think the collars worked quite well but the spot on gets diluted with rain.
Please say your prayers that my GP will help me with my blood tests, should have had a call an hour ago but not had anything yet
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 04:49 PM
My thoughts are always with you. How is Kota?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 04:58 PM
Afternoon all

Been to work a terrible day but equally a reasonable outcome a chap approached myself and a colleague and simply clutched his chest and collapsed forward I caught him stopped him hitting his head on the desk. He was having we believed a heart attack,oset of pain in left arm. then back and chest like someone standing on it. Waited 40 minutes for the ambulance although did SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE THROUGHTOUT and they did say at first “try to get him to AE yourselves” “DO WHAT” did not have to apply the store defib or anything else . He was taken away by ambulance no news on his condition luckily a nurse was in store and came to assist but we did not need to do anymore than keep him calm few shaky minutes where he loosed my hand and also lips went blue and he seemed to loose conciousness none responsive but breathing. But he left alive in the ambulance Thank God, the chap was in his early 40’s.

Shows you never know.

In fact still shaky myself I think but he has by clutching my hand I think maybe broken my thumb at the base or wrist see how it is tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 06:01 PM
Kazz, go checked out now, don't leave it, it will be so painful overnight for you. Well done in helping him and how lucky it happened where people were about, imagine him being home alone or in a car!
Good news, the Dr said yes!!!! She's an absolutely bloody godsend that lady, I have not been so worried about money in a long time! Even with my overdraft I wasn't too fussed but trying to come up with hundreds each month and my consultant fee....that was worrying me!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2023, 06:03 PM
Kota is o.k thanks Brenda...... she's still a nob lol. Managing to give her her antibiotics, she is not a fan of hibiscrub lol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >