Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 08:42 AM

Worming

I wormed Holly's pups and Holly a week ago and this morning i found a worm in one of their poo's (it was dead). Should i give another dose of wormer (panacur) or should i leave it until the next wormer is due at the end of the week. I always thought that the wormer caused any dead worms to be digested into the pups body, so i,m a bit worried that the wormer has not worked properly as it is a week since they were given it, what would you do?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 09:05 AM
I would leave it, it's only another week till they are due again, the worm was dead so it proves the panacur is working.
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Yes i think your right CC, its just i have not seen any worms in other litters straight after worming so was a bit worried. I will leave it until next worming, thanks
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 08:54 PM
this happend to me as well
i wormed all pups at just gone 2 weeks and nothing then 4 or 5 days later 2 of the passed a dead 1. i did not worm them again until i should of and this time o sore nothing