Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 07:55 AM

Sky red Sunday 18th December 2022

Morning all. Thankyou to everyone, especially you Kelly. I am now just going to forget I have a daughter in this country. Too much stress trying to contact her as I do think her mail is being intercepted by her partner. My other daughter keeps in touch from USA. So I have to be thankful for that. So, onwards and upwards as they say, whoever they are? Please have a wonderful Christmas and love your family. Have a good day all. Kelly please send my best wishes to Moyra.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 09:09 AM
Good morning Brenda

So sorry about your daughter. I had a friend, now sadly passed, whose eldest son was given the choice by his in-laws his daughter or his parents. Of course he chose the daughter and to this day he does not know his mother has died. Such sad situations.

Hope your cold soon goes and Dave is not too bad.

Yes it was a lovely red sky when I got up but now very grey. Rain forecast this afternoon so hopefully the ice on our part of the road will go. Youngest son and family did not come yesterday as both he and eldest daughter not well and did not want to pass it on to us although I have been in contact all week so I hope I don't get whatever they have had.

Hope all are well Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 11:18 AM
Morning all. We had a little snow but it's stopped now and we have rain.
Deags has decided today is not her day and gone back to sleep under her blanket lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Sue, griff and all to follow.
Started off with another very hard frost this morning and very cold again too.
It is now dark and raining and still very cold.
We popped out to a farm shop not been there before and we were going to have breakfast in their cafe but it was breakfast with Santa so we went somewhere else.
We managed to get breakfast but not the potatoes or veggies for Christmas, so ended up in Wisbech to the farm shop there and got all I wanted.
We have a day off baby sitting tomorrow as Mark was owed a day for when he covered for the manager last week.

brenda sorry for the sad situation with your daughter
Sue I hope you remain lurgy free not what you want at Christmas.
griff how are you feeling now ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 02:56 PM
Sue, hope you stay germ free!
Lynn, enjoy your day off
I am o.k thank you.... just very very tired and of course getting ready for the royal visit! Not looking forward to it to be honest, in fact, not looking forward to Christmas at all.
Steve had Friday off and today off, didn't invite me over, I have 2 massive bags of Christmas presents for him as well as a dashcam, bird feeder and more Christmas lights and 20 cans of cider, just said he will have to let me know when he wants to pick his gifts up as I am not trying to struggle on 2 buses. He then started saying he has 4 days off over Christmas...hmmmm, that's useful to me how? My brother comes Christmas eve, then it's Christmas day, then boxing day limited buses then his last day off is the 27th so that's ruled out.... haven't seen him for weeks now apart from a minute when he wanted to pick up his parcel from mum and dad's.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 03:29 PM
Afternoon all just a flying visit here just getting ready to have a shower than off for the afternoon meal the litter pick and breakfast went well 32 of us in various areas then coffee in little groups had just a coffee in the end myself.

Rain here but the ice is slowly moving on.

Brenda I really feel for your situation, no idea how to resolve it does your daughter have a work address where you could possibly send something to her so you know she actually is not being "intercepted" you could send to? But do not think you are the only one in this situation nor sadly will you be the last. What's the other thing people say "you hurt the ones you love the most" Anyhow Thank you for your Christmas wishes and same back at you. LOL

Sue Lots of lurgy going around if your son and eldest granddaughter have it good chance it will go through like well a lurgy.

Lynn Glad you got what you wanted in the end and how nice your son can have Monday with his daughter will they do something? How is the table moving coming on is it in situ now? Any news on the possible pup?

Griff Does that mean you could be at Steve's for Christmas or at least some part of it? hope Deags is feeling a bit better maybe its a doggy weather stroke, LOL

Chris Christmas is a coming have you got yourself a notepad for when you see Gary again to take down all his instructions of wants/needs complaints when he sees you again? Hope you brekkie was nice this morning any battery news or do you need to get in the reindeer?

Moyra Happy Sunday

Catch you all later people
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 03:41 PM
Brenda BBC2 Just after 4pm today film Saving Mr Banks may well be worth a watch I am going to record In fact BBC2 look to have god films all week
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2022, 04:25 PM
griff you seem to be being messed about.
Kazz glad you enjoyed the morning and hope you enjoy the afternoon and evening too. I think you will.
The table is now in place and the small table from indoors in the cabin.
I'm not sure if Mark and Freya will go out but there will be lots of laughter, playing and possibly curling up on the sofa together to watch a Christmas film.
He will also be doing the dishwasher etc.,
Funny you should ask about puppies. Debbie our friend contacted me today Lyra is in season and if all goes well puppies will be ready to come home at the end of April. Good timing for us.
She has said if we are offered another before then to go ahead she will not be offended.
We will wait I have researched both lines she is using in her programme and am happy with the results.
We have met Bran and Lyra who both live with her and Bran is a therapy dog and Lyra had a singleton pup early this year and we met him before he left for his new home and saw an updated picture when we visited them at the Stamford Christmas market.
He is looking good.
The only thing that might change is if a rescue who desperately needed a home came up we might well be tempted then.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 04:58 PM
Kazz, no, I won't be at Steve's at all over Christmas. If I end up going anywhere it would be to Robs, he has said I can go and stay anytime I need a place, really really good lad.
Lynn, oooooo exciting.....I don't think I would ever have another puppy again, I really don't have the energy now, infact....I am not having anything else.
Getting very very annoyed with my dad, sooooo lazy!
Dropped 2 more pairs of trainers off to my uncle, couldn't get him on the phone so left them at reception, got hold of him after though, very grateful to my mum
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2022, 08:15 PM
Good afternoon all

Really no idea what the weather is like as the damned cold hit again with a vengeance. Throat so bad this morning that Dave has had a really quiet day. Thankfully, neither of us can stomach food so, apart from feeding Rosie, there wasn't a lot to worry about there and as Dave isn't as bad as me, it has fallen to him. When I walk I feel as though my legs belong to someone else and I'm all over the place so I've been banned from trying to get up for most of the day.

Thankfully, I'm feeling a little better for this past hour so fingers crossed I'm through the worst of it although I did think that yesterday. Covid tests keep coming back as negative so I know it's just a very bad cold.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >