Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 07:21 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 19th December, 2021

Good Morning everyone, I am up early these days because I cannot sleep as I cannot breathe laying down. Hopefully after my echocardiogram on the 24th I shall know more about what is wrong with me.I know the two blood transfusions and the iron infusions do not seem to have made much difference to my breathing problems..

Lynn. hope you had a better night with Dillon and managed to get some sleep in yourselves.

Kelly, hope things are improving for you too. Take care of yourselves everyone. God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 09:13 AM
Good morning Moyra (and the rest who come in)

I have breathing problems Moyra and during a flare up I prop up on five pillows so that I'm in bed semi sat up. It does help. If you haven't got the pillows, prop up the mattress by putting something under the head end to raise it up a bit.

Kelly, no they haven't really said when it will come except 'hopefully next week' which should be this week now. I've heard it all before and I'll be highly surprised if they come before new year if ever

Still mucky, misty, murky out there so another dismal day for a walk. We still manage to enjoy it though
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 10:14 AM
Good morning Moyra, Chris and all who follow

Hope you get some answers on Friday Moyra

Hope the heating is solved before Christmas for everyone Chris

Hugs to you all Lynn and a gentle one to Dillon.

Yep murky out there this morning. Yesterday I went with `ben and the grandchildren to Blueweater. They enjoyed themselves looking and asking for a lot of things which of course we had to say no to some. Eldest son has been told that he has bought them a Build a Bear for Christmas We got most of their school uniform including some nice shoes from M & S. Now the only bits we have to order are from the uniform shop and some plimsoles. We had their feet measured in Clarkes and Maria's (eldest) are a size 4 so will soon be having to wear adult shoes. Big fit run on the mum's side of the family

Nothing planned today. Have made some macaroni cheese and apple crumbles so the rest of the day is mine.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2021, 10:19 AM
Morning Mora, Chris and all to follow.
Another murky day here again.
We had been having good nights Moyra but last night was not a good one. I got up to Dillon at 11.35 he needed a wee and then a drink from the pond. he then wanted to to go in the cabin which I let him do otherwise he would of slept on the wet patio slabs.
He needed help up the step. I got some kip on the sofa and he slept out there for around an hour until something disturbed him.
I convinced him to come in. he settled down I went back to bed, 2.30 am I heard him crying he was trying to get up, when I got to him he was standing looking at the sofa and needed help getting up there.
he slept on and off till around 4 am then was uncomfortable and couldn't settle. Gorden then got up and we stayed awake watching and me stroking him.
He got off the sofa around 5 am and he had trouble making his back right leg work. He settled himself on the floor and slept till around 7.30.
Gave him his Pardale and Vivitonin and he ate some chicken. he is unsteady on his legs today and now back in the cabin.
We are at the vet tomorrow for his Librela injection but we are thinking of stopping it he is on the Pardale and Gabapentin painkillers and we have never had much success with the Librela. Rang the vet earlier no call from Katherine she is off this weekend, tried to see if I get him seen by Katherine tomorrow she has known him 8 years and mostly cared for him regards all his problems.
Unfortunately she is overbooked tomorrow and no available appointments till Christmas eve I am not sure we can wait that long for advice and someone looking at him they did offer a call today from their head vet Andy but I said we are in tomorrow so we will have a chat with a vet tomorrow and see what they suggest.

Moyra sorry you are having trouble, my Grandad years ago had emphysema had a wooden frame that you could have upright for your pillows and he was able to sleep propped up.
griff do hope Christmas ends up going well for you.
Chris everything crossed the heating is fixed early part of this week.

Keep safe and well everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 01:07 PM
Lynn, I am so sorry for you.....I hope the vet helps you make the decision, it's horrible to have to do but at Christmas too...awful, I had to do it on the 23rd December with Diez.
Well, my brother has told my mum he is coming....so last night was what exactly?? I assume just trying to start yet another argument! And apparently he is bringing some pink fizz from the vineyard he has invested in.....I swear, there are literally no words except what a Ponce!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 01:15 PM
Sue...I am a 5- 5.5 and still in juniors and some juniors gobup to a 6, stay out of the adult section as long as you can as you certainly see a difference in price! I can get juniors designer trainers for £30, same style and size in ladies £50
Moyra, the iron and blood won't make much difference to your breathing if you have heart failure....that will be excess fluid and I imagine they have started you on treatment for that...yes, shortness of breath can be attributed to anaemia but I would imagine that the heart failure is the cause.
Chris...I really hope that the heating engineer is true to his word and that it's this week. Is it a housing association property? If you have FB, get on there and start making a "paper trail" and if it drags on, councillor and press....or do what I did with Steve's place, Google the CEO, their email address will pop up and email them directly ( it p*sses them right off lol)
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 02:38 PM
It was threatening to go to the MP and the press that got the guy out last week, Kelly

Oh Lynn, poor Dillon. I so feel for you and the big lad. Never, ever easy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 03:58 PM
Lol... good for you Chris, I emailed the CEO of national express about the poor service and then when he didn't acknowledge my email.... I emailed him again telling him how I thought he was rude and lacked manners lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2021, 05:30 PM
Gosh griff you don't know if your coming or going I imagine.
Sue glad you got the girls bits that were needed.
Chris sometimes the only way to go, me emailing Gill's MP when she was so ill is what gave the local council a boot up the bum to get the things she desperately needed sorted.
He worked so quick but unfortunately all to late for her by the time the things were done.
Sometimes we have to get angry.

Thanks all he is quite wobbly on his legs today eaten some cooked chicken and beef mince but not a great deal. Hasn't eaten his lunchtime Lily Woofbrush after his lunch for about 3 days now very unusual he absolutely loves them normally and waits to remind you to give him one.
He is eating lying down, and now drinking indoors lying down we take the water bowl and food bowl to him, he has let me give him a little brush and trim off the bits off his legs where he drools and his chest.
Also let me clean his ears.
I don't know what the outcome will be tomorrow when I speak to the vet doing it on my own as only one person per pet allowed in. I am hoping we can both go in when the time to say goodbye comes not sure if that will be tomorrow or the New year, but as for discussing where he is at now it will be me because I am the one that writes it down daily.
Guess we have to see how he goes tonight.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2021, 05:39 PM
Hi Everyone thanks for advice. I have tried four pillows but I never seem to be able to get comfortable like that. Roll on the 24th hopefully something will get sorted. They say it is heart failure but what is the treatment for that?

Have a good evening all God Bless.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >