Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 08:40 AM

Daily Thread,Wednesday, 17th March. 2021

Good morning everyone. I hope you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Lynn and Kelly hope your two are ok now.

Have a good day, take it easy and stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 09:24 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Hope you are well today Moyra. Getting warmer now and the sun is shining here. So off for my walk, a bit later today.
Hope everyone including yourself has a good day. Byee.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2021, 10:23 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all to follow.
Thanks Moyra it was Dillon having issues but he is fine now thank you. We managed to avert a trip to the vet with the Gaviscon and Windeze being administered and lots of farting throughout the afternoon and evening.
Was hoping to get the washing out later but it is now looking very overcast so guess that won't be happening.
Tidying and brushing Dillon today he was due a go through yesterday but due to him having an uncomfortable tummy I decided to leave it.

Enjoy your walk brenda.
griff hope Kota is ok and fingers crossed for the car.

Hope everyone else is well today. Stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 11:00 AM
Lynn, glad Dillon avoided having to go to the vets. However it must have caused you quite a bit of concern. Poor Dillon, perhaps his tummy has got more sensitive as he has got older. I know mine has. lol. On the whole he is doing well for his age and it is all credit to you and his care.

Kelly, hope Kota has settled a bit more. Are you back on the little white pills today. I hope you are ok too. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Hello all

Losos You asked Question for anyone - Have you used the flea & tick medication called NEXGARD SPECTRA

I use Billy No Mates which I sprinkle on Gerts food no issues, its made up of combination of mint, seaweed, fenugreek, neem leaves and lemon balm.
They also do a spray as well.

This next order have decided to try Skinny Herbs as well basically Echinacea, Nettle, Neem leaves, Marigold Flowers, Thyme, Burdock Root. A friend who walks her dog with skin issues swears its made a difference, and getting to hear good reports too from a man who walks a skin issue nightmare that is a Bulldog. Gert is kinda a seasonal paw/itch girl so hoping this helps, figure it cannot hurt.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2021, 11:53 AM
He was starting to bloat again Moyra, I think I made the connection, when he bloated then his stomach twisted last year he was on a dehydrated raw organic food which you re hydrate, I decided to buy a small bag and try it again as his tummy seemed to of settled again. He had two evening meals of it and yesterday morning he started showing early symptoms of bloating.
We walked him he did a poop but that didn't help so more Windeze and Gaviscon and ready to go if needed.
Thankfully we didn't need the vet we ended up with farting most of the day and he was fed his home cooked last night and back to normal today.
So it's going to have to be wet food or home cooked or a combination of both.
I needed a Gaviscon as I ended up with indigestion alongside Dillon, mine was stress.
He's all better today though and brushed and snoring.
Gorden said much the same thank goodness you know the signs and what to do. Hopefully if we did need the vet again it would be a matter of expelling the air the gastropexy is meant to stop the stomach twisting. It doesn't always work and the stitching can come apart but mostly it works.

I sympathise with you on the tummy being more sensitive as you get older.

Billy no mates gets some good reviews Kazz.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Billy no mates gets some good reviews Kazz.
Yes been using it for quite a few year my brother does too for Alfie their Westie who was 16 on Sunday

My neighbour had a bit of a scare regarding bloat with their St Bernard Rosie at the weekend too but another none vet visit, know it was worrying because saw their garden room lights on when I got up in the night so suspect Martin slept downstairs with her
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Good morning all

A bit of a drizzly and dank morning here. Of course, the sun has come out now we are back home.

Got my Mothers' Day cards today and Gary hasn't yet got any of his birthday cards for today that were posted last Thursday. I took mine up to him this morning and, poor lad. it's the only one he's got.

We have most of our postal staff off either with Covid or self isolating because of it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good morning all

A bit of a drizzly and dank morning here. Of course, the sun has come out now we are back home.

Got my Mothers' Day cards today and Gary hasn't yet got any of his birthday cards for today that were posted last Thursday. I took mine up to him this morning and, poor lad. it's the only one he's got.

We have most of our postal staff off either with Covid or self isolating because of it.
Tell him its a birthday year not a birthday day not the same I know
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2021, 12:06 PM
Right people off out Good morning and also Good afternoon all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >