Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 06:06 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 17th August, 2020

Good morning all, I trust you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take care and please stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 07:39 AM
Morning Moyra and all. Have you ever noticed that even decluttering it doesn't look like it.
lol. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2020, 08:06 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all to follow.
Warm and sunny here after the deluge here yesterday tea time.
Seems most of March was flooded again. It happened 6 years ago drains not cleaned out properly and that was what was happening yesterday.
Plus everything getting built on and people concreting everything over. Our drive is gravel so eventually when the rain slows it drains away and the bottom half of the back garden is gravel to so does the same at the back.
3 out of the 7 air brick protectors coming today the other 4 tomorrow. Gorden has read we are due more flash flooding Wednesday so we should be prepared.
Luckily the last two flash floods we have encountered here it hasn't quite reached our air bricks. Our front step is high and so is the step into the back so hopefully we should be ok on that front.
I expect Stuart will be round doing something with his air bricks in the week/weekend.

brenda hope you get an offer today one that is acceptable.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 08:13 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Fingers crossed you get a favourable offer soon Brenda

Oh dear Lynn not good with the flash flooding. Hope the vent protectors do good job and keep the water at bay

Sunny here at the moment so washing out but keeping an eye out for rain. Yesterday when Paul and I went in search of a sleeping bag etc the rain lashed down. The wipers were hardly clearing it and a lot of flood water on the road but none of it a worry to drivers. Car park was under half an inch of water so wet feet when dashing from car to doors

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 08:57 AM
Good morning all

I have no idea where posts disappear to at times, the problem of the lost posts I write press post and they disappear.....POOF

Anyhow the general gist of my post is dull and overcast overhead. No washing out due to the weather and my lack of being able to keep and eye out for the weather changed. LOL
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-08-2020, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I have no idea where posts disappear to at times, the problem of the lost posts I write press post and they disappear.....POOF

Yes it happens to me sometimes Kazz

Problem with me is I get annoyed and then don't feel like typing it all again

I often compare the internet to the Californian gold rush days, lots of crooks, no agreed standards, plenty of 'techno talk' and a general couldn't care less attitude concerning the users
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 10:56 AM
Good morning.

After a dull early start, the sun came out and it's been hot, hot, hot. Very humid with is so sticky weather.

The travellers have now moved on with a little help from the authorities. The mess they leave behind is incredible. Filthy creatures.

A full day and a half to get the sealant, putty, filler and paint off the door frame. It really didn't look that bad, but boy was it hard work. We have a guy coming over the weekend to clad both inside and out and make the porch all nice and secure again. Rosie will miss the open space at the side of it as she much prefers it to using the door. Like a giant dog flap at the moment.

The guy across from us has had quite a few viewings, but I'm guessing he's having the same problem you have Brenda - more sightseers than actual potential buyers. Next door hasn't gone up yet, but no doubt will soon.

Gary should have his vibrating fire alarm and flashing door bell fitted today so will be happy as he's done nothing but complain about it of late
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Yes it happens to me sometimes Kazz

Problem with me is I get annoyed and then don't feel like typing it all again

I often compare the internet to the Californian gold rush days, lots of crooks, no agreed standards, plenty of 'techno talk' and a general couldn't care less attitude concerning the users
Have to say I never retype the detail I did orginally just highlights; occasionally when the mood strikes me or the internet takes a couple of my posts I "copy" before posting so if it goes I have it to just "paste"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good morning.

After a dull early start, the sun came out and it's been hot, hot, hot. Very humid with is so sticky weather.

The travellers have now moved on with a little help from the authorities. The mess they leave behind is incredible. Filthy creatures.

A full day and a half to get the sealant, putty, filler and paint off the door frame. It really didn't look that bad, but boy was it hard work. We have a guy coming over the weekend to clad both inside and out and make the porch all nice and secure again. Rosie will miss the open space at the side of it as she much prefers it to using the door. Like a giant dog flap at the moment.

The guy across from us has had quite a few viewings, but I'm guessing he's having the same problem you have Brenda - more sightseers than actual potential buyers. Next door hasn't gone up yet, but no doubt will soon.

Gary should have his vibrating fire alarm and flashing door bell fitted today so will be happy as he's done nothing but complain about it of late
Yes the mess is immense when we get them on the car park at work the rubbish behind is terrible but we never see the rubbish arrive The alarm should be a "ear" saver for you. How is he settling in well by the sounds of it.

My neighbour opposite is selling his Dad died same time as Mom so good 18 months and he is finding lots of footfall but no "offers worth considering" he thinks its sometimes simply another thing to do when social distancing. A hobby if you like.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2020, 03:29 PM
Yep I to cut and paste at times just incase. I am seriously looking for somewhere to rent and if it is further away then so be it if the price is right. Trouble is never really know if what I fancy will still be there when this sells. Ah well upside is I've had a great de-clutter.
Now thinking I might have to invest in a very very cheap mobile phone but haven't a clue how to go about it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >