Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Benjis' visit to the vets!

Well he has been to the vets and I explained to the vet how he was sick all yesterday until 10.30 last night and how there was blood in the last lot. He said that if it had come from the stomach that it would have been brown or black not red. He didn't seem too concerned though. He has given him an antibiotic injection and an anti-sickness injection I think he said (he is Spanish and a bit difficult to understand at times- hes very nice though) and three lots of tablets - Cimetidine tablets, Rilexine tablets and Prednisolone tablets that I have to start giving him tomorrow. He hasn't scratched since he came back though He had a job looking in his ears though because Benji kept jumping all round the table, he is very sensitive with his ears because they are sore all the time. Benji never had four legs on the table at any part of his check-up. He stands on two legs and rests the front of his body over my right arm, he always does this He had his anal glands expressed again and they were full so that might have been making him extra itchy and he was biting his bum a lot.

The vet thinks he would be better putting him under anaestetic and looking at his ears and pulling all the hair out. He has quoted about £65 for doing this although I'm not happy about putting him under anaestetic although he has reasured me that it is quite safe and that they use the best anaestetic It was only £26.91 for all the tablets, anal gland expressing, 2 injections, consultation and a drontal wormer - so didn't think that was too bad really because we were in there about 15 minutes.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Good to hear its nothing serious Foxy.
Dawn.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Hope hes feeling better soon Foxy.

Has he been treated for/ruled out ear mites?
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Glad he is feeling better Foxy, poor wee man he has been through it lately....
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Good to hear its nothing serious Foxy.
Dawn.

Thanks Dawn Although o/h tried to take him for his night time walkies about 20 minutes ago and the little monkey wouldn't go - he just put the brakes on and come and sat at my side If I had gone he would go but I couldn't because my 4 yr old is asleep on the settee and the other two are upstairs He does look a lot better though and is eating and drinking okay again.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Hope hes feeling better soon Foxy.

Has he been treated for/ruled out ear mites?

Hi Azz,

Yes he seems a lot better thankyou. The vets don't seem to think it is ear mites they all seem to think that it is allergy related. I have used otodex ear drops which are meant to treat ear mites but he still scratches them. I haven't seen him scratching yet since he came back again so whatever was in that injection has done him some good

Hows Rocky doing, is he feeling a bit better today or is he still groggy from the operation? Think it takes a few days to get over doesn't it. I was quoted £52 for the anaestetic to put Benji to sleep whilst his ears are cleaned - thats for a dog up to 15kg. I would hate to think how much it would cost for a dog as big as your Rocky
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Great news Foxy glad he is on the mend
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
Glad he is feeling better Foxy, poor wee man he has been through it lately....

Thanks Moli - yes he is snoozing at the side of me. The only thing is he is creating some very funny smells since he had that injection
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Saz
Great news Foxy glad he is on the mend

Thanks Saz
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2005, 09:45 PM
great news foxy you will sleep better tonight