View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
venus
Dogsey Junior

25-09-2005, 04:04 PM

stafford too small?

hi i was wondering for everyones advice.

my little piper is now nearly 10 months old, on the 1st october, and she is so small. she is compact but she is just small (height). i got her from a really good kennel as she was going to be our foundation bitch eventually, but i am a bit disappointed with her height. can anyone tell me if there is anything i can do to maybe get a little bit more height on her, i know its wishful thinking as its probably all down to genetics, but she is a lovely little girl, and another inch would of been really good.
any help would be great.
also whats the judges opinion on height. alot of people talk about over height in this breed, but i don't see alot about under height.
i have just measured her and she is nearly 13inches high. i have been told she won't grow much more so will this be her overall height?
thanks
venus x x
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 04:55 PM
The height standards are 14 /16 inches to withers.
I wouldn't worry too much she could still grow another inch.
I have seen small dogs and bitches in the ring that get placed, as long as she's in proportion, and also it depends on the judge they all have preferences on colour shape and size.
My bitch is 16" but very slight, sometimes she gets nothing other times she gets firsts, so like I say it all depends on the judge.

Mitch
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 05:09 PM
she can still grow a little most staffords dont stop until they are about 18 months
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 05:16 PM
At 10 months she may still grow a little and don't forget that as she matures she will put on muscle which could also add a tiny bit to her height.I would also speak to her breeders as she may come from a slow maturing line
I'm sure that she will be fine.
venus
Dogsey Junior

25-09-2005, 05:23 PM
okay

thanks

venus x x x
rockpig
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Hello Angela! Havent seen you around lately. Hope you and piper and taffy are ok : xx