Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
steverenard
New Member!
Male 

19-12-2016, 06:23 PM

New boy saying hi

Hi there. I just picked up my new Border Terrier pup, Max, last Sunday and we are gradually getting used to each other. 9 times out of 10 he lets me know when he needs to go to the loo, though inevitably there are times when there is a misunderstanding. He is eating well enough and stays in his crate without a fuss at bedtime or when I need to pop out.

My biggest challenge is tomorrow, which I'm dreading. He needs a worming pill, which my vet has shown me how to give him. It seemed easy when he showed me how, but I'm not convinced I'll find it that easy! He reckons it's important to get him used to taking pills, and I'm sure he's right, but I wish I could just put it in his food! Any words of advice would be more than welcome.

Steve
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2016, 06:59 PM
If you get the ones from Drontal they taste lovely and my girls think they are treats and can't wait to eat them
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by steverenard View Post
Hi there. I just picked up my new Border Terrier pup, Max, last Sunday and we are gradually getting used to each other. 9 times out of 10 he lets me know when he needs to go to the loo, though inevitably there are times when there is a misunderstanding. He is eating well enough and stays in his crate without a fuss at bedtime or when I need to pop out.

My biggest challenge is tomorrow, which I'm dreading. He needs a worming pill, which my vet has shown me how to give him. It seemed easy when he showed me how, but I'm not convinced I'll find it that easy! He reckons it's important to get him used to taking pills, and I'm sure he's right, but I wish I could just put it in his food! Any words of advice would be more than welcome.

Steve
Hello to you too!
We stick ours in a tasty treat. It's still a bit hit or miss.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Hi welcome Steve, I wrap Amber's drontal in cream cheese. She is quite cunning when it comes to Drontal. Good luck.

steverenard
New Member!
Male 

20-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I don't know what I was worrying about. I hid it inside a treat, which he wolfed down.