Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amykf3
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2015, 01:24 PM

Spikes in faeces.

I was clearing the garden of poo the other day (with bag on hand method) and I went to pick up one pile and something in it really pricked my finger. Just thought it may have been a dried bit of grass next to it so tried again and it pricked me again. I examined it closer and it looked like it had hedgehog quills or cactus spikes in it. We don't have any cacti and hedgehogs can't get in or out of the garden. In wondering if it may have been a cat ( as they come in into the garden) however if it was my dog, should she show any other signs that she may have eaten things like this? We haven't had any more poos like this.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Weird! I've found a thong in poop before but never anything spiky! Are u sure it wasn't hedgehog? It's surprising the gaps they can get through.
amykf3
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2015, 03:28 PM
It looked like poo and it wasn't enough to be an actual hedgehog. It couldn't be a decomposed one as the garden was 'de-mined' only the night before so we would have noticed something. I did wonder if it was an owl pellet. But there wasn't any fur or bones in it. Our dog is medium sized so her poos aren't that big (bigger than a cats though) but it was smaller than hers (although it was a bit squished so didn't have form) but in a spot that she frequents for her business.