Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jspence802
New Member!
Female 

16-06-2015, 01:46 AM

Tooth removed, bleeding two weeks later

Hi all,

Our rescue had a tooth removed the day before we adopted him, and was not allowed toys for two weeks. It has been two weeks and it looked to be generally healed do we have him a soft fluffy toy. He got super excited and whipped it back and forth as dogs do, and then I noticed a small amount of blood on it. Like a trace amount.

Will his wound heal up again as normal or should we take him to the vet? He isn't acting like anything is wrong and it isn't bleeding anymore, just the one spot on the toy. I'm worried it will become infected what should negative signs should I look for ?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2015, 05:05 AM
If the rescues vet did it then I would go back and ask, that way their vet can give advice with no cost to you. Unless you prefer to go to your own vet to save their funds. Without seeing how big a hole was left and what is there now difficult to say. Are you sure the blood came from that hole? Sometimes gums bleed when playing or gnawing hard items like bones etc. Try not to worry I am sure he will be OK.