Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloradelgado
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2015, 05:30 PM

Unexplainable lumps an abscess that come and go vet is stumped

have a one year old Yorkie male who has been suffering with a rare condition don't know what it is had bacteria test fungal test and cancer test all negative he gets these lumps under his skin that are really squishy and when they pop pus comes out in he gets them all over his sides back face and he becomes totally llethargic they come and go on the random like I said they were tested and negative for bacterial and fungal not cancerous I have pictures and sometimes he's fine but when he gets them he can barely move he's been quarantined inside my room strictly and has been on special diet special water and prednisone nothing is working..dont know what else to do. the vet said she's never seen anything like this and neither did the lab tester also he was on hypoallergenic food and purified water we've tried different antibiotics and keep him strictly inside away from any allergies grass or dust
eloradelgado
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2015, 05:31 PM
the lumps can range from size to a peanut to a walnut and like I said the bacteria the culture the fungal and the biopsy all came negative the lab said there is no bacteria in these pus-filled lumps which is totally strange to me
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Could it be bullous pemphigoid?
eloradelgado
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks ill good that now!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2015, 07:47 PM
http://www.vetstreet.com/care/steril...-dogs-and-cats

or perhaps this?
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2015, 07:47 AM
It sounds very similar to the sebaceous cysts my PON, Esau, gets, although at it's worse, he was only getting four or five at a time. I know Yorkies are particularly prone to them. The condition is largely genetic, but it can be made worse by allergies so you are doing the right thing with regards to his food.

Try this link
http://alexadry.hubpages.com/hub/Und...-Cysts-in-Dogs

You need to ensure your dog gets plenty/regular EFAs (essential fatty acids), and that you groom him frequently to encourage sebum to flow normally.

I use Viacutan oil, and it has definitely improved matters for Esau - although, remember skin conditions are slow to respond and sebaceous cysts are VERY slow! It was several weeks before Esau started to improve. He's needs more than the standard dose which took a while for us to understand, but after a year on Viacutan, he only has one cyst now and his allergic skin irritations have also calmed down dramatically.

You can get Viacutan online. It isn't cheap but it does help dogs with skin conditions/allergies- buy the pump, not capsules, it lasts longer. Your vet will be able to supply it, too.
You just squirt however-many pumps your dog needs (guidelines on the can) directly onto the dog's food.

I'm told coconut oil is also good for this problem, but I haven't tried it so can't say.

Best of luck, he sounds like such a brave little chap!
eloradelgado
New Member!
Female 

14-05-2015, 11:53 AM
thank you im going to look in that hat link. Very helpful!! updates soon!