Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 08:16 AM

Morning Daily Dogsey Thread (Friday)

Morning everyone, well we finally got snow here! Have taken Amber out in it she was not that impressed. Ankle fine this morning but promise not to overdo things.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe, dry and warm and above all well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Morning Moyra and those to follow. Pleased to hear your ankle is better today. Hope you all had a good nights sleep everyone. Dry and bright here. Haven't been out yet as ears still playing up so thought I would wait until it got a bit warmer. huh some chance of that. Anyway off to make a huge stew/casserole as tesco came yesterday with veg and meat. What are you all having today? Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow a few flakes here and there here today but not much at all.
J8 the slip road off to Stanstead airport northbound is shut and severe hold ups well at a stand still I think due to snow and ice. Hoping it clears before Gorden leaves London later today. I will check the updates and if necessary he will have to do the A10 all the way to and through Cambridge probably be heavier traffic than usual but as long as he doesn't get stranded it will have to do.

Fingers crossed here today that the switch I have is the right one for the boiler and that the hot water is back this afternoon then that we can clear the blockage in the pipes tomorrow.
Gill should have her workmen there now and hopefully she will have heat by lunchtime.

Hoping all poorlies are feeling better and nobody is snowed in.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Good morning all, hope you are all warm and safe.
Moyra, look after your ankle and please be careful walking on the snow and ice, we don't want anymore injuries
Morning Brenda, I think you have a long wait for it to get warmer You will have to put your hood up to keep your ear warm. Can you believe we are having a salad tonight. Don't ask...it is what hubby fancies!
Morning Lynn, I'm saying nothing other than fingers crossed Hope Gorden gets home safely tonight. If you were here you would be saying "what snow!"
Well nothing to do today, bet something turns up though!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Good morning busy people a beautiful morning cold and bright.
I am hoping to get some washing dry today, I am sick of having it hanging all over the house taking days to dry.

The snowdrops are putting on a lovely show in the wood so I can at least start to dream of spring.

Enjoy your day everyone
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Good morning

Morning Nippy, Brenda, Lynn and Moyra.

Don't hold out much chance of it warming up Brenda so hood up or ear muffs Enjoy your stew.

Pleased your ankle is better Moyra but take it easy and careful in the snow.

Hope Gill has heat by lunchtime and that you have hot water later today. Also hope Gordon has a fairly easy journey home tonight.

I will join you in a nothing to do day Nippy. Was going to clean some windows but I think the forecast is for more rain later so they can wait. Teazle has been walked, dry, sunny, cold and a little icy out. Pork chops and roast potatoes for lunch.

Stay safe and warm
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Fingers crossed Gill has heat and fingers crossed for you too Lynn
Moyra, glad you have promised not to overdo things!
Brenda, hope your ears are better soon
Nippy, i am sure you will get your share of snow at some point
Sue, good idea...leave the windows until another day
i am not going out today as my mum says the footpaths are really slippy...i am not risking it, the dogs can play in the house instead
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 09:53 AM
So thats one salad and one casserole/stew. I am told that a stew is done on top of the oven and a casserole is in the oven but I call them the same. June hope your car is ok now. I will have salad with Pizza tomorrow. Hubby has more pizza than me. So what else is everyone having?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2015, 10:12 AM
We've got snow here, not a lot though. Am going to see if I can get Mabs and Keshi on the river as it is Mabs 3rd birthday today so want some piccies of her. No idea what I'm having to eat later, got some lambs tails defrosted and will start them simmering to make bone soup, that will take a couple of days to get the meat off. Take care Moyra, Brenda can't you put a wooly hat on.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 10:22 AM
I have a hood attached to the coat. But as in all coats the hood is way to big and falls over my face. At least I don't frighten anyone with my face covered. lol. Anyway have a good walk and Happy Birthday Mabs. Off to stir the cassstew.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »