Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2014, 07:57 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Tuesday).

Morning everyone.
Hoping all aches and pains and poorly tummies and sore chests are feeling better today. Also poorly dogs are feeling better today too. I hope the swelling on Cariads face is going down June.

Well what a surprise Gorden checked the on line banking today and has been paid never happened last year but the Institute for Education has been taken over by the UCL think that's university of city of London and they have paid them a week early as its Christmas. Some good news for a change.
No news yet on mum as yet today so she will still be with us.

We are off to Sainsbury's in a bit for the last minute bits after feeding and walking Dillon. Might suggest we get breakfast out as a treat.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Morning all,

Lynn maybe as you say your mum will rally again. My friend got down to Bournemouth just in time to hold her mothers hand as she passed away. Now she has to wait until new year for the funeral but at least the old lady is now at peace.

June, do hope you and carried are feeling better this morning.

Nippy Jen, hope your blood tests went ok yesterday and you are less achy.

Everyone else hope you are either in fine fettle or improving if you are unwell.

Have a good day, stay safe, dry and warm and above all well, God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Morning each. Lynn hope sainsbugs isn't too busy. Enjoy your breakfast. Moyra did you try the hot water bottle. Hope you are feeling better today. Nippy jen hope you are feeling better today. June hope Cariad is better and your poorly tum. I too am off out for a Christmas lunch so hope it is cooked well.
Looks like it will rain soon. Have been for a short walk with Tyto but will take him agan before I go out. Have a good day everyone. ttfn
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Good morning

Hope both Moyra and Nippy Jen are feeling better today.

Enjoy the scrum round Sainsburys Lynn. Hope you mum had a peaceful night .

Hope your tum is better June and that Cariad's face is also.

Nothing planned today. Just housework and waiting for sister in law to arrive. Hope she doesn't expect a meal as when I spoke to her on Saturday she said she would let me know but haven't hear so assume not.

Out early with Teazle, dry but quite windy and not a soul about

Enjoy your meal out Brenda

Hope everyone has a good day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Morning all.
Today is my blood tests Moyra I probably said the wrong day
I have had an email from Amazon, they have refunded my "next day delivery" postage for my CD player because it took so long!! And....... remember my wonderful Christmas tree, with all the sparkly lights? Well all the red ones have packed up email of complaint sent and they are going to reimburse me the cost of the tree Happy bunny me!
Lynn, still thinking of you. Hope you get some good news today.
Morning Brenda
Morning Sue, hope you have a good day with your SiL. Jam sandwiches it is then
Brian and I are going out to lunch, we call it the firms Christmas do
Hope everyone else is well x
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Watching a really silly film called Mars need Mums. You can tell its keeping my attention. enjoy your Christmas outing.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Nippy Jen, Good luck with your blood tests and well done on getting your postage refunded from Amazon and so you should!

I have just taken a taxi down to Tesco and back, was only gone just over half an hour as I knew what I wanted and Amber was glad she didn't have the long wait she had yesterday and even more pleased I brought her back some chews, she is flat out now. My first lot of washing whites has just finished so must go and sort it out and put the coloureds in. Enjoy your day everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Wonder if your mum is going to prove everyone wrong Lynn, she's done it before!!! I thought most companies paid wages before Christmas, surprised to hear it has never happened to Gordon, only problem with that is that January lasts for 6 weeks, if I could possibly last without touching it, I did. Although with The Boiler Saga, thats not going to be possible I expect. I have my state pension paid weekly and my works pension paid monthly, so there's always something due within a couple of days that way. Enjoy your breakfast out, you deserve it. Nippy, lol at The Firms Christmas Lunch, great idea. The lunch with my friend (we worked at the same place for a good few years) yesterday wasn't good, but it seemed a good idea at the time. Hope the blood tests are OK and you are now not a bit sore or bruised after the fall. You're doing well with the refunding emails, keep it up Cariad is not quite as swollen this morning, she heaved her monstrous bulk out to show me, she will soon be vegetarian if she has any more veg to bulk her food out, and she is very Disappointed in Me, I can tell by the hurt look I got when she saw what breakfast was! Its for her Own Good I told her. Heavy rain her this morning, don't really need to go out for anything if I don't want to, so will crack on with the tree and decs today. Got to go for the turkey for son tomorrow, it will be manic. Had a Very Close Shave in Asda carpark yesterday. It was sheeting down, very dark as well, very busy. Came back to the car, and the car on my right had its lights on and engine running, sat and watched it for a while, because my instincts told me it was about to back out, nothing happened, so edged back very slowly, car coming up flashed me out (obviously wanted my space lol) and I was out and straightening up and the car next to me came out straight into me almost, which I knew they would do right from the start so was watching for that, and immediately pressed my horn and kept my hand on it and edged back a bit more, stupid thing is it was a tiny vauxhall and mines a massive 4x4 and it would have come off worse, now I'm wondering if that was the intention all along. I never gave it a chance to hit me, but it was a close one, and no acknowledgement or wave of apology either
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Afternoon all - finally managed to get over the road to the macolet - not been able to for a few days due to [1] the galloping trots, [2] a very woozy and wobbly head again, and [3] Rain with a capital R! When it rains here it Rains, and with no sun it means no hot water, which means no shower, and my hands are so sore from washing them in cold water. Looks like there is more on the way now although it was sunny earlier, hopefully enough sun for hot water so I can have a shower.

Was given the news that as from the end of next week we will not be getting any mail as Meri had another argument with the Post Office about her wages, so yet again has given in her notice. Last time she stomped off we had no mail for about a month - maybe longer. I think that the PO finally gave in as there were so many complaints about not getting any mail, so she is probably hoping for the same again this time.

Letters and general mail I do not care about, but the things I have ordered and are on their way will not arrive before she stomps off. Had I known before today I would not have put in more orders on Sunday. Think I am going to lose quite a lot of money over her tantrums as I will not get refunded for goods that are undeliverable. Actually I am more worried about Pereg's supplements not arriving as she needs them.

Hope all poorlies are feeling better and Cariad's swollen face is less swollen - and thinking of you and your mum Lynn (((hugs)))
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone
Rosie is 3 today so been and got her a couple of her favourite chews
TW that's not good with car park incident glad you weren't hurt
Lynn- good news that Gordon got paid before Christmas, I don't get paid till morning could have done with it beginning of this week, just so I could have got last bits done!
Keeping fingers crossed for the news on your mum (( hugs))
NJ enjoy your 'firms' Christmas lunch
Enjoy your day everyone
I'm off to get ready for work, Liam is home tonight
See you all later
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »