Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2014, 07:57 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily (Wednesday)

Morning all, well another dark and dismal day here, cold too.
There seems to be a lot to catch up on from last night so I will have to have a read through that in a minute.
I shall be waiting in for the gas man (again) today to fit THE piece to save our lives and our bank balance hopefully
See you later after my catch up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Morning Nippy Jen and everyone who follows.
It is absolutely chucking it down here too.
Fingers crossed the boiler will be fixed and safe today Nippy Jen.
Should be washing and tidying my car today as we are picking Michael and Margaret up on Saturday to go to a Christmas market. I was thinking of going to a supermarket and let someone else do it while I have a browse and a coffee but we don't seem to have the car wash teams here.
We have the type set up on old garage forecourts and if its raining I don't fancy waiting in the rain. Might do a car wash instead.
Other than that a bit of housework and catch up tv.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Good morning Friends, Managed to take Amber out in between showers so neither of us got too wet. Just damp.
Cannot believe how close we are to Christmas now. Just four weeks away.

Eileen did order the Hobbit Blue Ray video set for Steve for Christmas. He also wants a new dartboard and then in the January sales I have promised him some new Reebox.
I think he said he has actually got a job due for the 15th December, Allelujah it has been weeks now since he had any work. Hence why he has been fishing most days.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Lynn, I found that the local car wash in supermarkets are ok if you get Polish cleaners they are vigilant and do a good job but the other Asian cleaners do as little as they can for their money!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Morning all

I am flooded! Well, my shower/loo room is because we have and are having RAIN RAIN RAIN and the sewers are having hysterics so the overflow has come up through the shower drain in my shower/loo room, which is currently flooded with sandy muddy water.

I have put a load of old towels across the doorway in the hope that the water will not come through into the rest of the bungalow as it did 14 years ago - but the LA replaced all the sewer pipes after that so it should never happen again, but it has.

Problem was how to stop Da Booga getting in as of course there is no door to the shower/loo room, but I have blocked it with the plastic "gate" that I can block my bedroom off if necessary, propped against the wall either side of the doorway with large bottles of bleach!

Thank crunchie Nir finally managed to do something to the roof of the ensuite as so far that is not leaking, and at least I do have the loo in there, as this one is unusable at the moment because if flushed it will push more water up onto the floor from the shower drain.

Booger
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Moyra, keep an eye on "Black Friday" or even "Cyber Monday" you may be able to get him some of his presents then
I'm considering joining Quidco, see my post in chat. Apparently it's a real saving.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm considering joining Quidco, see my post in chat. Apparently it's a real saving.
'morning Jenny, Malka, Moyra, Lynn, and all who follow

Jenny I have no experience of Quidco but my instinct tells me that at the very least you can expect your personal details (e-mail, post code, etc.) to be passed to some or all of Quidco's associate firms and thus you will receive some (or lots) of unsolicited bumph mailings.

I may be wrong, happy to be wrong if they don't, personally very sceptical about dealing with firms on t'internet as I do not want a load of 'bumph' in my post box or my e-mail 'in box.

Hope the weather is better where you are, as Lynn said it is tipping it down in East Anglia right now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Weather no better here Harvey. Absolutely dreadful and dark too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Morning Harvey, as I say I'm only thinking about it so far.
My Sister in Law who is very astute, was telling me how much she has saved during the year.
Because I can't get around the shops much now, I do a lot of internet shopping and I think I might save/earn myself some money with this.
Not really bothered about spam or junk mail, I have a very large bin and good filters!
I do take as many precautions as I can.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Weather no better here Harvey. Absolutely dreadful and dark too.
Look on the bright side Lynn, you won't need to go out and wash the car
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »