Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 12:23 PM

Strange.. after 7 years dog has suddenly started burying her bones

Mollie is now almost 7, in the 7 years I have had her she has never buried a bone, that is until today..All 3 dogs get a marrow bone from the butchers now and then, they chew their own and are quite happy...For some reason Madam decided to bury her's, She showed me where it was, then dug it up and buried it again.. ..Anyone any idea why?, she has always lived within a multi dog household...

She has now dug it up, and is now lying chewing it
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

16-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Toffees just started recently doing the same M She`ll be 11 next mth always lived with other dogs. She`s always done it with her bones but now its the pigs trotters being buried & dug up next day
Burying bones is in the nature, saving them for a rain day but I think with Toffee shes not got as much energy to eat it so she buries it till she feels up to it. As its always taken her hours to eat one before anyway now it takes her a couple of days
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Hi Moli perhaps she was just not feeling hungry ..or couldn't be bothered.. but it was hers and she did not want anyone else to get it so she buried it until she was ready to eat it.