Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 06:06 AM

Dogsey daily thread - Saturday

Good morning all

Probably not a good one for you Elaine, I bet you've been up all night or even to the vets, and I'm so sorry to hear it's not just Winter that's come down with something but probably more by now. Sounds awful, I do hope it's just a 24 hour bug and they'll all be right as rain again soon. You must have had a terrible night therexxx

No leaks in our bathroom with the new rad up on the wall now, so today will be a put it all back together day for Dave and then we can close the door, it's finally all finished. We're now moving onto my little en-suite and the guys who did next door's bathroom are coming round to give us a price today cos she got it done so cheap, we might as well do the same and give poor Dave a break.

I'm off up to the van, but I shall go a bit later today and catch them when they're finishing off the 2nd van. I like to get in there once they've done and do my own finishing touches. If they saw me doing it, they'd probably find me a bit annoying, but I do like it "my way" lol!

I watched the 5 day forecast last night, no sign of any rain here again in this s e corner and yet it chucked it down be it for a short time overnight, I heard it, I wasn't dreaming, and yet the ground looks all dry again. At least everything's had a good watering.

Hope everyone else is good today, and Lynn I hope you got Gorden and dinner before 10pm last night and that he had a good journey home. Enjoy the week-end with him.

Have a lovely week-end all, let's hope no more dogs come down with this bug that might be going around too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 06:46 AM
Morning all.
Helena we have had your rain wow did it rain over night, and strong winds too. It's a bit quieter now thank goodness.

Poor old Pepsi is still skating around on the old parquet flooring she hates it, so I will be glad to get it all done.

Elaine, I miss what troubles you were having, so I'm off to look around but I hope you are alright.

Back later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Morning Helena. Glad the rad isn't leaking and fingers crossed for a good quote for the en-suite.

Elaine and June I hope Winter and Samson have turned a corner overnight and are beginning to be on the mend today and the other two GSD's I think June mentioned.
Hoping everyone else is well today and that Nigredo is better and not causing too many problems having to be on his strict exercise regime.

Dillon came up to bed with us at 10 last night yes Helena we got our dinner around 8 last night thankfully and he stayed upstairs till 11.45 so I let him out and he disappeared down the garden so I waited by the patio door to see if he would come back nearer the house to sleep if he didn't I was going to get him. Gave him a few minutes quietly called him and he was already on his way back walked straight past me into the house and slept downstairs till just gone 7. The first time since he has been unwell.
He then came up for a morning cuddle and is now downstairs pestering the life out of poor Gorden. So I think I can safely say he is on the mend.
We are off out to meet Michael and Margaret for a coffee this afternoon and they have a home grown cucumber, runner beans and blackberries for us.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Morning Nippy Jen have you got a rug to put down for Pepsi till the carpet goes down ? If not she needs ice skates or or some good boots with grips on.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Lol Lynn, hubby is threatening to patch the carpet back together because we cut it up. She walks around as if she is walking on hot coals
Elaine, I've caught up now I hope things have improved over night. Hugs to you all x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Maybe make a large patchwork rug out of it for now. We bought an off cut that sits nicely in the middle of the floor and leaves the edges with laminate Dillon manages really well. So should work for a temporary measure for Pepsi.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning

Elaine - how are things today?

Lore - your day sounds brilliant, I'm really glad you had a good time.

Helena - Is there anything your Dave cannot do? Very glad there are no leaks.

Nippy - no rain here and I didn't water my plants because they said it would.

Lynn - Glad you got your dinner earlier than you thought and Dillon is doing well. You can always tell, can't you, when they start the hassling.

We're off to take the bike to the dealer this morning, then it's the wait for the Yamaha but that won't be until around October. In the meantime he has a smaller runaround to use, which just needs a bit doing to it and an MOT.

Loki is sitting on my foot and panting at me so I guess it's time for a hike before we go to the dealers.

Have a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone, I think I owe you all an apology I did not see all the thread that was the cause of the trouble and believed Jackie to be intolerant for which I am deeply sorry. I do believe in forgiveness and it would need to be really bad before I could say I wouldn't forgive but I know you all well enough to know it must have been bad. Especially murdering poor Pereg what an awful thing to say. So please forgive me for thinking that you could have been more tolerant of her in her situation. Hopefully that is the end of the matter.

June, I am so glad to hear that Samson is responding but very concerned to hear of poor Winter and others going down with the sickness bug. Lets hope they are all better soon.

Helena, so pleased to hear about Zena's success at the vets, she really is a cracking looking dog. Glad Dave got your bathroom towel rail done and it is good that you are thinking of getting someone in to do your own shower room.

Have a good day everyone and do take care. God bless.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Morning all,

Busy morning for me. About to start ironing mine and Davie's kit as we have a dedication of a Seaforth Highlanders plaque to attend. It is for those lads from Ardross who died in the First World War who served with the Seaforths.

Anyway, after that, packing for next week and getting some deodorant. I ran out while we were away and I have none left!

Right, best get going.

See you all later on.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Morning Moyra - hugs, do not worry . For me, forgiveness is never withheld if the person is genuine. I was in a bad relationship once where "sorry" became devoid of any meaning after hearing it so many times with nothing changing.

Have a lovely day Moyra.

Have a good day Lore - my goodness you are always on the go. I'm sure the dedication will be really special.

Hugs for Samson June, I hope he had a good night.

Must go, Loki is licking my knee now!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »