Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
The GTB
New Member!
Male 

14-09-2005, 02:29 PM

Which One Did It ? Urinating indoors

Have had two westies for a couple of years now.

The problem we are having is that we keep finding wee on our hallway carpet, and we don't know who the culprit is.

We replaced the carpet earlier this year and it stopped for quite a while, but now the problem is back and worse than before.

I'm thinking of getting laminate flooring in a hope to stop this problem but realy don't want to.

Is there anything particular we can do to stop this if we replace the carpet again.

They both deny it's them !
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by The GTB
Have had two westies for a couple of years now.

The problem we are having is that we keep finding wee on our hallway carpet, and we don't know who the culprit is.

We replaced the carpet earlier this year and it stopped for quite a while, but now the problem is back and worse than before.

I'm thinking of getting laminate flooring in a hope to stop this problem but realy don't want to.

Is there anything particular we can do to stop this if we replace the carpet again.

They both deny it's them !
Sorry don't know what to suggest. What sex are your dogs I am having the same problem with our Bichon Frise - everytime I take my daughter to school and pick her up again, I put him in the kitchen with a dog gate in between the living room and the kitchen and the kitchen door open so he can see inside the living room and he wees and poos everytime I leave him (and he can't deny it because I only have one dog ) it really is so annoying that after being left for 30 minutes he does this especially after he has just been in the garden as well.

Could you not put your dogs in the kitchen with a dog gate so if they do wee its not on carpet (unless you have carpet in your kitchen) and would be easier to clean up
The GTB
New Member!
Male 

14-09-2005, 02:58 PM
We have a dog (Thunder) and a bitch (Lightning) and they are just over two years old.

When we are not there we put them in the kitchen with a baby gate seperating the kitchen and hallway.

When we are at home they can move freely about the house so it's impossible to keep an eye on what they are doing.

They never do it in front of us and appear to be toilet trained so we are at a loss as to why this is happening.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by The GTB
We have a dog (Thunder) and a bitch (Lightning) and they are just over two years old.

When we are not there we put them in the kitchen with a baby gate seperating the kitchen and hallway.

When we are at home they can move freely about the house so it's impossible to keep an eye on what they are doing.

They never do it in front of us and appear to be toilet trained so we are at a loss as to why this is happening.

That may be the problem then - having a dog and a bitch together. Is your dog castrated? Sometimes the male will mark his territory when there is a bitch around - my guess is that it is the male doing this. Has the bitch been spayed?

It might be that they are scared stiff of Mrs GTB - I have just seen her picture
The GTB
New Member!
Male 

14-09-2005, 05:13 PM
It might be that they are scared stiff of Mrs GTB - I have just seen her picture
Lol, Yes they were both done about 5 months ago.

Assuming that I don't find the culprit soon, have you any advice on what product to use when cleaning the carpet. (For stain & smell) We have a very good Bissel carpet washer but we can still smell it unfortunately.

We did try a spray for the carpet that is meant to deter the dogs from weeing there, but a) it didn't work and b) it smelt worse than the wee, it was disgusting.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Doesn't the dog not c**k his leg ? (usually means it would be against a wall/post etc). The bitch would be further away from the wall as she presumably squats.

As for cleaning, you need to use some biological washing powder as the enzymes in that should break down the urine.

Key
*=o
*=c
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:09 PM
I had this problem once, had a dog and bitch in the house, one was weeing on the landing carpet so while I was out I set up my video camera and had it angled on the area that was most frequented, found out it was the bitch

After that she was confined to the kitchen when we were out. I put some biological washing powder down, sprinkled it over the area then gently rubbed it in with a damp cloth. It took a few days to get rid of the smell but it worked. The only thing i can suggest is to go back to basic house training with both of them, letting them out every half hour etc when your there