View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2014, 06:23 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Easter Monday).

Morning everyone. Sun is shining here today. Maybe some gardening later but first it is some shopping to stock Gorden and Michael up for next week. Gorden is back to work tomorrow. At least it will be a short week.

Eileen I hope Lacey is better today.
I hope everyone else is well and doglets. (((Hugs))) for those that aren't.

Gorden I was having the same problem with photobucket a while back. Not sure if they have changed some things but posting pictures was an ordeal so I gave up for a while. Then it got the better of me and I fiddled about and discovered if you go into your library of pictures click on one to enlarge it and you can also use the arrows at the sides of the pictures to scroll backwards and forwards you will have the options for posting the link down the right hand side click on the bottom link IMG it should say copied when you do that then I do ctrl and v to post on here or elsewhere.

Have a nice Easter Monday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Morning Lynn and all

Beautiful warm sunny morning and I have just heard on the forecast it could be 20degrees today.

Unfortunately I have a very long day at work today so won't be able to enjoy it as I will be stuck inside.

Charly and Ash left here at 8.30 last night, I was sad to see them go as I didn't get to see much of them this visit. it will be a few weeks till they are back again.

My sons have taken their children to Longleat safari park for the bank holiday. They left early yesterday morning and will be back late tonight. I hope they all have a nice time.

Lynn I hope the weather stays nice for you today so you can do some more gardening.

Enjoy your day all
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 06:41 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Nice lie in here this morning and it's not raining....yet!

I too am off to the shops to stock Dave up for the next 4 days in his caravan. Been trying to sort out a problem with my puter, as the screen is slowly turning red - hope it's not terminal If it was a normal desktop I could just change the monitor and see if that worked, but it's the HP touchscreen, which is an all in one, bit like a laptop but upright, sits on the desk with all the gubbins inside it. Tried Googling, seems to be a hard drive problem, which probably means it is terminal I did learn something else though, you can degauss your screen to clear any static which might help but I can't seem to find where to do that on mine You can do this with a soldering gun held close up to the screen, but that sounds a tad drastic to me, and knowing me I'd probably make a big hole in it

Oh well, I shall just have to hope it just stays like it is or get somebody round who knows what they're doing. Talking of puter problems, I hope you can get around Photobucket Gordon cos I'd love to see some of your pics from Gordon Mansions.

There might be a bit more help in here on the Forum help section? It does go into great detail about PB on there, but sometimes PB has a mind of its own, and sometimes it gets broken and just doesn't want to play at all.

Enjoy your day there Lynn, I'm sure if you do end up in the garden, there will be offers of help from Dillon again, especially with the digging, lol, loved your pics but didn't have time to post up!

Hope Lacey is much better this morning Eileen, but as June says, she really needs a whole course of those ab's now, and good luck with her.

Hope everyone else is fine today along with the doglets, and I'll probably pop back later after my walk and shopping trip.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Morning Bev sorry you have to work long day especially if its going to hit 20 degrees.
What a shame you didn't see much of Charly and Ash this time around. Hopefully not long till the next visit.
Morning Helena yes I think its wise not too use a soldering iron next to your computer screen sounds a little drastic to me. I hope you can find another way to sort it.
Enjoy your walk.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Morning Lynn & Bev and all later comers.

I'm sat outside on the patio enjoying the birdsong while Mart sleeps in (Bella's gone to join him).

Think we are heading back to Makenzy some time today. One of Mart's favourite Tavernas on Mak Beach (well his favourite waitress really!) is having the egg fun stuff going on. We plan to take Bella but that will of course stop us sunbathing or swimming (old flat now too empty to leave her there for a while - I just don't have the heart to leave her in a huge room with just a sofa in it!) But I think it might be a good idea for Mart NOT to go swimming in the sea with his violent bout of conjunctivitis healing up nicely - sand, salt and all that?

We had a lovely night last night. Opting to stay home and sit outside and disturb what neighbours I do have here this week. Did the tavern for lunch and met a few people. But stuck to hors d'ourvres and silly cocktails and gin rummy and old time favourites on YouTube after that.

Discussing his marital situation is quite obviously OFF the menu. He said he does miss her but when talking about the 'good times' it's too easy to forget all the bad stuff! Fair enough. He was quite forthcoming about how he is dealing with his newly single state mind you. Best thing with Mart is to just let him talk and not ask ANY questions - he clams up on questions.

Lowlight of the day was me falling flat on my face as we left the Taverna after lunch! Duh! Fortunately I'd only been drinking cola so couldn't be blamed on alkofroll! Mart hoiked me up by the armpits and worse damage was grazed knee - sorted with chlorisept and savlon. I'd been looking in my bag for summat and didn't notice the pot hole/uneven road surface. Much hilarity (for him) from then until we went to bed with him threatening to 'tell Jenny' I'd fallen over if I didn't agree with him about EVERYTHING! The sod! He knows I don't want Jen to worry (she imagines I fall over all the time when here alone - since the bad fall in the UK on the ice). He just reached for his phone everytime we had a decision to make!

Told him the damage wouldn't have been as bad were it not for him being here as I wouldn't have been wearing a stupid nice dress and would have had my cut offs on protecting my knee more! So it's ALL HIS FAULT.

I think I will take Bella out while he catches up on sleep. We went to see the huge Shepherd yesterday and I was telling her about how much HUGER it is going to get and all that. She, however, seems convinced that it is going to be a real pussycat (must say it is a gentle giant but is only 4 months old right now). We will see.

Bella loves him - I have to lift her on the wall so she can rub heads with him and he is very gentle with her (could easily knock her off the wall with a nudge of his head!) She then proceeded to show off to him with her 'walking on the wall' and walked right to the end, turned right and continued on past his garden! Much as if to say - you can't get round here but I can! Little minx he was almost uprooting the hedge to get to her!

Here she is - she followed this wall right round to the pool enclosure then I clipped her back on and got her down!

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Morning Helena,

Make sure it's a gun not an iron! (Don't get Lacey to assist - she will use a nail gun).

Frankly - I wouldn't even TRY that. Esp. while you aren't sure what the prob is.

However, lots of tips and a YT vid here on the subject
http://www.wikihow.com/Degauss-a-Computer-Monitor

And I assume you've already been here (HP support)
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...en/td-p/228375

I'm ceremonially binning my HP printer soon. Damm refills just ludicrously expensive for it over here. And it's old and I want a wireless one!

I will be ceremonially binning my CD radio today too. Bluddy thing - you should have heard it last night. Stop start stop start. Of course I used to have a good one - a Sony but darling Moneth half inched that when she cleared out of the flat next to mine!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Morning Pat glad Mart's eye is healing nicely and yes beach but sensible would be good. I agree it might be upsetting to put Bella back in the old flat especially if its almost empty she seems too of settled so well into your new home would be a shame to upset and confuse her.
I shouldn't but it did make me smile about your fall from grace. Your sons sound like mine sense of humour wise. Mart also sounds like our Michael tell you in his own time and do not ask ze questions. Mark on the other hand open book it comes tumbling out ranting mind you but it comes out much healthier I believe but there you go horses for courses.
The growing of the big huge dog will be fun to watch and its personality it may well end up a big pussy cat for life lets hope so.
Enjoy your day sounds like another good one.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Morning everyone, feeling much brighter this morning and the sun has come out, washing machine on and just hoping that in between forecast showers it will dry out on the line.

I hope little Lacey is ok this morning and much better than she was, Good luck at the vets Eileen.

Everyone have a good day, stay safe and God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Morning all
I feel tad more human today, still not 100% though! I'm at work later! can't ring in were short staffed. Will see how I go, if not right I'll come home.
I hope Lacey feels better soon, poor little princess.
I've not caught up with everything but I hope everyone is well and having a good weekend
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Morning Moyra glad you are feeling brighter.
Morning Mandy sorry you are still not feeling well.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »