View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2014, 06:33 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Easter Sunday).

Morning everyone. Happy Easter.
Pouring with rain here. No gardening as planned unless it decides to move on later.

Haven't caught up with the d.ad thread off in a minute to have a read.
Hoping everyone is well and if not get well soon and that goes for poorly doglets too.

Enjoy your Easter Sunday.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Mooooooooooooooooooooorning all!!!

well nite nite actually, I am just off to beddy byes!! I have been working, at least I can do it of an evening when I have nothing else to do, and overtime, so extra $$.

Went to some friends for late afternoon early evening nibbles, etc... long drive for us though as they live about an hour away, and it was POURING.. still is!!

I have to go to bed now as I am off out walking with another friend in the morning and meeting at 9.30, so it will take me a bit to wake up

Happy Easter everyone, have a super duper day and maybe catch up on here later xxxxxx
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Oh and my poor neighbor who's dog had liver cancer had her PTS today, I felt so sorry for her as she also lost a close friend today to a stroke so she has had a terrible day! she was very accepting of Koko's illness and the last few weeks she has had a wonderful life with them.

RIP Koko and run free at the bridge xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone and night night DD

It's trying desperately to rain, but can also see the sun poking his head out here and there, so we shall see who wins, hopefully, it'll be the sunshine.

The van went well yesterday, not too bad in there, but still took me two hours cos they wanted to use all 3 rooms and I've never had to use that 3rd room yet, so I was lugging this mattress about wondering where to put it (6th bed which I didn't need lol) as the actual bed we put underneath the van all wrapped up. I decided to upend it and stick it against the wall in the room with just the one bed, and I'm sure they won't mind. This will be a one off, cos the rest of my guests can sleep together in the other twin room. Why am I typing this boring old rubbish LOL!

Went out to get fish and chips when I got home, and what a nightmare that was. Took me an hour, got stuck in nose to tail traffic along the seafront to get to my favourite fish and chip shop right on the beach, but gave up with that idea with the long queue to the car park. It was absolutely buzzing down there, so many visitors, this really is a very popular place, although where I live here you wouldn't know it was like that at all.

Our friends down the road had a terrible experience yesterday with an aggressive dog. I can't go into detail, but suffice to say, she got bitten trying to separate one of her gsd's from an aggressive bulldog type, and got her arm seriously bitten, 13 stitches and loads of ab's. You can't help your own instincts by going in when a fight ensues, but she really shouldn't have done that. Just glad I wasn't with them at the time cos Zena would have gone in too!

Haven't caught up at all on yesterday's, been too busy washing but that's all nice and dry now ready for the ironing this week.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets today and enjoy your Easter Sunday Dave bought eggs home he never does that, but when I asked him why, he said he got them free everytime he spent £50 with one of his suppliers, but that's alright
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

HAPPY EASTER to you all (who celebrate it that is ). I was up early with the dogs but we all went back to sleep which was more civilised When I was in garden with them at around 6.15 so many canoes went past. Its the Devices to London canoe race today.

I'm meeting one of my neighbours with her Lab 'Meg' to dog walk at 9. We want to be back before the Easter Egg hunt starts at 10.30 ....all the dog owners are just hoping that the kids do find all the eggs and not the dogs at a later time We are also going to another neighbour for a BBQ at 2.30 (very informal) but that may be a bit of a wash out, which will be such a shame.

It is still dry here at present but it won't last long

Sorry to hear about Koko and your neighbours friend. What an awful day for her Run free Koko.

Enjoy your day and see you later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Morning Lynn, DD and all who follow and HAPPY EASTER to you all.

Why is it on my one day I don't have to get up I am wide awake and up early. Bet tomorrow I won't want to get up.

Not raining here yet Lynn and I hope it holds off as washing machine is going and I have another load to do too including my work clothes for tomorrow.

I will be cooking a quorn roast today for Charly Ash and I before they have to head back to Surrey. What with my work, working at the show yesterday and the wedding they went too, I have barely seen them this visit.

Anyway have a good Easter all,

sweet dreams DD and so sorry to hear about your neighbours dog and friend. What an awful time for her. Run free KoKo.

Jenny in response to your question on last nights thread. I would love another greyhound, but because somedays I work 11 hours and I am here on my own so nobody else popping in and out it just wouldn't be fair to have another. Also I now have a social life at last that I am enjoying so would mean even more time a dog would be on its own or I would have to go back to staying in all the time.
I can get my greyhound fix by helping the homeless dogs find homes, working with them at the shows to raise awareness and raising funds and organizing walks. I feel I am more use to them that way and can help lots find hoes instead of just taking one.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Morning all. Only just got up. Mart is still fasto. But we didn't go to bed until wee small hours after the incendiary Easter celebs here started to tail off. I ain't kidding - after 4pm. Obviously in the villages they don't even pretend to observe the midnight firework cutoff!

Hoping more than anything Mart's eyes look a lot better this morning. We are booked into the Taverna for lunch. After that we were going to doss around here and the pool.

They forecast rain all day yesterday and that's what we got right up until after midnight. Today it is back to glorious sunshine and clear skies but a tad breezy. Luckily the garden is quite sheltered in the corner here and with wall all around it.

Not to be outdone in the mundane stakes by Helena would like to add that I stupidly didn't bring the washing in (was round the corner out of sight) and going by the layer of white ash on everything out here - I will have to put it thro the w/m again.

I've got a little tale about a mattress too but don't want to use all my domesticated stuff up at once!

I am hoping Bella will now not really go so potty when hearing bangs - last night should have been a good aversion therapy session for her. She just gave up worrying in the end it seemed. AND asked to go out for a wee BEFORE they stopped altogether. And didn't BOLT when they restarted. And even spent the last hour of it tucked in beside Mart's legs on a sofa. Usually disappears under some 'home made bomb shelter' she's chosen.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Helena we cross posted. Lots of free eggs ..... they'll taste even better then
I was shocked to hear about your friend with the GSDs her arm sounds really nasty Lets hope that bulldog type is off the streets now as that is one dog you won't want to bump in to Your confusion over the mattress did make me laugh I bet Lord Gord will find that very interesting ... that is if he knows what a mattress is as his servants probably deal with them . Enjoy your day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Hi Pat now you've snuck in too Everything crossed that Martin's eyes are a lot better when he eventually opens them, so you can both toddle off to that lovely taverna for lunch.

Sounds like Bella did really well with the noise last night

Bev Yes you are right it would be difficult getting another grey with the long hours you work .... maybe one day but in the mean time your fund raising for your local shelter and being able to give those dogs a walk or cuddle will have to do. You do a fab job with all that. Enjoy our roast and I hope Charly and Ash have better journey home than they did going to you.

Enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Night night Debbie sorry to hear your friends double tragedy.
Fingers crossed you wake up to n ice weather as it seems the rain has come to east Anglia.
Morning Helena so sorry to hear about your friend hope the dog is ok and her arm recovers quickly and that the person in charge of the dog is being dealt with. Take care yourself and Zena out there.
Can't say as I blame you on giving up with the fish and chips last night. Nice that the visiting crowds do not affect you in any other way.
Enjoy the Easter egg.
Morning Jenny hope the party finished at a reasonable time and didn't keep you awake too long. Fingers crossed the weather turns nice for the bbq.
Morning Bev a shame you haven't seen much of Charly and Ash but make the most of today and enjoy your roast.

Eileen I hope OH is feeling better today must be a worry for you.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »