Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 05:46 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread- Monday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Yes, it's come around again, but it'll be a short week for all of you working with Easter being next week-end. Up with the lark again with Dave milling around from 5 am, and I think he actually went off well before 6 today, so we just got up, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Had a great week-end, although a busy one on Saturday, I managed to get Dave involved with a bit of garden tidying up yesterday. I've got 3 mahoosive bamboos in pots next to the garage which reach right up to the front terrace, and one of them kept falling off the raised bed, during the storms, the pot got broken on one occasion and the new pot I bought wasn't big enough, so it kind of just sat on the top of it lol, and consequently it almost died. He dragged it off the raised bed for me and I chopped it about with the spade so that it would fit into the pot, tidied it all up a bit, watered it and it's now back in place and fingers crossed, it should recover.

I've got a follow up appointment with the vet at 9.30, and I shall do a weigh in with Zena cos she's looking fab now with the weight loss, I reckon she's lost 4 kgs, but we'll see. Then I've got the dentist, nothing traumatic, just the plastic works again with my new chrome partials, can't wait, cos they felt fab when she installed them last time for the bite test, and I hope they've done a good job cost they're costing me a fortune, but I'm worth it They'll last the rest of my lifetime too, unless I eat too much crackling.

I'd better get my skates on, off up along the top again this morning, and I know it's a faff having to drive up there when I have a wonderful walk just over the road, it's not quite as hilly, and those views really do set me up for the day, plus I get to meet a few people I've got to know up there along with Zena saying hello to a few friends.

Hope nobody is suffering with this virus anymore, I notice lots of people coughing and spluttering around here atm, so I'm trying to avoid them, although we had a visitor Saturday night who couldn't stop coughing but said he's getting over it I hope he didn't leave it behind for us when he left

Anyhoo, enjoy your day everyone and I'll probably see you around lunchtime
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Morning H and all,

Beautiful unbroken blue skies out there again this morning. Unfortunatly I have a long day at work though so won't be able to enjoy it at all today. But I have just seen the forecast and it looks like we have this all week.

The next two weeks won't be shorter for me sadly H as the cafe is open as normal because we are very busy bank holidays, so I will be working Friday and next Monday as normal, and one of the drawbacks of being a small family independent business is that we only get normal pay and no time off in Lieu for doing it. I could take it off but then I wouldn't get paid so in turn couldn't pay my rent. So no choice really.
Still I mustn't grumble as I don't have to work weekends they are always mine.

Have a lovely walk H. and good luck with the vet and dentist.
Hope everyone else is getting this beautiful weather now, because it certainly makes you feel good.

Have a good day all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Morning Helena and Bev.

Fingers crossed for the bamboo H. Your marriage sounds like a more successful one than all 3 of mine combined as I NEVER ever managed to get any of my past victims to help out with anything in the gardens!

Bev I wish you could fly over and inject me with some of your very down to earth and sensible attitude towards work right now. I've found it very difficult indeed to settle to doing any since the move began. I am using any excuse not to. Supposed to be making a big effort this week as I don't want to work when Martin is here over Easter. But I just cannot summon up the enthusiasm. Only me that suffers (financially) I should really remind my boss to send more through as I have just the next couple of days - but don't feel like doing even that! Hey ho I am supposed to be SEMI retired!

Very important day today - my DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY! 26 yrs and 9 months ago I made one of the best decisions of my life. To have another baby (after an 11 yr gap). Never regretted that for one second since. Couldn't wish for a better daughter. Love her so much. Here we are - back home safe from Maternity Hosp. She's about 6hrs old here and I am 39.

I've put it on Bookface too of course to embarrass her. Still got the same hobby after 30 odd years - embarrassing my kids!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Happy Birthday to your daughter Pat. Lovely photo of you both.
Oh Pat if I could find my multimillionaire on his death bed and marry him quick. You would see how quickly I wouldn't be working either. I would give up work in a flash and become a lady of leisure, or just work a few hours a week for fun.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Happy Birthday to your daughter Pat. Lovely photo of you both.
Oh Pat if I could find my multimillionaire on his death bed and marry him quick. You would see how quickly I wouldn't be working either. I would give up work in a flash and become a lady of leisure, or just work a few hours a week for fun.
Well I'm not even looking for one Bev! I'm not in the least attracted to hairy backed Greeks lol!

So, when you find yours, could you please ensure you have a home big enough to accommodate me and the Ayatollah and then I can come over there and move in and assist you with all the DOGS we will be able to have as we won't have to worry about the expense or leaving them while we work!

I could do just a few hours a week now - but it still wouldn't be FUN lol! On my scale of fun work ranks just above being in labour! The only thing I can say in favour of it is it does force you to have some 'structure' to your days - just as owning a dog forces me to get OUT at least once a day and get the old lungs filling up with air and the legs moving in a forwardly direction for an hour or so!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Morning Helena, Bev and Pat.
Have a lovely walk today Helena and glad you had a good weekend.
Morning Bev bey you can't wait for Wednesday.
Morning Pat. Lovely photo.

Not sure what we are up too today gardening maybe.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Thats a lovely photo tang! I think i might be crippled for life.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Morning
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mrs Pats beautiful JEN xxxx.
EMMA,I was gonna say yesterday,you'll hurt tomorrow but didn't like to spoil the mood.They reckon its good to go for ( wait for it ) a nice jog helps,apparently Bless and again Well Done to you(( hugs))
Will catch up on the rest later,its Monday that means the house is a tip Day
Have fun you guys,see u later
Except of course LORD GORDON doubt you'll be seeing him
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

We too have a clear blue sky and sunshine .

Nothing much planned here today other than buy some wrapping paper and a card for my eldest son who will be 28 tomorrow Pat doesn't the time go quickly .... Happy Birthday to Jen .... gorgeous photo of you both My son would kill me if I even wrote something about him on BF let alone post a photo .... so I'll have to do the same as you just to remind him that I'm still Mum

Helena Good luck at the vets today and I hope you had a wonderful scenic walk up the top ..... lucky devil
Madmare Hopefully this week will go really quickly having had a wonderful weekend ...... and that a very wealthy decrepit elderly gent wanders into the cafe and asks for your hand in marriage. I did say gent 'cos you want someone who won't take advantage of you for the few days he has left
Lynn Enjoy your day with Gorden now at home. It must be lovely to have someone to share the walks with and just to have a good chat.
Emmis Bless you ..... I don't suppose you are planning the next one yet There will be thousands and thousands of people feeling like you today ..... I'm sure it'll take a few days .... weeks?? to feel OK again. Are you on a high 'cos you've done it or a bit of low because it's suddenly all done and dusted?

Off to walk the dogs. See you all later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Morning all,
Happy Birthday to your Jen, Tang, what a lovely photo x
Tidying this morning then hopefully a couple hours doing nothing before work. Going to clean all the nose art of my front windows before the sun goes there. no doubt it will soon be back on them again

Have a great day all and enjoy the sunshine
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »