Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Pereg has just had another seizure

She was flonked beside my chair, dozing, and was hit by a violent Grand Mal seizure. It is Day 27 so it was expected but I know that it will mean another one later today. Poor Pereg, poor bubbie.

I hate this epilepsy so much.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Poor thing. So sorry, Malka. You know what to do and what to expect and you have a vet on hand that is the same way. Perhaps you can take some comfort in that? I know it must get very tiring to deal with this all the time
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2014, 07:16 AM
It is the Sabbath so will only call my Vet in an emergency. Just got to try to cope myself now.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 07:18 AM
I see. You'll do just fine. I know it for sure. How is Pereg now?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 07:29 AM
I hope Pereg is calmer now and you both have a quiet day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2014, 07:45 AM
The Valium seems to have kicked in but only after the usual post-ictal gimmee food performance and half a drawer of frozen chicken backs, and she is now zonked on the couch but after 20mg Valium I would expect it.

It just takes her longer and longer after she has partially come out of the seizure and she is conscious and breathing but still paddling, although slowly and not so violently, before she is able to get up.

Not sure how long her current rest will last and if she goes true to previous form there will be another GM later today.

All I know is that if those bdooly young boys who deliberately taunt her every Shabbat morning around 11am and then again later in the afternoon start again, I will not be responsible for my actions. My door is closed but that will not stop them - they will either stand outside whistling for her or they will rush down, bang on my door and run away again.

And she needs to rest.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Take it easy, Malka. I know it can be HARD to resist annoying people, but don't put yourself in harms way.

Relax and I'm sure Pereg will be fine. Close the door and they will go away eventually if they come to bother you. Hope you have a relaxing day
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Myyra, these are not "annoying people" they are 10-13 year old boys who have just started up again, even though my door is closed.

Standing outside whistling and going woof woof woof.

And Pereg is now going frantic again and I cannot give her any more Valium for a few hours yet.

And you think she will be OK?

She is just trying to recover from a major Grand Mal seizure and you think she will be OK just because my door is closed?

I would not wish epilepsy on anyone, but honestly Myra, you really do not have the slightest idea what it is like, so please cut out the "relax" and you are sure Pereg will be OK, because she will not.

She is epileptic and is desperately trying to recover from a major Grand Mal seizure, with probably another one or two to come.

Relax? With an epileptic dog?

Words fail me.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2014, 08:59 AM
I am not sure what to say to help and think that perhaps myra was also struggling to think what to say but trying to offer support. As she is in america so was on line when most of us weren't.

I hope that the boys give up and leave you alone but from your post it doens't look like they will.
I don't know what else to say as I don't want to upset you just wanted to say I was thinking of you and pereg.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Sally - only someone who has an epileptic dog can understand so I know that Myra only meant good.

But Pereg is now up again and staggering about the place, not knowing where she is and totally unresponsive to me because she probably cannot see or hear - the Valium only having worked temporarily.

I say unresponsive but when I talk to her she seems to listens and wags her tail, but then staggers and falls again. And it is not the Valium causing that, it is the result of her seizure. The Valium is just to try to help her body relax so she can somehow fully come out of the seizure.

I guess I am lucky in that we were up and she did not have the seizure on my bed as usual, so just the floor to clean where she lost bladder control.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »