Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2014, 02:54 PM

Poor Banana

has Cystitis

For a couple of days now when she has gone for a wee she would start to squat then change her mind, she has done this before when she has seen something interesting

I knew we had a real problem when she wouldn't do her final night time wee on Wed night, so off to the Vet we went yesterday and sure enough she has a problem, we caught it nice and early though so she doesn't seem to have been in pain (until the vet palpitated her bladder poor baby) so now as well as the Propalin and the Medrone and the Glucosamine and the Vaicutan she now has some antibiotics
lennydoglover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Oh bless her, poor thing. Hope she gets better soon x
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Get well (( hugs)) on the way...poor girl
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Aw poor thing ..... its the last thing she needed . Hopefully as you've caught it nice and early she'll bounce back very quickly. Nasty vet for palpitating her bladder
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Poor little girlie, lots of cuddles from us all here, hope she is herself very soon.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Poor soul - most of us have experienced how horrible it is, but the fact that you have acted fast should mean that she is out of discomfort very soon.

Big cuddles for her.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Poor Banana - but well done you for spotting it early and getting her antibiotics. Hope she will be well again very soon xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I hope Imana is better soon
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Ahh, poor girly. Hope she is better soon. My cat sometimes gets this... and same thing with your dog. She'll squat to wee and then adjust her position etc. and take a LONG time to finish.

With cats it's harder to tell because you don't usually SEE them going to the potty, but she will start peeing other places besides the litter box (they associate the box with their discomfort and seek other places hoping it will make them feel better).

Sadly, hers is Feline Idiopathic Cystitis and she gets a flare up a few times a year (though less these last few years). She's about 7 years old now and this started at about 3 or 4. We have tried all foods and everything, and nothing keeps them away 100%

Increasing moisture in the diet (less kibble) and feeding Turkey, Rabbit, Venison rather than Chicken, Beef, Seafood is helpful with her. We add a very small amount of salt to her food sometimes, which makes her drink a LOT more. The salt is only a tiny bit... but makes them drink a lot more, which is helpful.

They also say since stress can cause this... using de-stressing agents such as Rescue Remedy (or Feliway for cats), as well as taking it easy on useless vaccinations.

I recall you saying you feed raw I think? Oh, well.

Hope your girl is okay!

Just a note... not all cystitis is caused by bacteria, like the kind my cat has. So hopefully your vet did a full urinalysis before giving her any A/B's. They won't hurt her, but won't really help if the underlying problem isn't a bacteria. We had this issue and were wondering why the problem wasn't clearing up.

Thought I'd write all this in case it helps anything or anybody
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 06:25 AM
Poor Imana - having your bladder palpated is uncomfortable at the best of times but is really painful when cystitis occurs.

Lots of get-well-soon {{{vibes}}} for the gorgeous girl. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >