View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 05:07 PM

Because she is now such a good passenger ...

I've given her a nice big plump cushion for her front seat! She liked it so much she sat down straight away - gave her paws a little wash and then lay down for the whole journey back!

I can't get over this CHANGE in Bella in the car (can you tell!) (isn't even going so NUTSO when we pull up at destination now either!

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh nice cushion
That's brilliant,wee Bella is being so good Makes the journey so much more enjoyable I bet Happy Driving!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I think she just gave up on it as she is in the car so much lately! Surrendered herself to her fate!

I noticed pussy paw prints all over the huge glass top patio table there today so the cats I've seen DO visit - just not when I'm there so far.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Lovely cushion and she will enjoy the comfort of lying on it!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Lovely cushion and she will enjoy the comfort of lying on it!!
Oh yes, she had a little wash as soon as she got on it but then ... she tried to claw my left hand over to wash that too (she is obsessed with licking my hands!) Unfortunately I don't drive an automatic and I need it some of the time for changing gear!

Here she is sunbathing at the new place out on the patio today. She really is settling in quite well there now. Doesn't even follow me out to the car as I go back and forth unpacking it.

She's been like Goldilocks - trying out ALL the seats and cushions everywhere!

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Awwwww Bella is loving the cushion and isn't she doing well now about the travelling.
She looks very happy and settled in the new place that will be a weight off your mind when you move in proper.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Awwwwww, she's loving her new sunbathing spot there on that comfy bed, and I'm glad she seems to have settled so well on the constant journeys you must be making to'ing and fro'ing (cos I know you only too well, and you're not quite there yet with being Mrs Organised are ya!)

Zena does the licking of the hand when I'm driving, but that's my fault cos she stands up behind me between the front seats, so I have to put my hand back so she can give it a quick wash, then she settles happily, sitting down staring out of the back window. I'm sure Bella will be the same, once she can give it a quick once over, she'll be back to cleaning her own paws.

She's such a little sweetheart, she really is
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Awwwww Bella is loving the cushion and isn't she doing well now about the travelling.
She looks very happy and settled in the new place that will be a weight off your mind when you move in proper.
Yes Lynn. And we always have a half hour or so just lying on a sofa by the open door. Just chillin'.

I'm just so happy that she doesn't dash to the front door when I open it or go in and out of it if it is left open (get a great breeze through the place with front door being opposite the patio doors).

Here whenever I open the door she is THERE. And I could never leave it open as she would wander about out there from flat to flat. Because she can 'hear people'.

She's actually spending more time OUTSIDE sunbathing at the new place too than she does here. I think she might like the idea that she can be out there but still easily see or hear me just inside. She didn't even follow me round the bedrooms when I was investigating the under bed storage and stuff.

Mind you I've reinstated the home made gate again. After her little tour round the tennis court! Anyway I want her to venture out round the corner and explore our garden more - not just the patio. I guess if I take some squeaky toys round there and start chucking them around she will follow.

Right now, with so much unpacking to do - I'm happy that she is happy to just soak up the sun. Definitely a case of 'let sleeping dogs lie' while I get it all moved in.

The strangest thing is that back here - she is sticking very close to me at all times? Yet we've been here a year. She's by my feet right now and will come and sit on sofa with me in a bit and then follow me to bed when she realises I've gone.

She is making me laugh over at Pyla though. Wherever I put the plush blanket she opts to sit on the other sofa! And I only put the blanket because it is familiar for her! Dogs! Huh!

Looking forward to maybe being able to play some little jump the hurdle games with her round on the long grass side garden once we are in.

(She still hasn't peed or pooed on her new garden even once yet!) Probably thinks it's a green carpet!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Great photos Pat. Isn't it fantastic that Bella has suddenly realised that driving is no longer a stressful thing. Watch you seat though, she be taking over the driving soon