Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 11:34 AM

Molliepops

Had some very bad news today, Mollie's latest test results came back and she has cancer at a cellular level, likely around many of her organs. She has lost more weight but seems happy in herself having 5 liquidised meals a day. She will be on liquid meals now for rest of her life and we have to keep her warm and rested, and really just keep her comfortable.

Prognosis is not good even if we opted for surgery there is no cure all they can do is say exactly where the tumours are so we have opted for no radical treatments as at her age nearly 13 and with no cure available it seems unfair to put her through a surgery if it won't actually cure her.

Possibly 2 months he says but if she becomes distressed or looses too much more weight it could be sooner.

Very very sad time for us now as she has been light of our lives and acted as an assistance dog to me on many occasions, even learned to help me make a bed when she knew I was struggling !

Not sure what we will do without her ....
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry it's bad news Julie but try to enjoy what time you have left with her. Given the prognosis I wouldn't opt for surgery either.
Hugs to you all x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 01:35 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news about your Mollie Just be thankful that you have had so many happy years with her, you're so lucky that she's lived to her grand old age, and now you can repay her for the joy she has given you over those years and spoil her as much as you can.

Although it doesn't seem like it, you are one of the lucky ones really, knowing you have this extra special time to take care of her before she has to leave, so many of our furry friends are snatched without a moment's notice, so take a bit of comfort from your sad news.

I had to go through this with one of my dogs, she was only 10, it hit me like a ton of bricks when I got the bad news, but just like you, I was told to take her home until I knew she was ready, but that wasn't long enough, but then it's never long enough is it.

My heart goes out to you, but I know you will do the very best for her, and I hope you might have many more months with her yet.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 03:00 PM
so sorry to hear about Mollie's diagnosis.. There's nothing I can say really except that I hope you have a lovely rest of the time together until it's time for her to go..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2014, 04:15 PM
So very sorry to hear this news Julie - all I can do is pray for your beloved girlie and send you all my love.. xxx
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
So sorry - my heart goes out to you.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Heartbreaking news Julie,so sorry
Poor wee Mollie (( hugs))
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 06:36 PM
I am so so sorry. You must be in bits, but do try to enjoy every moment that you have left with Mollie, even though it is so difficult when you know that the time is coming.

My heart goes out to you.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 08:51 PM
So very sorry, my heart goes out to you. Enjoy the time you have left with her and spoil her.
Take care xxx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2014, 09:42 PM
So very sad to hear this - you must be devastated.
I totally understand your decision to refuse the surgery option for Mollie, and hope you have some sweet restful time with her before you have to say goodbye.
Loads of gentle hugs to you and Mollie from me and Roxy xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >