Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 07:22 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Sunday)

Morning all,

I hope the sick bay has emptied this morning as there were far too many in there yesterday

It is still dark here but we do have a clear sky and a very thick frost and it was decidedly chilly standing in our garden in my jim-jams After I've taken the dogs for a good walk I'll be going off to visit my Mum (dogs included) as due to the flooding I couldn't visit her on Boxing Day.

To all those who are still in the sick bay or injured, get well soon and to everyone else ..... have a great day.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Jenny.
Not sure what the weather is doing here. I was in the bathroom Gorden got up to let Dillon out and when I came out to get my slippers and dressing gown to get up he had brought me a cuppa and my glasses and my chromebook and I am now in bed typing.
Michael is in good spirits and walked straight in the door with a big hug for me and a lovely bouquet of flowers as he hadn't done any Christmas shopping and for my hand also.
He was in and out of the fridge eating the left overs from Boxing day and made himself right at home.
He loves the cottage and is hoping the butcher will be open before he returns to London so he can stock his girlfriends fridge up with some goodies and some for the boat too.
I think he will be heading back to London for New Year.
But we have seen him and am more relaxed now he told Gorden he slept most of Christmas.
Hand a little easier today still looking like something out of a horror movie. It is definitely looking worse than it feels.
Safe journey to your mums Jenny.

I hope everyone who was in pain or unwell yesterday are feeling better today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning Jenny and everyone. We haven't got any frost but it is clear and chilly here. Hope you find your Mum well.
Lynn, how is your hand is it any better? I'm pleased you have seen Michael and that he is well. Typical lad eating you out of house and home!
Today we are going to have the stew I made yesterday
Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Morning Jenny it has some lovely blisters is feeling a bit tight
but no pain thank goodness just annoying that I am limited as to what I can do. So I would say its getting better compared to how it was Friday when I did it.
How the coccyx ?
Enjoy your stew.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Morning

Mmm stew, what a lovely idea for a cold day like today.

Safe journey to your mum Jenny.

We have frost today so it should be a lovely walk with Loki. He was a right pain yesterday, whining and demanding most of the day. I wonder if it was the turkey remains ...?

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Lynn I hope you have a lovely day and your hand continues to heal ...... the 'tight' skin sounds a little worrying though? You have Gorden well trained ..... I need some tips Great news that you son is happier and not surprisingly loves your cottage
Nippy I hope your backside is easing ... I broke my coccyx in a riding accident many years ago and I know just how painful it can be. Enjoy your stew ... I presume its the turkey stew you cooked yesterday. Enjoy your day.

Off to walk the dogs and then off to Mums .... running a little late as I decided to wash my hair.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Good morning all, hope everyone is well.

I couldn't get on here yesterday as it was an awful day - my son who fell last week (the ankle picture I sent) well when he fell his legs had gone dead and he couldn't use them and it now transpires that this has happened another couple of times lately. On Boxing Day he drove to his brothers in Norfolk (where I now am) for a six day visit, on Friday morning his legs were dead and wouldn't work when he got up, this then eased off and he had a normal day.

He went to bed on Friday and woke his girlfriend at 3am as his leg had slid off the bed and he couldn't get it back in, had no ability to move it. They then went back to sleep (!!!!) and he woke at 6:45 and couldn't use his legs at all, he shuffled on his bum to the toilet but had no arm strength to get on it and was lay helplessly half in the toilet and half on the landing.
His girlfriend woke my other son and his wife and they phoned an ambulance. They came and had to strap him and slide him down the stairs and then lie him on this inflatable thing to lift him.
I then got a phone call and drove down, when I saw him he had no use of his legs , couldn't lift them but could wiggle his toes - stayed all day and he had ECG's and they did blood tests but lost the bloods so did more in the evening. At about 4:30 pm he got the use of his legs back and after about 1/2 hour could stand, now prior to this he couldn't do anything, couldn't even turn onto his side in the bed and when we turned him he just fell back as he couldn't hold the position.

I've spoke to him this morning, he's waiting for the doctor to visit but at the moment nobody has a clue what it is, or if they do they haven't told us - his legs are still fine today but I'm really scared as to what is up and also that they might send him home as they are now ok and that it will then happen again.
Sorry for the long post but if anyone has heard of anything like this before it would be good to know.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Morning everyone,

I hope you are all in fine fettle today. Very cold out there and the frost was quite thick first thing think it is beginning to thin now the sun has come out.

Lyn, glad your hand is improving slowly and that Michael seems fine.

Jenny, hope you find your mum ok today when you take the dogs to see her.

Nippy Jen, isn't it today your weather is supposed to be bad. I hope not for your sakes. I think we have all had enough now.

LS, Sometimes our dogs sense something outside that we cannot hear or feel but they do and it makes them restless. I hope there is nothing wrong with Loki.

Have a good day girls and take care of yourself. Hope Helen and Dave and Lore are feeling a bit better today. God bless all.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Morning all

Cath, my goodness, that sounds horrifying. I'm afraid it's not something I've come across but I'm sure some of our Dogsey friends may know what it might be. I can only hope the hospital are able to work out what is going on and that your son recovers soon xx.

Lynn, look after that hand of yours. Just be careful.

Jenny, hope the cocyx is feeling better.

I'm feeling ruddy horrible today, the vague sore throat yesterday really went for it overnight, woken up with sore and swollen glands and aching all over, even coughing hurts so a day of not doing much except feeling sorry for myself today methinks. Well...apart from being battered by Iona who doesn't care that I'm ill and I can just play whether I like it or not! Mad pup. We have found her bone and a hard ball she can play with and she is chewing at the side of me just now quite happily.

The rest of today, well I think I'm going to study today. I am way too far behind and really need to catch up. So a day of being in bed and studying (if I can get peace to do it).

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
Good morning all, hope everyone is well.

I couldn't get on here yesterday as it was an awful day - my son who fell last week (the ankle picture I sent) well when he fell his legs had gone dead and he couldn't use them and it now transpires that this has happened another couple of times lately. On Boxing Day he drove to his brothers in Norfolk (where I now am) for a six day visit, on Friday morning his legs were dead and wouldn't work when he got up, this then eased off and he had a normal day.

He went to bed on Friday and woke his girlfriend at 3am as his leg had slid off the bed and he couldn't get it back in, had no ability to move it. They then went back to sleep (!!!!) and he woke at 6:45 and couldn't use his legs at all, he shuffled on his bum to the toilet but had no arm strength to get on it and was lay helplessly half in the toilet and half on the landing.
His girlfriend woke my other son and his wife and they phoned an ambulance. They came and had to strap him and slide him down the stairs and then lie him on this inflatable thing to lift him.
I then got a phone call and drove down, when I saw him he had no use of his legs , couldn't lift them but could wiggle his toes - stayed all day and he had ECG's and they did blood tests but lost the bloods so did more in the evening. At about 4:30 pm he got the use of his legs back and after about 1/2 hour could stand, now prior to this he couldn't do anything, couldn't even turn onto his side in the bed and when we turned him he just fell back as he couldn't hold the position.

I've spoke to him this morning, he's waiting for the doctor to visit but at the moment nobody has a clue what it is, or if they do they haven't told us - his legs are still fine today but I'm really scared as to what is up and also that they might send him home as they are now ok and that it will then happen again.
Sorry for the long post but if anyone has heard of anything like this before it would be good to know.

Never heard of anything like that however I would say I wish him all the best. Sounds scary and worrying.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »