Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2013, 06:09 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread [Friday]

A very good morning to one and all on this first normal [?] day after Christmas, when all the wrapping paper should have been picked up and - well, whatever you do with it, and the remains of that turkey - if you had one - is looking balefully at you!

I really should have gone back to bed but Da Booga thought it might be a good idea to get up and go out - which she did but she is now azonk on the couch and I am too wide awake to think about another hour or two lie-in.

Now I will have my coffee and ketchup and wish you all a very good Friday!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Malka and all

No turkey in our household!

The dogs loved their venison and blueberry on Christmas day and the salmon and raspberry boxing day was a hit too.

It's very windy out there today, hoping it will die down. It's my cousins birthday today so will visit him on my way to work this afternoon.

Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning Malka, Moetmum and all,

No turkey here either. Ash and I joined Charly and had a vegetarian christmas meal both days. I did boil some bacon in case we wanted it but we havn't. So when we go to my sons for tea this afternoon I will take some to put on the table for everyone.

Sometime between 8 and 1 this morning the BT man will be out to set us up with broadband fibre optic so hopefully we will have a better broadband than with Talk Talk which has been nothing but trouble. Talk Talk are still saying they are going to charge me for 9 months of the contract for leaving them and refusing to give compensation for my loss of phone and broadband which totalled a week. They said if I cancel my direct debit before they have taken the money I will get a further large charge. So feel a bit stuck as to what to do.

Winds have been really strong here again overnight and I am just waiting for it to get light so I can see what damage I have this time.

Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning Malka , Gerry and Bev.
Up and having a cuppa before everyone comes down. I promised a fry up to send then on their with later.
Very windy here and Dillon has been sick. Apart from that ok.
I hope your cousin has a good birthday Gerry.
Enjoy your afternoon out Bev and as for talk talk I would be inclined to remind them what a rubbish service they give and chant Watchdog at them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Morning Malka,Gerry,Bev, Lynn and everyone

I don't have normal days Malka, but there's no wrapping paper here and definitely no turkey

You've had some exotic meals there over Christmas Gerry, or was that just the dog's dinner there?

Sounds like you're having a nightmare with that Talk Talk, same as my neighbour, and they actually took over £100 from her account and she STILL never got her broadband with them for weeks! She decided to go with Sky and they said they will sort Talk Talk out for her so maybe BT will give you some help there?

Sorry to hear Dillon has been sick, hope he's going to be ok today, and maybe that was the reason he got fidgety yesterday? That's how I know when Zena's feeling a bit iffy when she gets all fidgety around the house. Hope he's ok Lynn. Is Gordon going back today then? Hope Michael's been doing ok over Christmas and maybe he's popping up for the week-end.

Bit of a howler overnight, but nothing like we had the other day thank the Lord. Lots of rain, I feel so sorry for all the people flooded out, I'm sure it must have got worse for them now. Jenny, was thinking about you when that rain was lashing at my windows, hope it's no worse up there than it was which was bad enough of course.

Dave's doing the bathroom today and I'm going to sort out my website ready for the onslought of bookings in January (I hope!). I need to do a page of availabilities for each van to make it easier for people to see, along with the prices, so looks like I'll be stuck on the puter all morning.

I don't know where to walk Zena this morning. The woods could be pretty dangerous with this wind, and if I go up the top I could get blown away, down the beach even along the top path will be horrendous, so I'm going to have to think about this one. If it's chucking it down, I won't bother until later on.

Enjoy your day everyone, I'll pop back in later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Happy Birthday to your cousin Gerry - and Bev I hope BT do not keep you hanging around. Lynn - sorry to hear Dillon was sick - do you think he maybe scoffed a few too many treats?

I am hanging my head in shame because Da Booga did ask to go out during the night but I was honestly too zonked to get up and let her out so she left a poo for me on the doormat, but she has been fairly good the last few days though so I have nothing to complain about, have I. Well, not as far as she is concerned.

On the subject of a fry-up Lynn - I had a weird dream that someone was cooking one for me and I kept asking what things were and whoever was doing the cooking kept telling me what things were and I still did not know what they were.

Then she tipped it all onto a large plate and was most insulted that I refused to even try it because it was covered with ants.

Such a strange dream...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Morning Helena. Might be wise to sum up the weather before venturing out with Zena.
Malka well I hope my fry up for the family isn't covered in ants.
As for Pereg you have to give them slack sometimes don't you. Like you say she has been good but then she rarely is naughty is she.

Not sure about Dillon he has eaten some breakfast but not all of it. He gets fidgety if people come round he gets so over excited he doesn't know what to do with himself. He gets naughty and barky and won't stop barking its a high pitched bark. I feel its not normal I've had excited dogs before and none have acted this way they did their over the top greeting then went and laid down .
Dillon doesn't his eyes get like saucers. He had to be put in the conservatory on and off all day shutting him out once or twice didn't make him realise if I misbehave this is what happens if I behave I can be with the family.
He finally flaked out around 7pm through exhaustion I think and then had a lovely time people were fussing him and he laid by mine and Tracey's feet.
I do give him a herbal calming pill but they didn't touch him I think I will have to make an appointment to see our new vet and see if he will need something stronger for his sake and mine when we have visitors.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning all, am sat typing this with Marco lay all over me and very comfortable he is too

The wind here is very strong this morning, the tree in the house behind us is swaying all over the place.

After the tribe left yesterday it was so quiet (apart from Ste changing the locks so they couldn't come back ) and Marco just collapsed in his bed as did Ste and I on the sofa.

We went to his brothers last night and had a lovely night, had an Indian takeaway with them and hubby's aunty and uncle, I went through 1 1/2 bottles of red wine and then became sensible and moved on to lemonade - brownie points there I think.

No plans for today, just relaxing and enjoying the peace and then we are going to a party tonight.

Hope everyone had a good day, and all stay safe in the bad weather.

Lynn I hope Dillon is feeling better today and the sickness has passed.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Morning Lynn and H

I can see now its light that I have lost another 13ft of fencing between me and the field. The wind has been coming across the field so the fence has taken the brunt of it. Oh well we still have electric so thats something, unlike some poor others that I have been hearing about on the news who havn't had any since christmas. So I should be pleased its only been my fence and shed roof.

Lynn I hope Dillon is not sick anymore. It may just be all the excitement of having people there. Do you remember how over the top Shady used to get?

H, take care on your walk today.

Sounds like my cheeky Lyla is in the litter tray so I had better go empty that. I can't bear poo in litter trays so always have to empty it as soon as she gets out
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Lynn - I do not know what calming pills you give to Dillon - I have various types of herbal calming pills for Pereg when she is antsy but then of course she has a reason to be like that because, after all, she does have those horrid crossed wires in her brain. And I dare not take the risk of her going OTT so as and when necessary I give her Valium. With, of course, full agreement of Ram.

Dillon sounds, to me, like a teenager who has yet to grow up, and possibly he is more difficult for you because your Ollie was never like that, being so sick but you did not know? I really do not know anything about large breed dogs as my only experience was my little Griffons way back then, and now first with Little One and now Da Booga.

And Pereg can be a right Booga at times, and even though I know she has gained weight again, she is still only maximum 19kg [hopefully less] - but when she is diabolical oh boy is she diabolical, so how you manage to cope with Dillon I do not know.

I also, of course, have to realise that Pereg has not been able to go out to get rid of any energy for over half a year now. I think any dog would be totally stir crazy by now.

I hope you have heard from Michael and that he is OK.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »