Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 07:14 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Friday)

Good morning all and I hope any poorly people or dogs are feeling much better today and all are in high spirits.

Much better night sleep for me last night and the dogs obliged by sleeping really well and not waking until about 6.45 I'm off to visit my Mum today with the dogs which I don't usually do on a Friday due to the motorway traffic, but needs must this week.

June I do hope you managed some sleep last night with your houseful of babies

See you all later and have a good day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

It's a cold one, and the heating didn't come on cos I had turned the stat right down yesterday and forget to change it.

Dave had a nightmare journey home last night cos the police had stopped a car near Lewes, 5 shots were fired, traffic all built up and it was of course rush hour anyway, so instead of 7pm he finally got home at 8.45! Thankfully, he wasn't anywhere near the police vehicles and firearms though.

A muddy walk in the woods first and it'll be nice to have a good catchup of Dave's week at work. Then I've got to pop up to the van quickly to put in the flowers and milk for my guest arriving today, then on to the dreaded hairdressers for that colour. There are a few questions I'm going to fire at her first before I let her loose too! If last week's tint on my grey roots is now turning yellow, then to me, red and yellow makes blue Definitely the last time in this place, but desperate calls for desperate measures and once I've got my colour back all over I can then move on to the new one for a cut. I'm going to change my name when I book this time

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, and enjoy your day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Helena, I only opened the thread as you asked if someone could do it last night ...... but here you are Good luck with the colouring this morning
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2013, 07:46 AM

The angry face is because I have the Dire Rear again but apart Da Booga hadda good night only wanting out once so I cannot blame her for me needing up! However the good news is that my BP is nicely down now!

Helena - red and yellow makes orange, not blue

Jenny - how is Flash this morning?

June - looking forward to more puppy piccies today

Pat - fingers crossed that your arm is still pain-free this morning.

Lorraine - I hope that cold goes away pdq.

Oh 'eck - neighbour coming down the path - wonder what she wants now. Better go find out.

Have a good day everyone!

Oops - just seen that I answered Helena's OP and seen that yours, Jenny, is now above it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Good 'eavens 2 thread starters so early too!

Good to see you both and everyone who follows.
A day in doors I think it is so wet. See you all later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Morning all,

H, glad Dave got home safe. Hopefully your hairdresser behaves and does a decent colour for you.

Jenny, glad you had a decent night.

TW Hope you managed to get some sleep.

Me, not much sleep for me, kept waking up either cause my throat was sore, or I couldn't breathe, and at one point some dog was barking, I actually thought it was Dougal so got up to check him but he was snoring happily so I have no idea who it was. So no work for me today, going to stay in bed and get rid of the blooming thing.

I am going to try to be a bit more productive though, going to try to get to my TMA today, at least put a plan in place so I can get going on an intro for it.

Brian has come home and has got me some fruit juice to try to get some vitamins into me, and he's downstairs at the moment.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning ladies!

*Helena
I think you will find that RED and YELLOW make ORANGE, not BLUE! Blue is a primary colour, just like red and yellow, you don't mix two others together to make it. (Although when Jen was a teenager she once had purple streaks and they looked 'blue' to me!)

I used to walk in the woods above the river Lemon when I lived in Newton Abbot. All on my own with my Cavvie. Isolated and lovely but in places you had to clamber and it was all up and down, not flat. After a stumble one day it occurred to me it was pretty stupid wandering round woods on my own as, if anything happened, like I broke an ankle or whatever - I could be there for ages before anyone found me (and I didn't have the sort of dog that would 'go fetch the sheriff') and that even if I knew 'roughly' where I was and able to phone someone - I'd have a job pinpointing it exactly and they were big woods.

So, leaving aside any question of bogeymen, I think you should be careful as you (like me) seem to have a predeliction for falling over!

The one time I got into a bit of trouble on woolly wild Dartmoor there was no signal for my mobile anyway! Same thing happened here when my car broke down up on Troodos mountain. Even extreme weather conditions like flash flood or heavy hail and storm can knock out your mobile when you are not in a remote location. That's my lecture for the day for you over!

Jenny
Hope your 'mum visit' goes smoothly and you don't meet any adverse traffic conditions. I woke quite early so didn't get much sleep. But the good news is MY ARM STILL DOESN'T HURT AT ALL! I was scared to go to sleep last night, worried that I'd wake up and it would be back hurting again. Kept putting my pillows just right and fidgetting about!

I've just got back from walking Bella. It's slightly cooler here today and slightly overcast/misty too with a breeze. Still got quite hot walking.

Well I am off to check the puppy thread - doesn't look as if Lynn will be on today (she's usually an early bird when she does appear). Really am wondering if she is all OK now as it's been so long. She must realise we are all wondering and worrying a bit!

Blimey loads more posts while I typed that! Hello to you all. I am glad I decided not to start the thread before I went out - that would have really confused you!

Sorry you are still feeling rough Lore. You should really consider at least one day complete rest. Works wonders you know! (Well I doubt you do know as I doubt you've ever tried it!)
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Morning ladies!

*Helena
I think you will find that RED and YELLOW make ORANGE, not BLUE! Blue is a primary colour, just like red and yellow, you don't mix two others together to make it. (Although when Jen was a teenager she once had purple streaks and they looked 'blue' to me!)

I used to walk in the woods above the river Lemon when I lived in Newton Abbot. All on my own with my Cavvie. Isolated and lovely but in places you had to clamber and it was all up and down, not flat. After a stumble one day it occurred to me it was pretty stupid wandering round woods on my own as, if anything happened, like I broke an ankle or whatever - I could be there for ages before anyone found me (and I didn't have the sort of dog that would 'go fetch the sheriff') and that even if I knew 'roughly' where I was and able to phone someone - I'd have a job pinpointing it exactly and they were big woods.

So, leaving aside any question of bogeymen, I think you should be careful as you (like me) seem to have a predeliction for falling over!

The one time I got into a bit of trouble on woolly wild Dartmoor there was no signal for my mobile anyway! Same thing happened here when my car broke down up on Troodos mountain. Even extreme weather conditions like flash flood or heavy hail and storm can knock out your mobile when you are not in a remote location. That's my lecture for the day for you over!

Jenny
Hope your 'mum visit' goes smoothly and you don't meet any adverse traffic conditions. I woke quite early so didn't get much sleep. But the good news is MY ARM STILL DOESN'T HURT AT ALL! I was scared to go to sleep last night, worried that I'd wake up and it would be back hurting again. Kept putting my pillows just right and fidgetting about!

I've just got back from walking Bella. It's slightly cooler here today and slightly overcast/misty too with a breeze. Still got quite hot walking.

Well I am off to check the puppy thread - doesn't look as if Lynn will be on today (she's usually an early bird when she does appear). Really am wondering if she is all OK now as it's been so long. She must realise we are all wondering and worrying a bit!

Blimey loads more posts while I typed that! Hello to you all. I am glad I decided not to start the thread before I went out - that would have really confused you!

Sorry you are still feeling rough Lore. You should really consider at least one day complete rest. Works wonders you know! (Well I doubt you do know as I doubt you've ever tried it!)
Don't worry, that is my intention today for the most part. At least not planning on going anywhere.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Morning all finally Bella convinced herself the fireworks were none exsistent and came out for a drink of water and then asked to go outside and had a wee, came back in and curled up on the sofa that was 1.00am ish.

Finishing the glossing in the WC today and maybe try to get my hair cut too in fact I will. Decided against the vet visit for medication have decided we will weather the fireworks with a clear head. I could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire possibly.

Tang glad you arm is still good.
Helena - your life experiences seem to have passed on to Dave (he can't get home now without an event)
Jenny Hope your visit goes well.
Nippy - It is wet here too and supposed to be the first frost tomorrow.
Lore - Hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Kazz that's great progress you've made there with your Bella from the first night when she was so upset. I mean you don't know what her experiences of previous firework nights were - they might have been horrendous. Seems to me she is learning very quickly that she can trust you and is safe with you.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »