Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 06:58 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Had to think what day it was there, but then I have only just got up, and it takes a while to come round when you've slept like a log doesn't it.

Missing you Lynn, hope you'll manage to get yourself hooked up soon, cos we're getting desperate to know all about the new house along with the move.

Must get out early with Zena, so not much to say this morning (makes for a pleasant change doesn't it ) as I have a hair appt for my roots at 9 am down the town.

Hope you're all ok along with the doglets and I'll catch up later.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Morning H and all

It's been a while since I have been on here so no clue as to the latest.

We survived the storm with just a few branches down, Rufus was on guard when we had the gusts, he was peering out of the window, it was pitch black of course, daft dog!

I am now back in the house (reluctantly) and just about ready to wintertime the caravan.

I had a week of no internet which I think was down to provider as it came back as suddenly as it went. I have sorted out the range extender so can now get a signal in my bedroom, I have so missed that.

I hope everyone has a good day, I will have to try to catch up with the news.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

No frost here .... which is such a shame as those harvest mites will still be lurking in the grass . Rucksack asked to go out at 5.15 which didn't please me .... but needs must.
Not much on today other than housework and dog walking.

Helena - Good luck with the colour and I hope you crazy hairdresser is on good form Hopefully your walk will be uneventful this morning and therefore more enjoyable for you both.

I agree I do hope Lynn hurries back.

See you all later.

** Hi Moet, nice to see you back and glad you all remained safe during those winds. ***
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Morning H and all,
Still no heating or hot water here. I am so desperate for a shower, but another cold wash it will be. That will wake me up Temp gauge in my house is registering 10*celcius,
No fridge freezer either for the foreseeable future (I am going to contact insurance company today to see if I can claim for lost food as beko won't pay) and now I have hurt my back and can't stand upright. Still need to find someone to sort my shed roof too before we have more rain and everything gets wet through.
Do you know though in my last house these problems would have seemed 10 times bigger than they do here. How a nice location and pleasant place can make problems easier to cope with.

Anyway on a brighter note the sun is shining so hoping it soon comes through my living room window and warms up the room a little.

Hope Lynn will soon be back with us. If we don't hear from her by lunchtime I will give her a text and see how things are going.

Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Morning everyone, waiting for my hospital car to pick me up to take me to the eye clinic. I have to have a hospital car as I cannot drive because of the drops they put in my eyes. Lets hope both my appointments go well. Have a good day all and Lynn yes hurry back! Catch up with you all later in the day. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Helena and everyone.
Cold bright morning here and the washing is on
Good to see you back Gerry
Bev I think the way Beko are treating you is atrocious I hope you can get some compensation soon from someone.
Good luck at the hospital Moyra those drops are horrible I know I have had them. Really makes you appreciate your eyesight.
Hi Jenny it's ok I didn't forget you
Have a good day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Bev - what a nightmare. It may be worth buying a hot water bottle if you haven't got one already as that will at least bring some comfort in bed tonight for your back, if the electric isn't back on by then ..... fingers crossed. Any news from Lynn would be good if you get a chance to text her. I'll watch this space
Moyra - Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too long for your return transport.
Nippy - Aw fanks ... I wouldn't forget you either

Beautifully sunny here so I'm hoping for a nice dog walk
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Morning Helena[morning all!
It's not sleeping like a log that has you wondering what day it is - it's old age making you befuddled (I hover pointer over the clock on the menu bar - that brings up the day of the week too!)
Good luck with the hairdresser - I wonder you've got any left for him to play with you go so often!

moetmum
nice to see you and glad you and your caravan survived the weather with minimal damage.

Jenny
Oh those dratted harvest mites wish there was something they could safely administer that would make dogs 'immune' to the effect of them.

madmare
You poor thing. Good luck with the insurance company (they are right up there with banks high on my sh*tlist as 'licensed and legalised crooks' though.

And yes, I've said before - THANK HEAVENS you are not still in the old house you hated so much when any of these recent disasters befell you. It's just a shame they are 'taking the shine off' your enjoyment of the place right now.

Can't wait to hear from Lynn about how it's all going in her new place.

I returned rather out of puff from this morning's walk. First of all (having a Helena 'moment') I was getting a bit hot and bothered and puzzled where all the SHADE had gone. Took a while for it to dawn on me it was actually an hour later than recently now! Then, halfway down the field path I thought I spotted my good pal Despina walking towards the shops on the other side of the waterway. No way to catch her without going right to the end because nowhere to cross it. So I put a real spurt on, going further than I usually do to enable us to cross over and waited outside the shop to surprise her and walk back with her. Well it turned out to be someone just roughly the same size and shape as her! Duh! So I decided to go in and buy some Fruit Mentos and eat the lot on the way home.

We walked back with someone we know with a sweet little pekingese type dog who has just taken on another pup. Her new pup was barking fit to burst and straining at her lead. The girl was quite upset saying 'she just doesn't like strange dogs'. I told her it looked to me as if it was just 'frightened' and that shouting or pulling and pointing at her would probably only make her worse and to try just ignoring it. Bella was doing a circumventing kind of thing as if to say 'I'm only going to say hello to my mate not you!' She was going to take another route to get her away from Bella (who is so good about ignoring other barking dogs and was off lead and keeping a decent distance) and that it would probably be a good idea to walk with us as it didn't upset me or Bella. And lo and behold after about five minutes her new pup stopped barking and lunging!

I tried to make her feel better by telling her NO DOG barked more than Bella when she was a puppy! Not sure she believed me though as it is hard for me to believe the difference in her since then.

I think I might have overdone the 'good girl Bella' stuff because once we parted ways with the others she GLUED herself to my side and pranced along gazing up at me for some more praise lol! She is funny and she does make me laugh. Then we got into the lift and her dogsitting blokes were in it - so we did the whole 'go bananas here's my beloved Roger who didn't let me sit on any furniture or beds' performance. Roger said to me 'did we make her crazy'?

Err, no Roger - she has always been crazy for people she likes, but I have to say there can be no better recommendation for you as a dog sitter can there? Told him I've renamed her Traitor Dog muttering how she didn't go that 'crazy' when she saw me on my return (which he knows coz he returned her to me!)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning fellow members it was really chilly on our morning walk and Chlor has returned to bed. The early sun has gone already and rain is on the way.

I am waiting for my bread to rise, the heating is not on yet so I fear it will be a slow process.

Enjoy your day everyone

Welcome back Gerry
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2013, 09:24 AM

Was up from maybe 4am then tried to have a bit more sleep after Da Booga's early meds but it is bucketing down and she is very antsy and I do not feel very good.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »