Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
davidhind
New Member!
Male 

11-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Europa dog food, your thoughts please

Hi i am new on here, just wondering does anybody use Europa dog food and is it any good
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 03:08 PM
That's a new one on me, is it an own brand food?
davidhind
New Member!
Male 

11-10-2013, 03:33 PM
no its a new brand supposed to be quite good but just wondering if anyone uses it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Hello David, I have never heard of it but had a quick look and would give it a miss.
There are far better foods on the market like Eden/Simpsons/Orijen to name just three.

This is the content of Europa lamb and rice..

Lamb Meal (26%), Rice (26%), Barley, Oats, Brewers Yeast, Poultry Fat, Sugar Beet Pulp, Lamb Digest, Minerals, Vitamins, (Verm - X®), Yucca Schidigera Extract
I don't want to see either of those unnecessary ingredients highlighted in red in any food I feed and am not that happy with some of the others.

This is the chicken and rice, note the first ingredient..
Maize, White Rice (30%), Poultry Meal (21%), Poultry Fat, Sugar Beet Pulp (4.5%), Brewers Yeast, Linseed, Seaweed, Chicken Hydrolysate, Minerals, Vitamins, Yucca Schidigera Extract (0.02%)
No thank you, maize is just a filler and I would say another unnecessary ingredient in dog food .

David what are you feeding at the moment?
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Just had a look, by the ingredient list and for the price there are better comparable foods out there. If you where to say out of 10, 10 being super duper this would be about a 5..

That's purely on what is in it, I have no opinion on whether a dog may or may not like it
Meg
Supervisor

11-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Just had a look, by the ingredient list and for the price there are better comparable foods out there. If you where to say out of 10, 10 being super duper this would be about a 5..

That's purely on what is in it, I have no opinion on whether a dog may or may not like it :-)
Neither have I Sarah but for me that is a minor consideration because my dog would eat anything given the chance including chopped up old boot I am pretty certain of that
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Ditto to what Mini has said. I personally wouldn't feed my dog Europa.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
It's definitely not new and I know the company that makes it as they're local to me.

Tried it, before I switched to 100% raw, I found it made my dog's coat a bit scurfy.

There are worse foods and there are better foods.
davidhind
New Member!
Male 

12-10-2013, 07:44 AM
i am feeding simpsons 80/20 will stick to that or maybe give orijen a try, eden thats a new one on me, is it better than simpsons
Meg
Supervisor

12-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by davidhind View Post
i am feeding simpsons 80/20 will stick to that or maybe give orijen a try, eden thats a new one on me, is it better than simpsons
Hi David Eden, it is similar in content to Simpsons and Orijen and produces very small poos
Eden
Ingredients: Chicken, 19%, Chicken 17% (from Dried Chicken), Salmon, 16%,
Herring 14% (from Dried Herring), Potato 10%, Sweet Potato 5%, Chicken Fat 5%, Duck 4% (from Dried Duck), Whole Egg 3% (from Dried Egg), Chicken Gravy 2%, White Fish 2%, Lucerne, Pea Fibre, Mineral & Vitamins, Carrot, Spinach, Apple, Joint Support Pack (Glucosamine (355mg/Kg), MSM (355mg/Kg) & Chondroitin (250mg/Kg)), Rosehips, Camomile, Burdock Root, Aniseed & Fenugreek, Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Seaweed, Cranberry and Prebiotic FO
Simpsons

Deboned Chicken(27%), Dried Chicken(16%), Deboned Salmon(13%), Sweet Potato, Potato, Dried White Fish(7%), Dried Salmon(5%), Dried Turkey(4%), Chicken Fat(2%), Chicken Gravy(2%), Dried Whole Egg(2%), Deboned White Fish(2%), Pea Fibre, Lucerne, Minerals, Vitamins, Dried Apple, Dried Carrot, Spinach, Dried Seaweed, Dried Cranberry, Prebiotic FOS, Aniseed, Fenugreek, Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin, Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Sage.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >