Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-09-2005, 08:22 AM

things just can't get any worse

I had an awful day on Saturday. We are puppy proofing the house and garden for the arrival of our new addition in three weeks time, and it is surprising me how much rubbish is collected over the years, anyway wehad some garden rubbish to take to the tip, Just about ot leave the tip and we drove over something that ripped our tyre to shreds and it went down like a popped balloon. The spare didn't look up to much so we went to the tyre place around the corner, explained what had happened and they quoted £38 for a new tyre. The chap took the tyre off and sid that the discs were metal to metal and needed replacing ASAP and he could do it for £200, to which I replied I can't afford that, ok was the reply I'll do it for 180 by then I was thinking that we had arranged to go and see the puppy and would fee unsafe driving, so I said alright do it. Anyway to cut a long story when he had don the job I handed over my card to pay and the silly machine wouldn't tak the card so we had to go and look for a cash point, but when he discovered that the machine wouldn't take the card he really kicked off, shouting, swearing threatening and being really abusive, now I don't normally let little pathetic individuals get to me, and when i got home I was very upset. My OH said you should have told me and I would have had a go at him But my OH is not that sort of man, More like a wet sock in these sort of situations. Do you think I ought to go to the council about the tyre and see if I can get them to pay me for it as it was council property where it got shredded.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 09:07 AM
you could try but i wouldnt hold my breath...but big hugs (((((((((())))))))) for having a cra*py day!!!!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 09:09 AM
sarah sorry to hear had a bad time with the mechanic
yes you could try asking the council if they will either pay the bill or help towards it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
personally the guy fixing the tyre sounds like a conman if he was being abusive etc I would report him first of all. Do contact the council as we actually recently got a punctured tyre and damaged suspension from a pot hole in the road and spoke to the council about it who paid for the repair in the end - mind you the pot hole was a small crater and we did take photographic proof

dani
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Wouldn't think they would pay because they usually have notices up at tips saying that you enter at your own risk but you could try but I think you would be wasting your time to be honest. I understand how mad you must be though
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 11:30 AM
How frustrating that must have been. You could try the council for the cost of the tyre. This 'mechanic' sounds a bit of a twit. It's not your fault the credit card machine wouldn't take your card

Look on the bright side tho, you'll be getting your puppy in a few weeks time and everything will be right as rain
Sarah M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Thankyou for all the kind thoughts, I still might try the council, Ithink I might get on the web and try to find the tyre plkace as they are a national co. and complain about the service that I recieved, it might not achieve anything but it might make me feel a touch better abou the situation.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 01:05 PM
What a g**! Absolutely complain about him - he intimidated you and bullied you. I'd like to get my hands on him, I hate this sort of thing. Coward!

As for the tyre, it wouldn't hurt to try and get them to pay - have you any photographic evidence of what caused it?

Big hugs hun. Don't let them get to you.
xxxxx
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Completly agree with LS...

Hope you can get it sorted and that you are having a much better day today

*hugs*
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 12:54 PM
sarah im so sorry about what has happened to you,, my OH is a tyre fitter and says that the job you needed done should have cost no more than £150 so you where ripped off, can i ask what tyre company it was?? if u dont wanna say it on here pm me hun.

he left his last job as they where ripping people off and he doesnt agree with it.
big hugs to you hun (((((((((((*hugs*))))))))))) x x x x x x