Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:15 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, but had a lot on, and Dave being home too, I didn't get much of a chance of get on the puter except for e-mails, but I hope everyone is ok.

Jenny, I was so pleased to see Flash obliged you eventually, and even more pleased to see normality returned when they were charging around together causing the usual havoc at yours, brilliant news!

Lynn, I think you've opted for the one with the fireplace, which is the one I liked too, especially as there doesn't seem to be much needing doing inside apart from the stairs (is that the one with the steep stairs I think?). All sorted now then, soooo excited for you now

Zena's managed to split a claw right down the whole length I've managed to slap on a great amount of Savlon and baby sock it, and she isn't bothered by it enough to make her lame, but it does bother her. Don't quite know what the answer to that one is, might have to Google. I think, looking back, this is the answer to her holding up her leg sometimes on walks a while back, but it certainly hasn't stopped her racing around like a loon.

Boiler only went out twice this week eventually as I spoke to the guests who had been keeping a "boiler log" for me, bless 'em They want to book for next year and so do the others in the smaller van, but I'm currently negotiating something on the smaller van and if I pull it off, it'll give me back what I paid for it 3 years ago, so hopefully, that might come off, but I won't hold my breath on that.

Very windy today and I just heard some thunder, but there's lots of blue sky, so I think we're going to escape any storms here. Glorious day yesterday, but again, far too hot.

Won't be around again today cos have both vans to change over and I think we might be making a trip to Currys to get a new telly cos this one is on the blink The menu keeps coming up every couple of hours, or it decides to switch itself off, and Dave reckons it's on the blink and he can't be without a telly, it's all he has in life There's a nice Samsung 60" he's got his eye on, but it's £2K and we don't quite know how we're gonna pay for it yet cos both our little savings pots are spoken for. We don't do the "never never", but it might be the wtg with this if only for a short time till we can pay it off.

Hope everyone is doing ok along with the doglets and I'll try and keep up if I can. I did read a lot of yesterday's, but of course, now I've forgotten it all. Enjoy your week-end everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Looks like I'm first up again today. So morning everyone.

Weather breezy and dull here at the moment but it started out this way yesterday and ended up hot. Dillon was up again in the night needed to go to the toilet then Gorden said it started thundering and I did hear him bark but left Gorden to it. Dillon soon stopped he sounded like he was at the bottom of the stairs and wanted me down too so we were all together and safe. He doesn't normally react to thunder.

We are having a day in today we will make the offer on the cottage and have a day chilling. Poor Dillon is becoming a bit out of sorts all the traveling we have been doing and he has been left on those days for around 8 hours. I am wondering if that is what a lot of this sleeplessness is about and his niggling of the dew claw removal site when we are gone. It is healing and when we are home it it is fine but he nibbles round it when we are out and make it a bit sore again.

Helena I hope everything is ok with you we didn't see you yesterday. I think I remember you saying Dave would be around Friday again this week. So I hope that's the reason and not boiler problems again.
Malka I am hoping everything is quiet and a bit easier in your household today.
Bev good luck with the washing machine repair today and fingers crossed your day goes more smoothly.
jenny I was pleased to read Flash did his business and no problems and then had a good chase with Rucksack.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone and stay safe.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2013, 06:26 AM

At last someone is up! Silly me sitting here for over four hours waiting for you to say Good Morning!

I hope you are not too exhausted with both van change overs and that you can at least get in a nanny nap.

I am seriously thinking of going back to bed but is seems a bit stupid to do so when it is not even half past seven UK time.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2013, 06:28 AM

Looks like both you and Helena posted at the same time.

So I wish you and everyone a good weekend!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Morning Helena I think we will be merged as I put the thread up at the same time as you today.
Good luck with the telly hunting and Zena's claw it sounds OUCH
Yes we have opted for the mid terrace cottage with the steep stairs but not as steep as I remember. We will have a new staircase put in. It just felt so homely and right and the village felt friendly too. We have already met one neighbour who lives next door but one her dad.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning H, Lynn, Malka and all.

Had a lovely sunny walk early with Lily this morning buts some clouds are rolling in now. I heard a loud clap of thunder during the night but Lily didn't stir unfortunatly. I hoped she would as she had 7/8ths of the bed and I was hanging over the edge as usual.

Washing machine repair man is out this morning could be anytime between now and one. Everything crossed he can fix it.

I spoke to Charly on the phone a couple of nights ago and they have bought a couple of second hand bikes for £15 each and have been going for bike rides.
She said they may go down to Monkey world today, its somewhere she has always wanted to visit.
They will be back Sunday night as Charly has an appointment Tue Morning with the gynecologist at the hospital about all the problems she has had and is having.

Lynn so happy you have found somewhere it does look very nice.
H, good luck with the tele hunting. I have a lovely one here you know thats still going strong .

Malka hope today is better for you and Jenny hope Flash has now performed for you.

Take care all and have a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn, Malka and fellow members,

The mods here don't half act quick merging the two threads together .... there was me wondering which one to post on ...... ha, ha you'll never know

Lynn - You'll love having a day at home after your marathon day yesterday and hopefully you, Gorden and the owners of that lovely cottage you've chosen will all be celebrating later I'm Dillon will enjoy having you both there today.
Helena - Sorry to hear about Zena's claw .... that'll surely get very sore if she gets sand or muck in the split .... ouch Sounds ominous about your smaller van ... does that mean you'll lose that lovely plot? Enjoy your day and I hope the boiler behaves, you can sort the TV (my son has just had his new (4 months old) Samsung fixed free of charge when it lost its wi-fi receiver, and that Zena's claw doesn't cause her any pain.
Malka - Two 'hello' posts from you and neither mentioning Pereg so I think we take it that she had a peaceful night .. I hope so.

I bet some members have snuck in while I've been typing this .. and making myself a coffee so hi to anyone who has done. Polly coming round for a walk this morning which will be lovely as its lovely and cool at the moment ... long may it last. My son is off to Brighton for the weekend apparently to a wedding with his new girlfriend, so it looks like I really will get to have a quiet few days before my OH gets back from Germany on Monday evening.

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Morning Bev .... you snuck in I do hope your washing machine can be fixed ... fingers crossed. Lol to Lily taking up most of the bed but don't forget she probably thinks its hers and is doing you a favour letting you have a weeny bit of it. Enjoy your day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

At last someone is up! Silly me sitting here for over four hours waiting for you to say Good Morning!

I hope you are not too exhausted with both van change overs and that you can at least get in a nanny nap.

I am seriously thinking of going back to bed but is seems a bit stupid to do so when it is not even half past seven UK time.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
Someone's ALWAYS up - me or you usually with the time difference. I don't think people would want to see me starting their good morning every day tho - so I wait!

Today Helena and Lynn are like London Buses. None come along and then two come along together lol!

My laptop (or maybe my mouse?) is playing up this morning (uncharacteristically for this VIAO) and I've no patience with it!

Good(ish) news on the abandoned pups front - I will update that in a bit (if I ever manage to open another screen!)

It's damned hot, hot, hot. Fortunately Jen's pal LIKES IT HOT so she isn't moaning about the heat! (Just me moaning about it!)

Just spent five minutes looking for where I'd put my coffee down - gave up and got another from the fridge and now see I had actually drunk the first one as the can is in my wastebin. It's gonna be a kawfee day today methinks.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Pat - having been up since 5am our time I thought I would avva ketchup and then fink of a Bonus Day ditty. Dunno why because anyone can see what/where to post but my stupid brain drives me insane and I guess I was bored.

As for your laptop and/or mouse - I am still wondering whether I have bought the right camera or not. And must remember to phone the suppliers and ask them to please set the date and time before they mail it off to me tomorrow.

I really think I need to go to bed - either that or someone should get the men in the white coats and clever jackets to come and remove me.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »