Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 06:09 PM

Ooooh Nooooo!!!!

Next door neighbour announced that she is flying to Tunisia today for 10 days leaving her lovely 18 year old son at home and worse still he is having a week off work Not that horrific I suppose its just that he plays his music top volume and its just a load of banging, it literally drives you crazy. Last time they went abroad and he had a week off work I was in tears after constant day and night 'music', it gets to the stage where you can hear the music even if it isn't on. He has music in his bedroom, then he comes downstairs and puts music on the stereo in the living room which happens to be on the ajoining wall to our living room so it sounds horrific and then he even puts music on in the conservatory.

GOD I HATE INCONSIDERATE BLOODY NEIGHBOURS!!!!!!!
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 06:21 PM
oh no, sounds like my next door neighbour. poor u i can sympothise (sp)!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by doglover
oh no, sounds like my next door neighbour. poor u i can sympothise (sp)!

Thanks Paula - this is going to be a very long 10 days I have an headache already
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Foxy, I really feel 4 u. We have neighbours who have a 19 year old son and a 17 year old daughter who seize every opportunity (sp?) to party while their parents are away. The music plays all day and all night and then then they all file outside into the street 4 ...how do i put this politely.....adult rated performance. My parents have to ask them to quieten down and go somewhere private but itdoesnt work. But lets face it are drunk Teens really going to listen to my dad who really didnt know where to look lol!

(sorry about spelling)
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-09-2005, 06:28 PM
sorry for you foxy in Spain we always have trouble with the neighbors he will properly go to bed late in the morning get the drill out and start drilling holes in the wall that will quieten him down
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by SpottyDogsRule
Hi Foxy, I really feel 4 u. We have neighbours who have a 19 year old son and a 17 year old daughter who seize every opportunity (sp?) to party while their parents are away. The music plays all day and all night and then then they all file outside into the street 4 ...how do i put this politely.....adult rated performance. My parents have to ask them to quieten down and go somewhere private but itdoesnt work. But lets face it are drunk Teens really going to listen to my dad who really didnt know where to look lol!

(sorry about spelling)

Aww thanks for the sympathy The thing is his parents really trust him and think that he will keep the music down and that he won't be a problem. He can have his music on really loud (with all the windows open so that everyone on the road can share it ) and then when his mum or dad appears it goes down right away and they don't realise how bad he is when they are away.

A few years ago we had a toy poodle that used to bark like mad if someone came in the house. When my new boyfriend came to pick me up she barked like mad at him and within 2 mins the man next door was banging at our door like something possessed and telling us to shut her up It appears they can give it but not take it. We had to rehome the dog partly due to them complaining about her barking (and she wasn't left on her own ever) but now its okay for us to put up with the noise of their offspring whilst they have a nice little break in the sun
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
sorry for you foxy in Spain we always have trouble with the neighbors he will properly go to bed late in the morning get the drill out and start drilling holes in the wall that will quieten him down

I wish I lived in a detached house like my sister does I feel sorry for their poor dog because it must be hell for its poor ears
Chilli-Pepper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:25 PM
I have every sympathy for you foxy, years ago we had neighbours from hell, we had a young couple move in next door, it started on the wrong foot by them asking me to stop my cat from sitting on the adjoining fence as it kept looking at their pigeons (which I might add the deeds of all houses clearly stated that you could not keep pigeons.). As there house was in disrepair they started to renovate it at ALL times of the day and night, we finally had to seek help from the environmental health who told us that if we went ahead and complained any this would have to be declared should we decide to sell in the future. Both houses had disused open fires which had a crack generated from their house which was part of there contract to repair, unfortunately they chose to ignore this and kept lighting fires filling our house with smoke, we would get music all hours, they would have fights with police having to be called. It was a total nightmare forcing us to move, we rented for a long time as I did not want to run the risk of ever going through that again until I could afford a detached home which I now have, with neighbours on only one side who are fantastic.

It is a living hell having neighbours who simply do not care and it angers me that although you can report to environmental health they can do very little and all has to be declared with consequences of selling your home.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Poor you! Stock up on earplugs!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Keep the phone number of the environmental health "hotline" for noise disturbance and the local cop shop - use them at the first opportunity. You don't have to put up with it. Or maybe a posse of large muscular men from the pub to sort this horror out, for a couple of pints!
That sort of thing is unusual here the Gardai are very strict and you can end up in court just for shouting at someone in the street AND fined.

I know how you feel - it would drive me to breakdown - hence my rather extreme remedies! Good luck!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >