Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2013, 06:46 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone. I was up at 7am today after having some very weird dreams through the night.
I think Dillon would happily of slept till 8 again today.
I wanted to make sure he finished breakfast by 7.30 today as we will be out with by 8.30 I think its going to get very warm so that's one reason the second is we will grab breakfast have a quick tidy and a change when back then we are meeting our friends for coffee at a garden centre. They were both teachers Jackie retired at Christmas and her OH had to give up teaching due to illness which later was found he has Huntingdons. We are all celebrating Gorden and his new job and them as their youngest has been given the all clear from the Huntingdons gene.
I am hanging the washing out in a bit as it is already lovely and sunny and warm.

Chris I hope your little car is just waiting round the corner for you. I understand your fears over your mum and the home we had the same fears and mum told us she would give up and die when SS said she could not go back to the house. 1 year later she is still with us. But they are all different and so are we if you and your sister can manage to nurse her between you that's lovely we couldn't. Also my friend has seen her own mum and her aunt and uncle one who has since died nurse her nan for the past 8 years or so at home with some caring help they are now shadows of their former selves.
So do take care and do not make yourselves ill too. I wish you all the best with with everything. I'm always here if you need a chat or a moan to help get you through.
Sally I also hope your dad is doing ok.
Jenny hoping you son is still upbeat today and that you are doing ok too. I hope the Sunday dinner works out well enjoy. Good luck for tomorrow. (((Hugs))).
Linda and Malka that you both had good nights with Loki and Pereg.
Bev I bet your house is buzzing today after the wonderful news.
Pat I hope you are still feeling well today and are now confident that it was the pills that made you feel so ill.
To everyone else wishing any that are poorly well again soon and pets included and those with any worries that your worries ease soon.

Have a lovely and safe Sunday. See you all in a while.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
I'm certainly feeling on top of the world this morning and am walking round resembling the cheshire cat .
Next important thing on my agenda is to shed quite a few pounds as I don't want to be in wedding photos looking like a beached whale .

Enjoy your celebrations with your friends today Lynn, its feels so nice to have something good and special to celebrate doesn't it.

Chris I am glad to see you back on here and to know your ok, just sorry to hear of all your problems. Having been a carer and still doing some care work I know only too well what families have to go through with their elderly loved ones and how difficult it is. If you ever need a chat I am always here for you.

Hope Loki and Pereg have stayed fit free and continue to do so.

Its going to be a beautiful sunny day today so I must get that grass cut today, I am sure I will be dancing round with that lawn mower

Have a good day all,
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

What a beautiful sunny morning .... ooh I do hope it lasts
My OH and I were at a party last night which was great fun but my feet a

So nice to see Chris back - everything crossed for Gary and it's great that he had a good week away. Hopefully you'll find a nice little car Chris .... I'm sure it's a buyers market at the moment. I hope your Mum settles and your sister (whether she realises it or not) will need support being the main carer.

Lynn - an early start for you, but could probably have been later as it wasn't Dillon who woke you .... always the way

Busy day for me today but I will drop in later. I've got to go to the Hounslow Pets & Home (haven't got a clue how to get there) to collect a dog bed that they no longer make and Hounslow is the nearest shop to still have one in. Also a neighbours child's 2nd birthday party (lots of champagne apparently ) at 2.00 and then collect my son from Heathrow at 3.30.

I hope any poorly animals and people are feeling better today.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Bev - I can see that smile on your face from here ((hugs)).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

A chance to get on here this morning whilst Dave is eating his brekkie, as I had withdrawals from Dogsey yesterday, but haven't read yesterday's daily so don't really know what's going on apart from what I've picked up skimming through threads.

It was nice to see you back again Chris and good luck with the new car along with everything else that's going on around you, but pleased to hear about Gary.

You talking of weird dreams there Lynn, I had one myself when I went back to sleep at 5am. I was at a party, and having an argument with Dave as he was sending me out to work Then I went outside with a group of people to calm down, and saw this beautiful black car, and I asked who's it was and they told me it was Dave's new car So then I knew why he was sending me out to work lol! I wasn't happy

God the van all spruced up on the inside and the outside yesterday, and we mowed the lawn and tidied up the garden. Saw the guy in my other van who came to pay, and he was telling us he's going down to Southampton for 10 days to be on the Princess Royal when it arrives on Thursday cos he's a security bod, and they've put him in a nice hotel for 10 days too. I might see if there's an opening for Dave in that firm, it'd suit him down to the ground, he looks the part at 6ft 2" and all slimmed down now, but he said he'd be worried about controlling his temper if things got out of hand.

The lady who wants to buy a van on the park rang me when I got back, so I had a long chat with her and then rang the salesteam who are going to ring her, and hopefully, it will end up in a sale and I'll be on another earner with them.

We're off to a big garden centre on the A21 this morning, cos I've decided to get some big red robins to make a hedge along the front fence at the new van, as it'll give them a bit of privacy in the garden and it'll look nice and cure some of that water problem. Trouble is, who's gonna dig the big holes, cos I certainly can't now with this back.

Off out with Zena in a mo, the sun is shining, it's hot even now, so it's gonna be a hot one, hope you've got the same.

We had so many deliveries all in one hit yesterday, everything came throughout the day, including the 4 new doors that should have come last week, Zena's new box of fish sticks, the door handles for the doors, curtain ties for the new van curtains (but not the curtains yet) and all I'm waiting for now is the garden furniture for van 2.

Have a lovely day all of you, enjoy your walk in the sunshine and whatever else you're up to today, I know I will
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2013, 07:13 AM

Somebody, not mentioning any names, chatted away [or let me chat away] on the phone until waaaaay past even your bedtime, but I still woke up around 6am - let de dawg out, hadda look at the online newspapers - same old, same old, 7am she 'ad 'er pills so back to bed for another couple of hours.

Got up - opened trissim and waddya know, neighbour instantly turns up for rent 'cos yesterday was rent day. Oh, and how many did I want of each? - I had given her an empty bottle of 50 paracetamol, an empty pack of 12 Immodium, and an empty wotsit of micropore days ago, plus more than enough money to pay for them.

Did not say anything about my fron yard, path, ramp still being covered by the weeks that her "guys" were supposed to have sprayed over a week ago, so I am going to get Nir to do it. The money is not worth the aggro that waiting for her to get it done is.

And my camera has died and I am devastated.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Morning all, I can't believe it's another sunny day

I hope you all have a good Sunday, take care see you later.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning all, another lovely day here today.

Had some lovely news last night , my daughter ison holiday in Rome , and her boyfriend proposed to her at the trevi fountain yesterday .... We did know as be asked my hubby for our blessing before they went.....so now we have a wedding to plan !

Hope all is well with everyone , enjoy the day xx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Ooh two Dogsey weddings to plan. Exiting times. Two new hats to buy!.
Have a good visit to the Garden Centres Lynn & Helena.
Don't drink too much Champagne before picking your son up Jenny .
Nice day here as well but still a chilly breeze. Never mind It might ease off later.
Not much on today - just some ironing & sorting stuff out for the Hols for Tuesday. We won't need much though.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone whatever you're all doing.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Morning

I hope you have a lovely time with your friends, Lynn.

Up early here too! I just couldn't stay asleep. Loki has been walked - we had a gorgeous walk over the fields but he really wanted to come home for his breakfast!

Carys is off to Beavers today - they are working for their Community badge, so she's doing some junk modelling, having sausages and then walking down to the woods to clear rubbish. I'm a bit nervous about it but they have grabbers and she's under strict instructions not to use her hands.

I will try to fight the urge not to stake out the route to check she's okay like I did when she had her school trip (cunningly disguised in a hat and dark glasses ) - it would be easy enough because the Scout hut is a five minute walk from here and the route to the woods takes about 20 minutes. Me neurotic?

Have a super day everyone.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »