Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-05-2013, 09:45 AM

R.I.P. to this poor gent

how awful and it really will put dog controls back into the agenda, if proven i hope those concerned get some serious prison time.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-22672602
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2013, 09:49 AM
I've just read this, the only one who has paid the penalty is the poor dog. The owners will be free to get another one within weeks probably.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2013, 09:55 AM
And the Mail Online have picked out a photograph from Alamy yet again - not of the dog in question but of a "savage dog".

At least this time they did not use the photo of the sneezing Staffie...

RIP
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 04:08 PM
How dreadful.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Malka I find your post more than a tad disrespectful to this poor old man. Not one word about him.

Reading this awful story, I don't really care what stock photos they reel out. I am sure whatever breed this dog was it appeared to be far more horrific than that picture to this dear old man while it was killing him.

What an absolutely dreadful and inglorious way to die this was for a man who has lived to 79 years of age when he was in his own home, taking care of himself, cooking his dinner, just previously.

The dog has paid with its life. I do not disagree that it should. If a child grows up to be a murderer the law does not let them off scot free and put the parents in prison because it is thought that his upbringing was responsible for the way he turned out. In fact if a child turns into a murderer the law doesn't do that either.

My thoughts are with this old man and with his family if he had any.

And yes this will add fuel to the campaign to ban all sorts of dogs and toughen up laws. But what on earth would anyone expect this sort of thing to do?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

26-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Does not RIP suffice? What more could I have said that had any more meaning? It was a tragic death and my thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP. Rest In Peace.

But I do think it is important for people to know that the Mail Online, like other "newspapers" of that ilk, use Alamy and others to "show" what they consider as dangerous dogs, when they are just stock photos.

The photo of the sneezing Staffie being the usual Alamy stock photo that the Mail Online drags out time and time again.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Does not RIP suffice? What more could I have said that had any more meaning? It was a tragic death and my thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP. Rest In Peace.

But I do think it is important for people to know that the Mail Online, like other "newspapers" of that ilk, use Alamy and others to "show" what they consider as dangerous dogs, when they are just stock photos.

The photo of the sneezing Staffie being the usual Alamy stock photo that the Mail Online drags out time and time again.
As I said I don't care. I don't care if the dog that killed this old man looked like Bambi or had the sweetest smile. It KILLED HIM. They don't need to 'dress up' a story that ended in DEATH do they? It's not as if it was a brush or a run in with a dog. The dog killed the old man. NOTHING could make it worse. You can't be a little bit dead.

And as your whole post was about the dog pictures for all I knew your RIP was for the dog too. I didn't like the 'at least' you started with - and I just didn't like the whole tone of the post and said so.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

26-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Pat, may I ask why you picked on my post and yet ignored post #2 on this thread?
Shriley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:04 PM
TBF, a PM has not been carried out yet, so the cause of death has not been verified, or the breed of dog.

It's terribly sad, but as with all these things people are so quick to get sucked in by the headlines and yet nobody knows what really happened.

RIP to man and dog, hope they are both at peace now x
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Terrible story and I am afraid I am with Tangutica on the way the story has been reported. A man, an innocent man has been killed, in his own home. Still raw from Mollie's attack as we were just out walking along the front of our building by a staffie cross mastiff (which is what this dog has been reported as being) and I can only too well imagine the terror he felt in the moments before his death.

Absolutely adore dogs but this man was in his own home !

Never been a huge fan of some of these breeds and these attacks don't make me any more fond of them as pets and make me wonder why we are allowing them to be kept in close communities if they can do so much damage.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >