View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Fantastic dog food website. Must read for ALL dog owners!

Not sure if I can share, but it's not a forum, and not sure if its been shares before?!

Came across this, it is FANTASTIC. Well, I thought so

We have just switched to raw, but I wish I'd seen this before we had. If I ever go back to biscuits, ill definitely be using this site to help us find the right food.

http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/

ETA. I think you need to do the advanced search to get the recommendations.

Also, this is a UK based website, but the ingredients list is great reading for all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Not that I have any intention to change from raw, but out of curiosity I filled in my dog's details on that site, and got absolutely nothing advised.

But as I say, I will stick to raw because I prefer to know what I am feeding my dog.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 08:39 PM
It's not really for raw feeders

We have switched to raw, but I certainly appreciate why people don't! And at least they can make informed choices.

The recommendation part is only a bit of the site. The reviews and information about ingredients are really interesting.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
It's not really for raw feeders

We have switched to raw, but I certainly appreciate why people don't! And at least they can make informed choices.

The recommendation part is only a bit of the site. The reviews and information about ingredients are really interesting.
So how come when - just out of curiosity I filled in my dog's details, the site did not come up with any suggestions?

I mean supposing I did not feed my dog raw and wanted advice as to what food to give her? I filled in the details requested as a generic dog owner, but got no suggestions whatsoever.

No recommendations, nothing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I filled in Bella's details too and didn't understand if what I saw on the page was recommendations or not. I then did the advanced search and it returned about THREE PAGES of recommendations - I didn't get to the end but none of them I saw were available in Cyprus to my knowledge anyway.

I was only interested because Bella does need to lose a little weight at the mo and because I've had a few probs (minor) with her since feeding her mainly raw. And she seems to have 'gone off it' and I'm lobbing it over the verandah most of the time for the strays. Then wondering what else to give her instead - not great if I want to get her weight down a bit. I'm always thinking she 'must be hungry'.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
So how come when - just out of curiosity I filled in my dog's details, the site did not come up with any suggestions?

I mean supposing I did not feed my dog raw and wanted advice as to what food to give her? I filled in the details requested as a generic dog owner, but got no suggestions whatsoever.

No recommendations, nothing.
Did you go to the advanced search?

And I have no idea, I have nothing to do with the site

I did the advanced search and got loads come up....

If you feed raw, then it doesn't really matter does it

I feed raw too, and still enjoyed reading about the ingredients and what's good and what's not

Not sure why you're debating it, I just wanted to share a good resource.

Sorry, it's a UK site, so not sure if international brands will come up. Should have mentioned that.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
The guy David who's site it is joined here last year, I have been using that site since then and love it, I always refer back to it if I need to look up a certain brand and if they don't have it up yet then I email David and he looks in to it and puts it on the site very informative x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

06-04-2013, 06:46 AM
On doing the Advanced Search it came up with page after page of foods I have never heard of. And apart from two local [ie Israeli] brands of dry dog food, all other dog [and cat] food is imported, so it is immaterial whether it is a UK site or not.

But - just asking for the breed, age, weight and amount of exercise a dog has, how can it - the site - decide what brands are best? Especially when they give page after page of different brands.

However, as you say, I am a raw feeder therefore it is immaterial, but I am always interested in learning more which is why I checked that website.

I hope it will help other people make decisions as to what might be best for their dogs.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Thats useful thanks.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Great resource for looking up the ingredients in food and why the author believes certain ingredients to be suspect.

Easy to negotiate too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >