Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 01:53 PM

Mindless People

I dont know if anyone watches"Bondi Vet" but I saw an episode,and it really made me cry.

Picture this you go into your local shop,dogs are not allowed so you tie them up,next thing someone said a dog has been run over,it wasnt a puppy,but a dog who was 11yrs old,tiny poodle,it crawled back to the shop,it was feebly wagging its tail,so the owner takes it to the vet,it was desperately trying to hold on to life,but when you saw the x rays its back bone was in two bits so was pts.

The shop had cctv,and it plainly shows a young male casually walk by the shop reaches down and lets the dog of its leash,but why? is this another worry for responsible dog owners,that you will not be able to leave your dog tied up in case someone lets your dog off the lead just for a laugh.

It really got to me sorry for ranting I remember boys attaching a can to a dog,but at least the local bobbycaught them and gave them a clip around the ear,but this was a grown man unbelievable crystalgirl
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 01:56 PM
To be honest, it's been such a risk to leave dogs tied up outside and alone for so long now that it is already frowned upon.

This just highlights one scenario. Here, dogs dog missing (ie stolen) when left outside shops and there is also the very strong risk of them being harassed by children, dogs and the well meaning passers by.

JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK!!
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I have never and will never leave my dogs tied up, it's just not worth the risk.
There was a spell in our old village of dogs going 'missing' after being left outside paper shops etc. Also as Brierley says people winding your dog up while its tied up.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
To be honest, it's been such a risk to leave dogs tied up outside and alone for so long now that it is already frowned upon.

This just highlights one scenario. Here, dogs dog missing (ie stolen) when left outside shops and there is also the very strong risk of them being harassed by children, dogs and the well meaning passers by.

JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK!!
You used to be able to leave a baby in a pram outside shops and they were always safe...
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes you often hear of dogs being stolen outside shops, it is not worth the risk. I never leave Holly alone in a car either. Again for the same reason and because cars get hot very quickly.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 02:48 PM
I never left my children outside a shop and I wouldn't leave my dogs either.

I do remember once after shopping putting my toddler son into the car while I took the trolley back to the trolley park and, by the time I had got back to the car (seconds later) he had activated the cigarette lighter, taken it out and burnt a hole in the seat!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm glad I didn't see that episode as it would have really upset me.

I would never leave a dog tied up outside a shop or anywhere for that matter. I also wouldn't leave my dogs in a locked car either (unless in view) as having been a volunteer for years on DogLost I know just how many dogs get stolen.

A very sad state of affairs but that is how it is now.