Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 07:16 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Another week almost over, seems like it was only yesterday I put up the Monday thread, and here we are and it's thursday already, where do these weeks go

First of all, Jenny, I was just catching up and was so pleased you survived your ordeal and it really did sound like a bad one I can't believe your dentist told you to drink with a straw though, as you're running the risk of breaking that blood clott in there If you google, you'll see that you're causing a vacuum with the sucking, and it's not good (same as dragging on a fag!), and definitely no teeth cleaning or rinsing for 24 hours. My dentist told me to just hold some salt water in my mouth over the hole 24 hours later, so please take care of yourself, we don't want you going back there.xxxx

Crystal, I can't believe what I saw in last night's thread about your GD puppy My heart goes out to you this morning.xxxx

June, hope you sorted out whatever with the phone call you got last night. Bev I hope you're feeling much better today. Lynn, hope you can go shopping today and get a full trolley. Norma, I hope they're getting to grips with the oil slik in your garden for you. Can't remember anything else so apologies.

Dry at least, although very dull, but I like dry, cos we stay clean on a walk. Dave home tonight, I'll be making a curry, and he's viewing a couple of flats today so I'll hear all about those tonight. He's said he won't start the scotia for the floor until Saturday, so I will have his help tomorrow in setting up the van, cos I have so much stuff to take back, it'll be 4 trips in the car and he can lug it all into the van for me.

Off to check my e-mails and see if I got that 2 week booking last night, finger's crossed they got back to me and have booked.

Enjoy your day everyone, some of you ooop north are getting glorious sunshine today so please share some of it with us down south, don't be greedy
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Morning H and all

It's still cold here but not with that bitter wind. Not much planned today, the boys will be out on the bike again and all of them could do with a good groom, they have started shedding. I have to go out again as I am running out of BP tablets, such a pain!

I hope you get your booking H. Good luck with all the moving things back in the van, I haven't looked in mine for about two months now, must go and have a peek, I have loads of bits and pieces to go in there too.

Have a good day all!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning Gerry I'm sure those boys will enjoy a good bike ride, and I can't wait to get mine hitched up on the back for the cycle track down on the seafront. Thanks and yes, I did get their booking, so not many weeks left now, I'd better get busy! Enjoy your day Gerry.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning Helena morning all
gosh sound like busy weekend you've got there
Hope the flat hunting goes well for Dave (fingers crossed some thing suitable turns up soon)
House went like a fair yesterday as oh ,s bday kids /gkids visiting
Quiet dinner for 2 well 5 as the muppets enjoyed the leftovers
Of today to look at a wee 2nd hand car don't need anything 2grand as I don't drive that much going to miss my wee vitara though
Weather looks good ,frosty and cold ,
Hope all poorly dogs in peeps get better soon
Especially those who visited the dentist brave people
Enjoy your day everyone what ever your up to
Take care stay safe xxxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Morning Helena, Moet and all who follow,

Helena - My dentist is fantastic and the only time I haven't got that 'dry socket' syndrome is by using a straw placed right at the back of my tongue - no vacuum need. However I did lose the blood clot within half-hour of getting home. It bled up until mid evening so can only assume another one has formed.
Took really strong painkillers and actually had a pretty good nights sleep. Just feel like I've been punched in the cheek now. I hope you get your 2 week booking in September .... I'm glad I got in early

Moet - enjoy your day, and I think we should all be seeing some sun today.

I hope Crystalgirl comes back to us with more info on who's puppy was found dead. So sad.

I'll be on my own for the day today so will pop back in once everyone has gone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning H and all,
Well my nose has finally stopped streaming, but last night I thought I was going to cough my lungs up. So not much sleep and this morning I feel like I have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
Back to work today as my work colleague is on 2 days holiday so I have to cover and do all his work too. Can't wait (not).

Lynn I hope Gordons money is now safely in your bank account. When does he have his interview? Sorry if you have already said somewhere but I have lost touch these past few days.

Crystal sending you big (((hugs))) today, I am so sorry.

H, I hope Dave finds a nice flat today and I hope you got that booking.

Jenny I also can't believe your dentist said drink with a straw. My dentist gives the same advice as H's one.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Morning Helena morning all.

Well good and bad news Re:money it is going in but the weekend. Good job Gorden spoke to the mortgage company and explained so they have given us a few days grace till the money arrives so hopefully Saturday then we can pay the outstanding amount by phone. We really have got to get our back sides into gear and tidy this house up and sell and move on somewhere cheaper as the stress is really getting to both of us now.
Funny thing is with the Nigerian money waiting to go in the bank the Lewisham money what he earns from his part time job its not like we can't afford it at the moment school holidays may be a different matter when he isn't earning anything but we need to move and be mortgage free whether he gets N.Lincs or not.
I just find I am so tired from the stress and worry I find it hard to get motivated. That's where some sunshine would be helpful to get me moving i'm a it like a lizard I need to warm up to move.

Jenny I am glad to see you about after your trials yesterday at the dentist.
Helena I hope Dave's flat hunting goes well.
Bev glad to hear you are feeling a little better.
Off to walk Dillon now he is being a bit impatient today. We are going to try the field and see if it is dry or drier.

Have an enjoyable and safe Thursday everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 09:06 AM
My word it is bitter out there today brrrrrrrrrrr

Jenny glad you survived yesterday, gives me hope for next week Look after yourself.

Well today we are having a trip to Mothercare. oh joy Elisha has some vouchers to spend. She said she will treat us to lunch but I bet Granddad ends up paying!

Back later folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Enjoy Mothercare Jenny and lunch whoever pays.

Well we had a nice walk field a bit wet in places but dry enough for Dillon to have a good run about and roll and then we met the guy with the four Italian rescue dogs. He and his wife lived in Tuscany they came back here due to one of their mums being ill.
So Dillon had long line off and had a good run around and play and now is knackered and hopefully for the rest of the day.
Sun is coming out too.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Morning all, a lovely sunny one here today, its good weather for a walk, not a lot going on here today, a bit of ironing and such.

Jenny glad to see you better after yesterday
H, hope the flat hunt and bookings go well
Bev glad to hear you are feeling a little better.
Lynn have a good walk,

Have a good one folks, x
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »