Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Two smilies today in the hopes they cheer us up.
Well no snow overnight here thank goodness still very white out there though at the moment and according to the weather men we have snow for 12 hours today.

June glad to be reading Sasha is now doing firm poo's sorry that you are still getting squishy ones from someone else. Fingers crossed it all sorts itself soon.
Jenny I do hope Pepsi is better today.
Chris the same goes for Rosie and I hope you both had a peaceful night.
Sally I hope you manage to get Jimmi for a walk today if its like us though I doubt it.
Bev I hope Kyiro is still doing well.
Jennyg I hope your walk is better today it is very slippery out there so do take care.
Helena I do hope you and Dave had a peaceful night and he is feeling more up beat this morning. (((Hugs))).

I hope we have no poorly people out there if we do get well soon and no more poorly dogs if we do get well soon to them too.

Off to get Dillon his chicken wings and the a bit later back out in the cold and snow for a walk on the field then back for bacon sarnies I think and catch up tv.

Take care everyone if venturing out and wrap up warm.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Thanks for taking over today Lynn, as I'm still trying to make Dave feel more important around here if ya know what I mean, it all helps. He's doing ok now, feeling more positive and upbeat (well, not really upbeat cos that never happens ) and I'd like to thank you all for your lovely messages yesterday.

Well, I got up like a cripple this morning, my back feels like it's been broken in half across the bottom and around the front. I walked in the woods yesterday didn't I with my big, clumpy walking boots on, in thick snow, and up those horrendous hills First time in 6 weeks I've done hills, no wonder I'm suffering today, but hopefully, as I move around it'll get better. I have no choice but to go back in there this morning either, unless I get Dave to do the honours with Zena on his own.

It's snowing heavily here, which they've forecast for us all day today, so God knows how deep it'll be by this evening That's ok though because the forecast is for rain on Tuesday and back to 5deg for us so it'll all be gone, finger's crossed.

Hoping all the babies are doing firm poops for you today June, and that little Rosie is fine now Chris. Not sure who else has problems as I haven't been keeping up yesterday, but today I'll do better

Well, looks like we're all stuck indoors again today except for walking the dogs, and stay safe on the ice and snow if you're venturing out.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Good morning all.

Just a quickie because the computer is dying. One reformat not much use so trying a second. Takes all day on Vista

Glad things are improving Helena. Big hugs to Dave x

Hope Sasha is still on the up, TW x

As for us, one wonderful, full night's sleep, IN BED. Not fully there yet, but massively improved.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Morning All

wishing all poorly dogs and humans a ''get well soon'' wish

Very slippery underfoot today as the big freeze takes over I've been out and wished I had 4 legs like my lot they seem to be able to stay upright which is more than I can say, very cold too brrrrrrrrrr. I've decided to leave the chucks and furries in their bed for another hour in the hope that it will feel alittle warmer as the morning goes on...we'll see but the chucks have cooked pasta and corn on the cob for breakfast so they will be delighted Im sure.

Off out again this afternoon so rather hoping it will be snow so the dogs can have more fun then back to a traditional Sunday lunch yummmmy

have a great day folks
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

H I am glad to hear Dave feels a bit more positive today, and you take care in those boots. Mind you I can talk as clumping around in mine has set my right hip off again and its very painful, and I am not even doing big hills!

No snow here yet although very white everywhere from a week ago and the paths and side roads are lethal with all the compressed snow and ice. I hope Tue does bring warmer tepretures and rain to get rid of this awful stuff.
Apparently all this snow is to do with the jet stream being in the wrong place again, just like it was in the summer when it gave us constant rain.

I have so much to do here today but I am not feeling 100%. I feel completely drained and fatigued. I think it may be my fibromyalgia flaring up again, due to a few stressful things going on at the moment.

I am hoping my sons dog is improving today, she has been to the vet twice now with very runny poo containing blood, and sickness. Yesterday her stools were also black. The vet gave him more tablets and said go to the emergency vet if she goes downhill over the weekend.

Kyiro had a 2 min out and 2min back slow walk this morning. We literally only go a couple of hundred yards, but it gets him out to see something else apart from the 4 walls of the house.

Take care all and have a good day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Hello everyone.
Take care H I hope your back improves. Possibly stress related too
It's unbelievable to read of you lot having snow, we haven't got any at all. Maybe I am speaking too soon!!!

Well the usual lunch for 7 ( 8 if you count Kyla!!) Lovely roast beef etc today
Take care all see you later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Morning everyone

It's snowing here AGAIN! I'm fed up with it now - there is only so much sledging a grown up wants to do in a year!

I'm worried about travelling to the school tomorrow with my toddler in the car in case there was an accident. I do bring blankets with me and it's not exactly the North Pole but I hope it clears soon. I worry for elderly people too, who might not be able to get around.

I am looking forward to another lovely walk though, with Loki. He loves the snow so much.

Take care.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning Lynn, H, Steph, Jen, Bev, Brierley and all

I am glad Dave is feeling a bit better than yesterday H, I hope you are not feeling so stiff later. I hope the snow doesn't come as far as us today.

Take care Bev, don't overdo it.

I worked all day yesterday (I had to be picked up as car is snowed in) there were some right numpties about. A woman thought it was ok to let her toddler walk on the ice on the pond, people were parking everywhere, even next to the busy A3 a few cars were towed away by the police, and several tickets were put out.

All I sold in the morning were sleds and gloves, sleds are gone now apart from 3 expensive ones. I am supposed to be working this afternoon but as they have to pick my colleague up as well I am hoping that they wont want me, we will have to close early in any case as the rangers will finish about 3pm and will have to bring us home.

Have spent last night worrying about a beagle that slipped it's collar yesterday afternoon, I hope they found the poor mite.

I hope you all have a good day today and stay safe.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Good morning fellow members cold and grey with the road outside a sheet of ice where a few brave people ventured over the snow and flattened it.
I have been out with Chloe and am pleased to see the three new lambs have survived the cold.

As little else is happening I will finish cleaning out the kitchen cupboards today, being busy keeps me warm

Helena I hope Dave feels a bit more positive today. As a widow I would say whatever happens you still have each other and that is the most important thing x.

Nippy I hope Pepsi is ok today today.

Have a pleasant day and stay safe everyone
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2013, 09:57 AM

Morning Lynn, morning all. Late on parade again due to getting another three hours sleep after Pereg's 7am Pb but I obviously need the sleep, especially having to get up in the night for her, so I am only just doing a quick catch up.

Nechda - you take it easy with your back because you have to be nice and healthy and strong for Dave. Big hugs to you both.

I hope Rosie, Pepsi, and Sasha and the three hooligans are OK this morning - and that all poorly two and four-legged ones are getting un-poorly.

My "j" key has stuck and it is driving me nuts - yet another new keyboard but at least it is under guarantee. In the meantime I have to keep hoiking it up with a nail file. Oh happy days

Keep warm everyone, and if you have to go out, keep safe.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »