Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2013, 07:11 AM

Mornign Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning all Dogsey friends I hope today finds everyone well.

I do believe we have fog and that is very cold out today. It was a bit up difficult to tell at 1/4 to 6 when Dillon wanted a wee but I do know it was cold.
Dillon came in and went back to sleep and I napped on the sofa till 7.

Not much on here today the usual walks hopefully not three today just the usual two and housework. Even after 3 walks yesterday I could not find Dillon's off switch he is wearing me out I know that much .

June I am hoping for good news today about Sasha and hope she will be home if not today that the vet will be able to say she will be able to come home in the next day or two.
I hope the other puppies are still dong well I did read about their antics with the tea towel and the kitchen cupboard.

If anyone is feeling poorly today I wish you better soon.
I better get the kettle on and do Gorden some lunch and his breakfast he is at the local school again today and feed Dillon.
I shall get the the sack otherwise . That's sounds tempting.

Have a good day all and stay safe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Glad to hear Dillon is still being good in the mornings, even though he seems to be wearing you out there Lynn I've decided to do the woods today, just waiting for it to get light, but I've looked out of the window and it's clear, no fog, no rain which is always a bonus.

Got a much needed hair appt today and this is where it usually goes pete tong with the 2nd cut with the same hairdressers, so I'm gonna make sure, she sits me down first and I have yet another consultation together with shoving a few pics under her nose just to remind her how I like it. I'm terrible with my hair, if it's not right, then neither am I We shall see........ Hopefully, she will risten!!!

Zena ate her morning biccies today which is always a good sign, and I did a briefing for the vet yesterday about her progress, took it up there, and although I'm seeing him on Monday morning he has put some more metronidazole up for me to collect, otherwise I would run out on Saturday, so it would seem her really does want to keep her on this one a day for a long time, but if it's working, I can't knock that. I have Googled and apparently, it's a miracle drug on a low dose for irritable bowel and inflamed intestines and can be taken for life, although there is a risk of neurological probs, if you catch them early enough and take the dog off them, all returns to normal. I'm willing to risk it, if only to see her happy and healthy again instead of vomiting, wretching and feeling rubbish.

Dave home tonight, and I'm hoping his accountant hasn't rung him today with the vat amount for the end of this month cos that'll just about finish him off what with the tax bill we've finally sorted out how to pay off. I will try to lift his spirits, but it's very difficult when actually, I feel the same way as he does about it all, i.e. depressed, very depressed!!

Off to take Zena out now then, hope it isn't too muddy in those woods, haven't been in there for weeks, but I need to do those hills again to shift these extra pounds I put on over Christmas, that's also very depressing!

Hopefully, my haircut won't tip me over the edge then Lol!

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning Lynn, H and all

I hope Dillon is a little angel today Lynn and you can get a break!

You're brave H, I am still avoiding the mud. Now that the sheep have gone I may do a walk that is partly through the woods byt is usually fairly dry, I haven't been that way for a while. I usually see two of our park volunteers who also volunteers at the nature reserve we walk through, they like to see the dogs and always say see you Thursday!

I was gutted to get a speeding ticket yesterday from when I dashed up to see my cousin, I had a feeling I would, I wasn't sure what the speed limit was, it was 30mph and I was doing 35mph doh, never had one before.

Not much else planned, I may continue spring cleaning, the lounge is next on the list for its annual dust on high (plate rack) and may even put the plates back, they are still down from the previous christmas! I have spiders webs that are like festoons!

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:34 AM
good morning!
Whats wrong with me then, up so early?

No news from me and nothing more exciting than shopping on the agenda!

Get Gordens food done Lynn, you don't really want to be out of a job
Safe journey home for Dave and I hope there are no more nasty shocks from tax or VAT bills. I remember the nightmares of when Brian was working. He religiously sat at the end of every month and did his books. Then at the end of the year we knew just where we were. Hard work, I know.

Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn and everyone

Glad to hear Dillon is still being good in the mornings, even though he seems to be wearing you out there Lynn I've decided to do the woods today, just waiting for it to get light, but I've looked out of the window and it's clear, no fog, no rain which is always a bonus.

Got a much needed hair appt today and this is where it usually goes pete tong with the 2nd cut with the same hairdressers, so I'm gonna make sure, she sits me down first and I have yet another consultation together with shoving a few pics under her nose just to remind her how I like it. I'm terrible with my hair, if it's not right, then neither am I We shall see........ Hopefully, she will risten!!!

Zena ate her morning biccies today which is always a good sign, and I did a briefing for the vet yesterday about her progress, took it up there, and although I'm seeing him on Monday morning he has put some more metronidazole up for me to collect, otherwise I would run out on Saturday, so it would seem her really does want to keep her on this one a day for a long time, but if it's working, I can't knock that. I have Googled and apparently, it's a miracle drug on a low dose for irritable bowel and inflamed intestines and can be taken for life, although there is a risk of neurological probs, if you catch them early enough and take the dog off them, all returns to normal. I'm willing to risk it, if only to see her happy and healthy again instead of vomiting, wretching and feeling rubbish.

Dave home tonight, and I'm hoping his accountant hasn't rung him today with the vat amount for the end of this month cos that'll just about finish him off what with the tax bill we've finally sorted out how to pay off. I will try to lift his spirits, but it's very difficult when actually, I feel the same way as he does about it all, i.e. depressed, very depressed!!

Off to take Zena out now then, hope it isn't too muddy in those woods, haven't been in there for weeks, but I need to do those hills again to shift these extra pounds I put on over Christmas, that's also very depressing!

Hopefully, my haircut won't tip me over the edge then Lol!

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Morning Helena. I hope it all goes well with the vat bill if its not one thing its another isn't it ? I know we can deal with one disaster at a time I am sure its the same for you and Dave.
I also have my fingers crossed the hair cut goes well.
Glad to hear Zena is still doing well. I think sometimes quality is better than quantity and you just have to do whats best at the time and hope the effects they warn you about don't happen but how can you have them miserable all their life. Sometimes you just have to take a chance because your damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Enjoy your walk I hope its not too muddy.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
I have got to take my car for the dreaded MOT today. It had better pass as I shall be needing it to get Kyiro to the vets tomorrow and home again on Saturday.
I am not looking forward to the journey to the garage. I could go up the awful A12 and get there in 30 mins but I won't drive on that road so its going to take me nearly an hour going back roads. I shall need the Sat Nav as havn't a clue where it exactly is.
Ice everywhere outside this morning and i can see the car is all white.
When I get home I have to start getting everything cleared from near my windows, that is going to be fun in the spare Junk room, as at 7.30 Saturday morning the men are coming to put in my new windows and doors, and then its off to work.
Lynn I am glad Dillon is being good for you still.
Good Luck with the hair H,
Have a good day all and stay safe if your venturing out in the ice.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, H and all

I hope Dillon is a little angel today Lynn and you can get a break!

You're brave H, I am still avoiding the mud. Now that the sheep have gone I may do a walk that is partly through the woods byt is usually fairly dry, I haven't been that way for a while. I usually see two of our park volunteers who also volunteers at the nature reserve we walk through, they like to see the dogs and always say see you Thursday!

I was gutted to get a speeding ticket yesterday from when I dashed up to see my cousin, I had a feeling I would, I wasn't sure what the speed limit was, it was 30mph and I was doing 35mph doh, never had one before.

Not much else planned, I may continue spring cleaning, the lounge is next on the list for its annual dust on high (plate rack) and may even put the plates back, they are still down from the previous christmas! I have spiders webs that are like festoons!

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Morning Gerri. I can live in hope Dillon is a little angel somehow I think I am on a losing battle with that one.
Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket its because lately you are always having to rush I expect.
Good luck with the walk and cleaning. I swear the cobwebs sneak up on us.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
good morning!
Whats wrong with me then, up so early?

No news from me and nothing more exciting than shopping on the agenda!

Get Gordens food done Lynn, you don't really want to be out of a job
Safe journey home for Dave and I hope there are no more nasty shocks from tax or VAT bills. I remember the nightmares of when Brian was working. He religiously sat at the end of every month and did his books. Then at the end of the year we knew just where we were. Hard work, I know.

Have a good day everyone.
Morning Jenny. Not sure whats wrong with you maybe Spring is just around the corner.
I was good and did his lunch and breakfast I will be homeless if I get the sack. Can't even go to mums now as she has no house so I better behave.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
I have got to take my car for the dreaded MOT today. It had better pass as I shall be needing it to get Kyiro to the vets tomorrow and home again on Saturday.
I am not looking forward to the journey to the garage. I could go up the awful A12 and get there in 30 mins but I won't drive on that road so its going to take me nearly an hour going back roads. I shall need the Sat Nav as havn't a clue where it exactly is.
Ice everywhere outside this morning and i can see the car is all white.
When I get home I have to start getting everything cleared from near my windows, that is going to be fun in the spare Junk room, as at 7.30 Saturday morning the men are coming to put in my new windows and doors, and then its off to work.
Lynn I am glad Dillon is being good for you still.
Good Luck with the hair H,
Have a good day all and stay safe if your venturing out in the ice.
Morning Bev. Good luck with the mot and clearing the windows ready for Saturday.
Dillon is being a real pain this morning. I am at a total loss what to do with this attention barking he has been fed been out to the garden but still he keeps on barking I am doing my best to ignore him but it doesn't work.
I am really finding him hard work and not enjoying having a dog at the moment.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Bev. Good luck with the mot and clearing the windows ready for Saturday.
Dillon is being a real pain this morning. I am at a total loss what to do with this attention barking he has been fed been out to the garden but still he keeps on barking I am doing my best to ignore him but it doesn't work.
I am really finding him hard work and not enjoying having a dog at the moment.
Can you put his breakfast in a kong to keep him occupied for a while and in future put his breakfast in a kong the night before and pop it in the freezer so it takes him even longer.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Morning Jenny. Not sure whats wrong with you maybe Spring is just around the corner.
I was good and did his lunch and breakfast I will be homeless if I get the sack. Can't even go to mums now as she has no house so I better behave.
You know you could be right, I have just done more housework in the last hour than I usually do in a day!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »