Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2013, 11:47 PM

I lost my 'cool' today.

In my defense I have had a mental few days, after being ill between Christmas and New Year myself I then had;

A cat who got out in the evening - get beat up by another cat. She then had to go vets New Years Eve for a scratch on face. It was fine and closed itself over but a bit dirty so wanted ABs to be careful.

Then a ferret in terrible condition came in, even though we are full then some and I keep saying we are closed. He's on ABs for a chest infection.

Then New Years day Riley started vomiting in the evening, all through the night and into today.

Plus normal up-keep of everything.

So I didn't get much sleep last night with sick animals needing checked on.

About to go vets, get a call - someone must re-home their ferrets TODAY because of work demands!?! Made no sense to me, was literally going out door to take Riley vet so said give me an hour.
Had to pull massive strings but found a foster and they sold them on GT.

I just lost it. I normally aim to be the diplomatic in the face of cruelty and idiocy but today it left me.

I think it may be my time to bow out of rescue, if I can't remain calm for the sake of the animal I am being useless anyway!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE=Niccie;2644934]In my defense I have had a mental few days, after being ill between Christmas and New Year myself I then had;

A cat who got out in the evening - get beat up by another cat. She then had to go vets New Years Eve for a scratch on face. It was fine and closed itself over but a bit dirty so wanted ABs to be careful.

Then a ferret in terrible condition came in, even though we are full then some and I keep saying we are closed. He's on ABs for a chest infection.

Then New Years day Riley started vomiting in the evening, all through the night and into today.

Plus normal up-keep of everything.

So I didn't get much sleep last night with sick animals needing checked on.

About to go vets, get a call - someone must re-home their ferrets TODAY because of work demands!?! Made no sense to me, was literally going out door to take Riley vet so said give me an hour.
Had to pull massive strings but found a foster and they sold them on GT.

I just lost it. I normally aim to be the diplomatic in the face of cruelty and idiocy but today it left me.

I think it may be my time to bow out of rescue, if I can't remain calm for the sake of the animal I am being useless anyway![/QUOTE]

Yu need serious time out is all.

It is the same for family who work in India; they need time out from time to time, You are in burn-out and must take a real break of several weeks.

Be kind to you aas you are to the critters. Rescue folk need rescuing sometimes. No one is indisensable.. and taking time away will make folk value you more...