Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 07:23 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Christmas Eve

Good morning all you Dogsey Peops and a Very Happy Christmas to you all.

Well, we're almost there To all of you travelling away to families, have a safe journey, especially if you're travelling down west, roads flooded, no trains, an absolute nightmare, and I'm sure it's no different further up north and Scotland, so stay safe. To those braving the shops for a bit of last minute, God help ya, try not to get crushed!

6 am Zena woke us up barking and racing up and down the front from the lounge through to my bedroom. I was still dreaming so included her barking into my dream (as yer do ), whilst Dave got up to see what it was all about. She's never, ever barked in the morning, especially in the dark, but all he could see outside in the pitch black was a man walking up into the woods with a white gsd, and if that was what she was barking at, then jeesus, her senses must be super sensitive, coz the road is quite a way off, past out little sliproad at the bottom It's a very quiet unadopted road, hardly a car goes up it except to get to the woods and people walking, so I guess that really was what she was barking it. That would have freaked me out a tad if Dave hadn't of been home though!

Just a little announcement to make from Lynn and myself here this morning, and I'm sure you'll all understand why Whilst we love doing this daily thread and taking such an active part, we want to apologise in advance, that we probably won't be able to answer each and every one of you in turn over this busy period. The thread seems to flow along nicely on it's own, there's always somebody who pops in and answers a previous post, so we're going to try and just let it roll so to speak, which I'm sure you will all understand. Lynn isn't feeling too good, and what with family and friends around, it would seem rude to be sitting at the puter all the time (much as we'd love to!). If it works like that then fine, but if not, then we'll resort to plan A when Christmas is over

Off down the beach for another long one, we were out for 2 hours yesterday morning, and it's not raining here yet, so hopefully, we can do the same again today, but I must stop off somewhere and grab a bunch of bananas for my banoffee I want to make.

Enjoy Christmas Eve everybody
johnboy999
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Happy Xmas to all, Glad Zena is A lot Better Elena.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Morning Johnboy and a very happy christmas to you too, let's hope in the new year you and me will have a trouble free time with the doglets! Zena is doing great and I hope Ella is too now. We're ringing the vet again at 11 am so I want to ask about some stomach coating pills that I can keep on standby for just in case purposes.xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 07:45 AM
How scary H! Maybe Zena thought it was time Santa Paws arrived lol!
Hope you and everyone else has a fab Christmas.
I have the masses arriving for a big Christmas dinner this evening so will be mad busy once my caffeine drip has kicked in! Also doing a skype call for the first time ever so my mum can talk to and see my sisters and nieces...well, that's the plan at least!

Hope everyone has a good day x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow and, of course, A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all xx

I don't blame you for letting the daily thread flow along on it's own - I think it will survive

We had planned on going for a breakfast today, but, alas, the nasty weatherman says it's going to rain all day . My guess is that me and my girlie will be doing the prom walk today instead.

The turkey is in the oven! I managed to crowbar it in . Why we had to buy the biggest bird in the shop I really don't know, but it seemed a good idea at the time. It is so big, that I can't get up early enough, despite Rosie's help, to get it cooked properly tomorrow. We like the bird dry so it is in a long time. It's a bit of a tradition here to cook the bird Christmas Eve - something I've always done with buying such big birds.

I'm a bit on pins here. I can't remember Gary ever staying in on Christmas Eve, but he really needs to this year as his head still isn't right. Everything crossed that he is sensible and does as he's told. The next hurdle will be New Year's Eve.

I feel so much for the people affected by the horrific flooding we are seeing. Bad enough at any time, but Christmas ............. .

I do hope that everyone has a peaceful and loving day tomorrow whether with family and friends or alone. The joy of the internet, of course, is that anyone with a computer never has to be alone

Have a good day all and stay safe xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Morning H and all and a Merry Christmas to everyone.
Raining here, but nothing much lined up for today except the usual housework and walking Lily. Poor Kyiro seems to be limping worse than ever now. He is back to the vets on Thursday for another bandage change and then in the new year it looks like if I can get the money together he will have to face amputation. Havn't a clue what it will cost though but I daresay not cheap.
Take care everyone and I hope you all escape any damage from flooding, the pictures on the news look truly awful and while I may not be able to have a christmas this year here at least I am in a dry house. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to be flooded out and have everything ruined at christmas. My thoughts will be with all those less fortunate than myself.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Hmmmm - I think the morning/afternoon/evening thread will just about struggle on without you and Lynn taking such good care of us all - it has turned into such a lovely day-long chitchat to pop in and out of now!

I decided to save some time this morning by putting the washing in the machine before I went to bed, and switched it on when I had to get up for Pereg. So when I surfaced this morning it was all done and ready to go into the drier! Nothing else really to do today. Pereg's meals are sorted - first one turkey heart and vegetables and second one three whole sardines, and mine will be the rest of the luvverly stew/casserole/dun-in-de-crockpot wotsit, with added veggies from Pereg's pumpkin and courgettes. Probably chuck some frozen green beans in.

Boring life I lead really, innit!

Have a good Christmas Eve everyone - to those doing the last minute shopping - Good Luck. To those travelling to family and friends - Safe Journey. And to those stricken in the terrible flooded areas, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Helena and everyone else ,

I am absolutely amazed that you and Lynn reply to all the posts anyway - surely that is way above and beyond what anyone would expect of you!! But you are totally forgiven before you ignore us all

Spooky when our dogs bark and we aren't sure what at Mine seem to have a habit of doing it when I'm here by myself, possibly because the dogs are being more protective, who knows

Lynn I really hope you have got over your virus and that all is calm with Dillon in your household over Christmas.

I'm leaving here around 9.15 (must walk the dogs first) to go and meet up with my brother to visit our Mum for the morning. I hadn't originally planned to take the dogs with me, in case the traffic on the M25 is dire, but my OH is off to see his Mum today and I would hate to leave the dogs too long if I get stuck in traffic.

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas Eve and anyone unwell feels a lot better - dogs included.

Happy Christmas to Azz, all the Mods and all fellow members from me, Rucksack and Flash [/SIZE][/FONT]
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all

A Happy Christmas to you all

Hope Lynn feels better soon,

Tom is feeling better this morning and has said he doesn't need to go to the Dr's,but O/H is feeling rough

I have nearly everything done,Turkey will be put in the oven later,Pork is defrosting,mopped the floors last night,Luke is fetching me some bread & milk later

Weather here is awful,pouring with rain again,for everyone in flood affected areas stay safe, and to those travelling take care.

Have a good day all x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Morning everyone.

I hope Lynn feels better, especially over Christmas.

My mum is coming up to stuff the turkey today (ew!).

I'm just about to take Loki out and it's miserable out there.

I hope everyone gets everything done that they need to.

xxx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »