Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 06:08 AM

Where is he this time. (q)

Was settled abed after a very long day at market then shopping, when I heard a faint miaou...Big boy cat has a tiny voice,,, Girl cat had managed to shut herself in the bedroom all day and shot out like a bat out of hell when I opened the door and straight out through the cat flap, legs crossed..

Had not seen the big boy still... Sounded faint and I searched the bedroom.. still calling..

Went along the top corridor to the spare room.. more crying... The hot press ( Irish for airing cupboard) is in there and the door was open as they love to curl up among the blankets and throw out any extra

More cries and I realised that he was not in the cupboard, but ,, oh my! Behind the walls..

Yep... definitely behind the walls and I was having frantic thoughts of having to call the landlord etc.. punch drunk through exhaustion

Pushed the roof of the cupboard and it moved; loose planks for access.. and there he was...

He must have pushed the wood back enough to creep in but it fall back into place and trapped him; I reckon he had been there 24 hours. I had opened the door to air the room then closed it that night

For a big lad he is very nimble

First stop, food. second stop cat flap!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh those moggies can get themselves into all sorts of scrapes. One of mine got herself shut in a drawer with some clothes once. That was very close. Silly cat.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Aww poor thing - glad you found him before he needed the loo!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Aww poor thing - glad you found him before he needed the loo!
First stop was food, then out the cat flap!

That day when I was out, the girl had managed to get herself shut in the bedroom and as soon as I opened the door she shot out, legs crossed

She does have a litter tray but..

yesterday I saw the north end of the boy going south through the roof again; he can open most doors. ...Girl followed

Left them to it! He is a huge cat about two stone ..

No idea what is so attractive re the roof space but if there is anything living up there there won't be soon!