Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:22 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning all Dogsey members

I haven't looked outside yet, but I heard that north wind a'blowing in the night, and when I opened the back door to let Zena out brrrrrr it was cold so I shut it quickly, and then she had to wait to get back in whilst I made my cuppa.

I hope you're having a fantastic time now that Gorden is back home again Lynn, but I bet he's having a nice lie in this morning whilst you're cooking him a real breakfast! Hope everyone else is well along with the doglets today too.

Dave home tonight, so I'll be making a curry, so better get myself off to Sainsbury's first thing after I've walked Zena, then up to the van to put the electric radiator on a low setting to ward off the frost coz although Dave has insulated underneath, he's still got to lag the pipes this week-end. Can you believe I got an enquiry from a couple yesterday for a week-end break this week-end It's the last place I'd want to spend a week-end at this time of year, but each to their own.

Opened the kitchen blinds and right up the top coming through the big hole underneath the fencing, was the biggest and most gorgeous, healthy looking fox I've ever seen in my life and I've seen a few Absolutely gorgeous, as he stood there and looked down, then trotted along the top level and underneath the next fence into next door. Blooming 'eck, good job I had already let Zena out Im gonna have to watch that on these dark mornings methinks.

Anyhoo, hope you have a great day all, so let's hear about it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow

I'm laid up at the moment. That winter sickness bug that everyone has on the ward Gary is on at the hospital, struck me down yesterday. I spent the whole day in bed. Don't feel as bad this morning so hopefully, I just have the mini version. My sister visited yesterday and again today then Dave is doing some stints until I've got rid of this damned thing.

Gary is only just starting to come round from the bug and still isn't right, but, of course, we don't know how much is related to the bug and how much to the head injury.

I'm sure it'll all get sorted in the end. For now, it's back to bed for me

Have a good 'un all
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Morning Chris, you poor old sausage you As if you haven't gone through enough, this has brought you down even further, I'm so, so sorry Chris. Take good care of yourself, try and let the others take over for you for a bit, and although Gary will miss your visits, I'm sure he'll understand, and you never know, they could even move him today or tomorrow, let's hope so for everyone's sake.xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Morning everyone

How lovely Helen. We've seen foxes walking down the road. Badgers too but now they're developing that field I doubt if we'll see them again. I bet Zena will be able to smell that it was there.

Sorry you're unwell Chris - I was reading about this bug going around. Apparently there has been an increase in cases. I hope you recover soon.

It is soooo cold this morning. I hate getting up when it's dark. It seems wrong somehow. Still, it's dry and bright already.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Morning H and all,
It is bitter out there and I nearly froze completely walking Lily in that icy wind this morning, shewasn't too impressed either.
This morning and for the next few mornings I am doing a little care work helping out a friend with her lady so she can have a long weekend off to spend some time with her sister who is visiting. I'm just hoping the roads are not too icy as I have to go down lots of little narrow country lanes to get there.
Then it will be off to my normal job this afternoon.
Chris I am sorry tyou have gone down with this bug as well, as if you didn't have enough to cope with already. I hope both you and your son are well soon.
Lynn enjoy waking up with Gordon this morning .
H, a curry sounds good in this weather and I saw a fox at the end of our road this morning. Beautiful creatures, I love them.
Have a good day everyone and take care.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning Helena, LS, Bev, Chris and everyone who follow ,
The sun is trying to come out - whoopee and no rain forecast The river is just lapping onto our garden frontage but hopefully with a few dry days it will hold.

Chris I am so sorry you've gone down with that dreaded bug:- Just remember it is exceedingly infectious/contagious (not sure which) so don't go throwing a party.The other thing is at least you will have good immunity against it this early into winter. I'm really pleased that Gary is getting over it - poor love.

Lynn I hope you are having a lovely time with Gorden back and he can sort your computer - we miss you

Helena - save me some curry, I love it .

I'm off to walk my dogs and do a Tesco run so I'll drop by later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Apart from the sneezles and the coffles, all is well in this corner of the universe! The sun is shining, the binmen have just been [they seem to have change the Wednesday pick-up to Thursday] and Pereg did her usual twice weekly rushing out, barking, hackles raised, tail held high and waving - then rushing back, rushing out again, rushing back! She only goes so far and they all know to just ignore her which is A Good Thing as I would hate for them to be worried and complain about her. Pereg, of course, then has to go sniffy sniffy all round the bin [which they do not move - just open and lift out the tied bag], one final gruffle [and waves from the crew], then she comes in and flonks down muttering to herself!

Latest update on couch - late yesterday afternoon I had a telephone call from the suppliers themselves and have been assured that I will have a chocolate brown couch delivered on or before 11 December. Same design as the one ordered but a new version with upgraded inner frame and cushioning. Definitely in stock and definitely will be delivered. So they say. I really hope this will be the end of the couch saga and it seems like it has gone on forever.

I wonder what they mean by "chocolate brown"? Milk chocolate? Dark chocolate? No idea but as long as [a] it arrives and [b] it is brown, I really do not care! They are going to give me two or three matching cushions as well.

Sorry to hear you are ill Chris - that norovirus is a horrible thing and seems to spead like wildfire and I do hope you only have the mini version. (((hugs)))

I hope Lynn and Gorden are enjoying their reunion - wonder what he brought home for her!

Off across to the macolet shortly as I want some more frozen green beans - I currently have a craving for them!

Have a good day everyone and keep safe, warm, and dry.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all

It's freezing here too,had a nice frost overnight and the little pond is frozen so will let Tyler defrost it later,he loves digging in ice,strange dog lol We currently have blue skies and the sun is shining

Looks like Tom's thrown a fit with his school planner and lost his temper with it as it now has all the pages pulled out of it and dumped in the washing basket which I found after he had left for school I thought he was out in the utility for longer than normal this morning

Lizzie was in a flap this morning,she couldn't find her lab coat which I washed & dried last weekend as I always do and put it in her room with other washing which needed to be put away but she didn't,just dumps it on top of the laundry basket in her room,so all her clean washing is now everywhere I don't know what's dirty or clean so I've just shut the door and left it That's her first job when she comes in from college.

Chris - Hope your feeling better soon and hope Gary continue's to improve.

Bev - Take care on those icy roads.

Enjoy your curry later Helena.

Have a good day all x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2012, 09:03 AM
'morning Helena, Chris, and all

Do you think Zena would chase that fox if she saw it

Chris, on top of everything you have to get that bug and likely from the hospital too, I do feel sorry for you and I do hope your son recovers and is home with you soon.

Rained last night here, was snowing in the nearby mountains but were just low enough to have missed it................this time

Best wishes to all of you.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

29-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Helan and All Jack Frost was busy during the night - oh so cold it was - frost on the ground looks more like snow lying!! Ben Lomond and surrounding mountains are all covered in snow - looks lovely looking out my bedroom windows! We are high up above sea level at Johnstone Castle and Ben Lomond and the other mountains are clearly seen from here!

Took Loki for her health check yesterday, Gillian the vet, was pleased with her and Loki loved seeing her again. She gave Loki ear drops in both ears as Loki has a wee infection in both her ears. Then I asked if her nails could be trimmed and she only needed to trim 3, one on each front paw and her back dew claw, I think! Her nails were good as I walk her always on hard ground!

Anyway, last night, after her meds were given, I heard a noise in the hall and went out, Loki was in a fit. It is only two weeks since her last one. I am thankful though that the fits are not severe as they once were and not in clusters as they were.

Of course, I didn't sleep just sat on the edge of my bed to listen out for her. Getting up and giving her water when she sat up. I have a sore back and shoulders today and I am shattered! But Loki is worth it!

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care and hugs from Loki and me - PJ and Soochie xx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »