Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 07:18 AM

Morning Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning everyone

Wouldn't it be nice if we could skip winter, and go straight to Spring, leaving a bit of time inbetween for Christmas though! I'm getting a bit d-o-w-n opening these lounge curtains each morning only to see it damp and dark again, although the trees do look very pretty, quite a spectacular show of oranges this year.

Dave went off to work in the pitch black at 6 am leaving me all tucked up asleep - we say our goodbye in the evenings now coz he knows I won't be awake in the dark. I made myself a promise yesterday to get out earlier to catch that woman with the horse, so that's what I shall be doing once I've come round with a nice cuppa.

I was just catching up at the end of yesterday's thread, with Lorraine showing off with her running skills, Bitkin trying to type quietly in the dark, and then I had to laugh out loud when June said her night, night john boy LOL!

Where does everybody go in the winter?? Is it like this at yours, coz I never see my neighbours nowadays I don't think I've done anything to offend them (moi?) but they've all seemed to have hibernated, even the woman next door goes to bed at 8.30 (I know that coz when I take Zena out the back and up the top, I see her in the bathroom brushing her teeth and switching off the lights up there). I don't even see them outside like I used to, so I'm glad I've got you lovely lot in here, otherwise my 3 days alone would be quite lonely now. I might start up that neighbourhood watch scheme that I'm supposed to be doing, but haven't got around to, at least that way, I can deliver all the little notices and maybe get invited in for tea and biccies huh?!

Anyway, hope you're all well and the doglets, don't work too hard, and enjoy your day, I'll be back later
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Morning H,

Morning all here on Dogsey

I haven't been on here for quite some time but I'd just like to say a BIG thank you to all of you who sent me Birthday wishes for Sunday.

Thank you all

Have a great day

x x x x x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Morning Morning Morning xxxx

We see our neighbours all the time Helena, so can not answer your question

But dark and wet here, and Im sick of mopping the floors from paw prints

Have a great day folks and enjoy xxxxxxxx
Morning Shane nice to see you x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Morning Shane Happy Birthday from me and Zena, and hope you stick around, coz this site has returned to how it used to be when you were last seen. Hope your beautiful girl is doing well, give her a big hug from me.xxx

Morning Steph Well, now you got me thinking Must be me then!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2012, 07:47 AM
'morning Helena, Steph, and all of you

I'm also getting 'hooked' on the horse story now Helena so I hope you can give us the next chapter soon and also hope it has a happy ending.

Sun is shinning today so it's not quite winter yet, to answer your question, we just hibernate, get the car out only when we need some food, and only venture out on foot to take the dogs for a walk, so as you say it's just as well we have Dogsey to chat on.

Have a good day everyone.
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Morning all

We don't really get on with our neighbours so thankful for not seeing them! I took the dogs out in the dark this just to avoid people!
I wish we could skip Xmas and go straight to spring too though!

My eye is a bit better this morning still sore but better!

Boring old work today , I'm stuck in traffic on the bus at the moment!

Hope everyone has a good day
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Morning Helena,morning all,

I really don't like winter, and we can certainly hear our neighbours if we don't see them,with all the screams,bangs and thuds

Need to clean out Tyler's crate later because his has chewed & shredded a nice piece of carpet I put in for him,he didn't think it was nice

Went to do some xmas shopping for the boys yesterday,complete waste of time,they didn't have what I went for and now I remember why I do the majority of it online so that's a job for later to see if I can locate a game for the xbox they want.

Need to pop to Tesco's later to get some bits and pieces, and must steer clear of the cake isle,there christmas Irish cream cup cakes are to die for, and I can't resist

Have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Howdy Doody Helena and all,

My neighbours also seem to disappear when the days shorten. We are on really good terms with them all and in the nice weather we will see each other to chat in the garden etc. I walk a lot (obviously having dogs ) and they go everywhere by car. I actually was thinking yesterday when I was walking up to the fields that I hadn't seen a soul and that was mid-morning! Our other neighbours have a dog (recently lost one) and I rarely see them too.

My youngest son (24), the dogs and I are off to visit my elderly Mum in her nursing home this morning just for a few hours and should be back around lunchtime.

I hope you all have a good day and love to everyone and their four-legged pals.

....... until later .....
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Good morning all.

Nice and sunny here, but cold (well, I suppose it is winter )

The cold weather tends to keep most sane folk indoors . Whereas in spring, summer, autumn they all come out in their gardens and have a chat as soon as they see you walk through the door, in winter I just catch the odd 'hello' as one or other of them is getting the car out or putting it away. My next door neighbour tends to ring me in winter when it's cold if they need anything (they are well into their eighties so it's easier for them that way). Next door the other way I only see occasionally anyway as they only come now and again (they use the bungalow for holidays).

In summer, everyone seems to spend a lot of time in their gardens so it can be like running the gauntlet to get out without chatting to them (which can be a pain when in a hurry, but better than having neighbours that don't get on)

Same old, same old here - into town for a mosey round.

Rosies vet trip went well. Cost me £34 - she had boosters, full check up, dew claws clipped and her anal glands checked and emptied. Fortunately, we seem to have got over the anal gland problem she had. I've never known it work before and it's not exactly pc these days, but I've replaced on of her meals with half a weetabix in a drop of warm milk and she seems to have been fine since and the check yesterday seemed to confirm this. PC or not, the weetabix is now in her daily diet

I do hope that horse is OK, Helena. Fingers crossed.

Have a good 'un all
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Morning all

Wet and dull here today ,,,,,,,,,,as usual

About to have my morning coffee then will get going.

Have a good one All
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »